Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 13-07-2007, 08:44 PM   #1
shane3
FPV GT 0915

Default $40.00 saves me $385

Well my $40 "waste of money" as some said, has saved me $385.00 as well as having my license suspended for a month (meaning I get to keep it), all from printing out 3 letters and $1.50 in stamps. :
http://www.aussiespeedingfines.com/index.php

Bluprint BA GT 2004 Model - Mods: Tinted Windows, Premium Sound, BBS Mags, 245/35R19 fronts, 285/30R19 rears, BMC POD Filter, SS cold air induction, HM tri-y headers, Redback cat back system, Herrod power snorkle, moded Herrod helix spacer, 4" ram air induction, More to come..
shane3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2007, 08:51 PM   #2
Scott

out with it then, what happened?
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2007, 09:19 PM   #3
shane3
FPV GT 0915

Sorry guys I meant to say it saved me $285 not $385.....
The cops were sitting in a car park drive way behind a HUGE shrub, didn't see them until we went past them, 11.30 PM going down Middleborough Rd (4 lane road), NO ONE around 88 in a 60, when we got pulled over I asked where they were sitting? "up the road" asked them where again and he pointed to the car park, the wife went and started taking pics on her phone and said "about here" as she was next to the shrub, she could not see through it except for the next cars head lights, was asked why I was speeding and told them that I wasn't, the wife has said "you cant see any thing from here", any way I was given a on the spot fine for 85 in a 60 zone $285.00 and suspension of license for 1 month, well I sent off a letter asking for the proof basicly I asked them to provide me with the proof that the hand held devise was up to Australian standards and conforms to the National Measurement Act 1960 in respect of its use for making measurements for any legal purpose as well as a whole heap of other legal stuff (2 pages), as well as follow up letters.
The "charges" have been dismissed, and no further action will be taken.
So my $40 has saved me $285.
Bluprint BA GT 2004 Model - Mods: Tinted Windows, Premium Sound, BBS Mags, 245/35R19 fronts, 285/30R19 rears, BMC POD Filter, SS cold air induction, HM tri-y headers, Redback cat back system, Herrod power snorkle, moded Herrod helix spacer, 4" ram air induction, More to come..
Old 13-07-2007, 09:24 PM   #4
Scott

Well IBF, well done.
Old 13-07-2007, 09:29 PM   #5
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well done alright!

I just watched the story on ACA and i wonder how long it will take the govt to take that site down....

Definatly worth the $39.95.
philstoj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2007, 09:32 PM   #6
HOON69
Banned

good stuff,and to think some ppl told you it was a waste of money :P

well done
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2007, 09:38 PM   #7
Gilesie
You gotta pay to play

I just hope that with your attitude for speeding if you hit and hurt somebody that you can still tell us all how well that $40 was spent

Do the crime do the time

2003 Mazda Bravo (work truck)

1979 F100 Ambo
Gilesie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2007, 09:39 PM   #8
Vdouw
Proud Ford Owner

well done saves you like 2000 + when you get done the done again on a good behaviour, resulting in a court hearing to allow you to drive for work purposes like me what a waste of dosh!
Vdouw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2007, 10:09 PM   #9
shane3
FPV GT 0915

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilesie
I just hope that with your attitude for speeding if you hit and hurt somebody that you can still tell us all how well that $40 was spent

Do the crime do the time
Gees will people get off there high horse, 88 in a 60 11.30 at night with NO ONE around and the road is 4 lanes wide. NO VICTIM NO CRIME!
Old 13-07-2007, 10:17 PM   #10
Gilesie
You gotta pay to play

just so that you know why I have this attitude
My brother driving at speed limit had a kid on a pushbike rode in front of him.straight off the footpath
no time to stop nowhere to turn
this childs face landed in the windscreen dirrectly in front of my brothers face.

If there was no crime you would not have needed to spend the $40.

justify it all you want you know you did wrong

1979 F100 Ambo
Old 13-07-2007, 10:28 PM   #11
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Excellent work well done, quite suprised it actually worked.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2007, 10:33 PM   #12
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Quote:
My brother driving at speed limit had a kid on a pushbike rode in front of him.straight off the footpath
this childs face landed in the windscreen dirrectly in front of my brothers face.

Perhaps if your brother was travelling a little slower it would not of happened. But to be fair, if he was going just a little bit faster it might not have happened. A tragedy to be sure, but how do you connect that tragedy with this guys breaking of the speed limit??
Old 13-07-2007, 10:44 PM   #13
shane3
FPV GT 0915

Quote:

I'm sorry to here that your brother had hit some one, don't know if he was killed or not. but life is one of those things, 5 seconds either way and it would not have happened, BUT as I have said, it was 11.30 at night, no one around (except for the cops) and 4 lanes wide, now IF there were other people around and cars I would have been doing the suggested speed limit of around 60, I say around 60 as the traffic flow may go faster or slower then 60.
Old 13-07-2007, 10:48 PM   #14
Gilesie
You gotta pay to play

My brother had done everything legaly
You have no idea of what the police put you through with such an accident so your comments are very unfair.@ outbackjack

My point was this happened whilst he obeying the law

But whilst everybody is praising shane3 for getting away with it would you have the same opinion if his actions had directly affected you.

