Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 07-06-2005, 07:19 PM   #1
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 
Angry time to get off the Corby bandwagon!

i'm so glad that this circus is coming to a close and the emotional misinformed hysteria is almost gone... and so it should be, coz we need to look at our own inept society and justice system before throwing rocks at others.

A poor innocent 6 year old boy had his foot amputated coz a bloke, 3 times over the .05 limit lost control and smashed his car into the school injuring the young boy.

What happens to the bloke behind the wheel?? walks away from court....

Well done Australia..!

Last edited by JPFS1; 07-06-2005 at 07:30 PM.
JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2005, 07:24 PM   #2
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Agreed .. What a Crock
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2005, 07:26 PM   #3
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Bloody hell! That's just not right!!!

Hopefully Karma catches up with him.
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2005, 07:33 PM   #4
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM
i'm so glad that this circus is coming to a close and the emotional misinformed hysteria is almost gone... and so it should be, coz we need to look at our own inept society and justice system before throwing rocks at others.

A poor innocent 6 year old boy had his foot amputated coz a bloke, 3 times over the .05 limit lost control and smashed his car into the school injuring the young boy.

Well done Australia..!
Wasn't there a case recently in South Australia where a driver with a suspended licence got community service when he wiped out and killed a cyclist?
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2005, 07:39 PM   #5
BlueRaven
Dual O2 sensors

I find the best thing you can do is turn off the tv and ignore the media... or just take it with a grain of salt.
Old 07-06-2005, 08:00 PM   #6
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
Wasn't there a case recently in South Australia where a driver with a suspended licence got community service when he wiped out and killed a cyclist?
There is an enquiery under way on that case at the moment. The driver was a high profile lawyer.

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2005, 08:16 PM   #7
xrgran

Having been a worker at a womens refuge I have seen some weird and sad sh!t happen in the past, and true to form our legal system sucks!
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2005, 08:49 PM   #8
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Once our legal system is perfect or at least equitable, we will be in a position to tell the indonesians what to do .. until then ........
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2005, 09:00 PM   #9
johnydep
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
Yeah, got the article in front of me.

Eugene McGee, ex-cop turned high profile lawyer.

Hit and run, killed a bike rider.

He was seen at a restaurant, before the accident, with his mum & brother, they had all consumed 3 botttles of red before driving home.
He run over cyclist Ian Humphrey, drove off was missing for six hours & one pyschatric expert, brought in by the defence, reckons McGee has Post Traumatic Syndrome from being a police officer. The prosecution did not have any thing to counteract the expert, or no other experts to give a differing opinion.
McGee got a $3100 fine & 12 months licence suspension.

A Royal Commision is being held, and so far it has been revealed; that two witness that saw McGee driving erratically were not considered by the police as good witnesses,
the police officer that interviewed Eugene McGee smelt alchohol on him but forgot to breath test him and did not realise that he had the power to force a blood test,
know one knows were he was for the six hours after the accident,
another pyschatric expert has given evidence that contradicts the first; "McGee's failure to stop, leaving the Kapunda Road at the first opportunity and making 19 calls to his lawyer and family - could be evidence of 'goal-directed behavior'."

What happened here?
Stupidity or corruption!

EDIT: forgot to mention,

McGee was convicted of driving without due care and failing to stop and render assistance.

Last edited by johnydep; 07-06-2005 at 10:45 PM. Reason: forgot to mention;
johnydep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2005, 09:01 PM   #10
Quasi
Boss 290 BA GT Goodness

About time the Corby thing started to dissappear up it's own.......

......the only reason I don't say anything more is because some bleeding heart will start up all over again. There are more things happening in the world, and plenty of injustice being done.
The Toy - 03 BA GT In 'Venom', Silver BF Stripe Kit, Non-Premium Sound, Cloth Trim, Auto, 19" Staggered Vertini, Custom Exhaust, Roof DVD

Member of the FPV & XR Owners Club of ACT

Web Links To Check Out

Shannons Club Garage

Facebook Photo Albums

Last edited by Quasi; 08-06-2005 at 07:19 AM.
Quasi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2005, 10:38 PM   #11
The MaDDeSTMaN
No longer driving a Ford.

Given my own personal experience with the legal system here regarding the slumlord landlord...

Well, I can't exactly say I have faith in our system...

I'll leave it at that - otherwise I'll start to rant. :(
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2005, 12:03 AM   #12
3Toed
The Smoking Sloth™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L
Bloody hell! That's just not right!!!

Hopefully Karma catches up with him.
If I had kids and that happened to any of them then the drink driver wouldn't be walking away from anything...and quite possibly neither would the incompetent judge...
Amen Brother.
3Toed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2005, 03:39 AM   #13
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah i dont get how anyone could get away with it especially a lawyer whos meant to know the law. I know someone who only a coupla months ago just graduated from uni with a degree in law and has 2 drink driving convictions and then gave me a lecture about driving (speeding warning). Boy did i burn him he shut up after that,
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2005, 08:38 AM   #14
Donut Queen
Back Seat Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM

Well done Australia..!

