Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 22-07-2007, 10:23 AM   #61
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by NudgE^SIKBRO
You Broke the LAW... and to make matters worse you lied about it to get off... thats the sort of thing my 4 year old does.

You Do the Crime, You do the Time
You sound like someone who would blindly accept any legislation that was imposed on them, no matter how stupid or invading of civil rights it was, simply because its "the law." Surprising as it might be, there are many people who don't subscribe to such sheep like behaviour.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2007, 04:39 PM   #62
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by NudgE^SIKBRO
You Broke the LAW... and to make matters worse you lied about it to get off... thats the sort of thing my 4 year old does.

You Do the Crime, You do the Time
: :
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2007, 01:39 PM   #63
XR06T
13.96 @ 101.65

there is speeding and then there is speeding..

80 or 90 in a residential street with kids playing on it is not the same as 88 in a 60 zone on a four lane highway in the middle of the night, can anyone dispute that?

as for the way speed limits are decided, must be to raise revenue in some cases!!

i have given the example of my trip to work before, and the limits themselves leave alot to be desired in some cases.
conditions on roads change so much over the course of the day, so the 'one speed limit for all times' system is flawed imo.
Old 23-07-2007, 02:24 PM   #64
Tuddy200
Reaching for 200...

Why doesn't everyone who has a whinge at the speed limit system try and do something about it, instead of intentionally breaking the law thinking they're some kind of driving and road professional who knows what the safe speed at the time is.

So you have to do 60 instead of 90, an extra 15mins on your trip, boo-hoo. People whine because they want to drive thier cars more, but no, they speed cause now they want to get home 15mins quicker.

There is a right way to do things, and a wrong way, you and alot of other people like to lower yourselves to the police standards of the wrong way!
Tuddy200 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2007, 03:32 PM   #65
meg

Thanks for the link! it may be useful in the future. Everyone has rules, even the police. the police have to follow the rules to the letter of the law and set them by example, if the police are breaking there rules to catch someone else breaking the rules, why should that someone else have to cop it? you can't tell me you have never broken a rule or done anything wrong. there is always going to be accidents and deaths on our roads, some are speed related some aren't, at the end of the day ALL accidents are human error, thats why they are called accidents. My brother was killed in a car accident along with his girlfriend and the driver of the other car, yes very sad, BUT it was an accident, what has happened has happened, let it go! speeding can be an accident and yes 88 in a 60 can still be an accident, late at night, tired etc, simply cruising along with no other traffic do you really sit there and stare at your speedo? maybe that's what causes driver fatigue, watching the speedo not move, i personally drive to the conditions, if it is an open are with good visabilty i drive a bit faster if it is back streets etc i drive slower, it's all about being observant. If i got caught at night speeding in an open area as this thread relates to, i would be upset, especially if it was by a copper hiding in the bushes preying on natural human error. Learn your rights and use them to your advantage, otherwise turn around empty your pockets drop your pants and let the powers that be have their way with you.
meg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2007, 03:40 PM   #66
Eb Barbie
Banned

Well done! Parking inspectors are worse. Pete got a ticket for sposably parking in some zone in the public carpark when he came to see me at work and when it came in the mail it said he was parked in the 10min emergency drop off area! Dodgy Frankston. Wonder how many people just pay those kinda things??
Eb Barbie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post