The great thing about Australia is that we can all support whatever cause we want to. If you don't care about Schappelle Corby then shut up about her and leave people alone who do care. Likewise, I'll leave you to support the injustices you see.
Great advice from Dogbreath_48 about selling a car: "umm..maybe edit your post a little bit. Leave out the bit about running over over your dog, remove the word 'sic', as well as the aformentioned washing/tidying!"
Donut Queen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2005, 11:52 AM   #15
The MaDDeSTMaN
No longer driving a Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut Queen
The great thing about Australia is that we can all support whatever cause we want to. If you don't care about Schappelle Corby then shut up about her and leave people alone who do care. Likewise, I'll leave you to support the injustices you see.
Well said, I couldn't agree more. Got to love Australia!
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2005, 02:34 PM   #16
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

Quote:
You seem to be over looking the other GREAT thing about Australia, that is, we are allowed to VOICE our opinions no matter what others think. You don't like it.. don't read the thread. What you are saying that if somebody has a differing view that they should be silenced....

yeah right!

cya!
Old 08-06-2005, 02:39 PM   #17
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM
You seem to be over looking the other GREAT thing about Australia, that is, we are allowed to VOICE our opinions no matter what others think.
That's not entirely true....
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 08-06-2005, 02:42 PM   #18
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Sensational write up about drum brakes. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
That's not entirely true....
Care to back that up, big man?

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

If you don't fight - You lose
GreenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2005, 02:45 PM   #19
Steffo
LPG > You

I don't think I need to. The proof is in day to day life. One cannot today express distaste for something such as homosexuality, without being shunned by the rest of the public. Same thing with a huge number of other issues. Australia, and pretty much every other country = Freedom of Speech, as long as you conform like everyone else, and don't have any radical views that contradict what society believes is "just."
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2005, 03:19 PM   #20
DivHunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

like my Grandpa, God rest his soul, who believed if we had just shot all the Australian Natives in the first place we wouldn't have all the problems...
Speed cameras have changed the things we pay attention to and the things we regard as important. Instead of focusing on the dangers ahead, motorists feel that they have been relieved of responsibility for managing their own driving, and have ceded it instead to the mechanical intervention of the camera and other traffic signals.

Last edited by Philbie; 08-06-2005 at 03:58 PM.
DivHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2005, 03:41 PM   #21
Citric GT
Its yellow, NOT green!

Quote:
like my Grandpa, God rest his soul, who believed if we had just shot all the Australian natives in the first place we wouldn't have all the problems...
:hihi::hihi:

Last edited by Philbie; 08-06-2005 at 03:58 PM.
Citric GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2005, 03:43 PM   #22
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM

Well done Australia..!
I feel mixed emotions reading this post. Absolute joy at your comments regarding throwing rocks at indonesian justice - and I thankyou for articulating that so well....

But i feel disappointment regarding comments suggesting our great country is to blame for the result of the case you mention. I will defend our system and question leftist statements such as those cast above.

There may be circumstances we are not privvy to which resulted in the decision being made. Only people who could comment on this would have been in the courtroom. Anyone else is engaging in PURE speculation. Perhaps there was precedent set by a higher court? We cannot be sure.

To those who question our level of free speech, i feel you may be confused. You are entitled to speak out against gays, should you wish. Unless it is a personal attack against individuals there is no legal action which can be brought against you. Feel free to voice your opinons but also have the guts to take responsbility and face the consequences of such actions.

Contradicitng what society views as just is not forbidden - you just fear the reaction which ensues. That's not a restriction of freedom of speech - that's an unwillingness on your behalf to deal with the consequences.
Old 08-06-2005, 03:54 PM   #23
Philbie
Drvtme

Here we talk about freedom of speech, and I am here to say that even here you don't have that right.

the subject is important, however certain references need to be monitored.

I'm sure you understand.

What on earth is going on!........i’m Back in the ford camp.....#2019
Philbie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2005, 04:27 PM   #24
Dez
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
Yeah i dont get how anyone could get away with it especially a lawyer whos meant to know the law.

lol, who has a better chance of getting away with something than those with a better knowledge of the law....

he knows the law better than the average person, so its fair to say he knows ways around it as well
Dez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2005, 08:18 PM   #25
Donut Queen
Back Seat Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM
You seem to be over looking the other GREAT thing about Australia, that is, we are allowed to VOICE our opinions no matter what others think. You don't like it.. don't read the thread. What you are saying that if somebody has a differing view that they should be silenced....

yeah right!

cya!

I don't think it should be silenced. I'm just saying isn't it enough already? We've had a few threads about Schappele Corby with opinions for and against. Why stir it all up again just for the hell of it?
Great advice from Dogbreath_48 about selling a car: "umm..maybe edit your post a little bit. Leave out the bit about running over over your dog, remove the word 'sic', as well as the aformentioned washing/tidying!"
Old 08-06-2005, 09:33 PM   #26
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I don't think it should be silenced. I'm just saying isn't it enough already? We've had a few threads about Schappele Corby with opinions for and against. Why stir it all up again just for the hell of it?
yes we had those threads but neither of them were filled with any posts that brought perspective into the equation. As i said, it was full of hysteria...

IMO, this was something that put a bit of perspective on the situation and that there are many other things going un-noticed beneath our noses, it's just the media won't run with it if there is little in it for themselves.
Old 08-06-2005, 09:46 PM   #27
Donut Queen
Back Seat Driver

I've seen at least 3 or 4 news stories recently about the incident you brought up so the media is running with it. There was plenty of discussion from all kinds of perspectives in those other threads. You're just a shit-stirrer.
Old 27-05-2017, 08:25 PM   #28
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Default Re: time to get off the Corby bandwagon!

*BUMP*

The circus is again in full swing.

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2017, 08:41 PM   #29
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Should still be in Jail
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 27-05-2017, 09:37 PM   #30
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was all set to watch a program tonight and suddenly it switches to Bali, where some empty head reporter breathlessly gives us his depth portrayal of Shapelle Corby vacating her villa. WTF!!!!!!!!!! Who in hell gives a rats??? Watching paint dry would be far more interesting.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post