Althogh I am more amazed that the mods are allowing the praising of illegal activities to continue.

1979 F100 Ambo
Old 13-07-2007, 10:55 PM   #15
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Quote:
My brother had done everything legaly
You have no idea of what the police put you through with such an accident so your comments are very unfair.@ outbackjack

My point was this happened whilst he obeying the law

But whilst everybody is praising shane3 for getting away with it would you have the same opinion if his actions had directly affected you.

Althogh I am more amazed that the mods are allowing the praising of illegal activities to continue.
Praising what illegal activity? No-one is saying "good on ya for speeding mate". They saying "good for you, you beat an un reasonable fine". That is not illegal. If the circumstances are what he said they were, late at night, he was sober, four lanes, no-one else around, then the way the cops booked him was un reasonable in any thinking persons mind. Everybody is royallyp1ssed off at state governments lust for easy money. That is why these kind of situations are going to occur more and more often.
Old 13-07-2007, 10:56 PM   #16
Scott

You missed the point Gilesie, OBJ didn't say your bro did anything wrong, just that if he had been travelling 1km slower or faster it simply wouldn't have happened.
Old 13-07-2007, 10:56 PM   #17
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

That's the kid on the bike fault as far as I'm concerned regardless of what speed your brother was doing.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2007, 10:59 PM   #18
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
That's the kid on the bike fault as far as I'm concerned regardless of what speed your brother was doing.
Agreed, i don't like hearing of these things happening, but cars belong on the road and kid's on bikes don't, it was the kids fault and i feel sorry for Gilesie's brother as all fingers would have been pointed at him.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2007, 11:20 PM   #19
1970galaxie
Fat 460

You sure it wasn't because you became mates with that Nomad down the road, and brought him along with you to back you up?
2003 BA XR8 Ute. Blood Orange. 5.4/5 speed.
2006 Territory Turbo. Silhouette. 4.0/6 speed auto.
1970galaxie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2007, 11:54 PM   #20
shane3
FPV GT 0915

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970galaxie
You sure it wasn't because you became mates with that Nomad down the road, and brought him along with you to back you up?
I know it's a Friday night but what ever your smoking...STOP???,

Stick to the subject, I used a legal loop hole to beat the bastards at there own game.
Old 14-07-2007, 12:00 AM   #21
1970galaxie
Fat 460

Not me mate, just having a little fun!
2003 BA XR8 Ute. Blood Orange. 5.4/5 speed.
2006 Territory Turbo. Silhouette. 4.0/6 speed auto.
1970galaxie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2007, 01:00 AM   #22
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hey sorry to stirr the pot, but you say it was 11.30 at night and no one around except for the cops. But you didn't see the cops, a big shiney blue and white sedan. If there was a place for them to hide then there could have been pedestrians around that you didn't see.
StealthAu is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2007, 10:43 AM   #23
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Dont see this thread lasting long
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2007, 11:07 AM   #24
HOON69
Banned

Quote:

undue care and attention,maybe your brother needs to pay more attention on the roads,no matter the speed i do,i always expect a obstacle of any kind to just appear,though im not always prepared for it,i know it can happen at any time.

just because your brother got caught out,dont mean the rest of us are like him
i gather this was a residential area your brother hit the kid at?
this guys talking about 4 lane road no traffic at night?

your point is valid but the fact is some roads have speed limits that are F'd up and should either be
1) reduced
2)increased
we have a road that dual way 2-3 lanes each way no houses etc and its a 60-70 zone and its in better condition then the bloody M1 and thats 100-110 zone.

the cop hiding like they did is proof enough that this cop just wanted to go anal from the beginning and obviously got caught on a lie.

civilian 1
cop 0
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2007, 01:03 PM   #25
BA_Turbs
Allan Smithee

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane3
Gees will people get off there high horse, 88 in a 60 11.30 at night with NO ONE around and the road is 4 lanes wide. NO VICTIM NO CRIME!
The victim is 'statute', meaning the law. Exactly the same as drug dealing.

Just an interesting thought...

The letter you received, did it say that the Penalty Notice had been withdrawn and there would be no further prosecution? Or did it just say the Penalty Notice was withdrawn? Just wondering if now that the ticket has been pulled, there may be a summons to follow it up later on?
BA_Turbs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2007, 01:16 PM   #26
shane3
FPV GT 0915

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockoau
hey sorry to stirr the pot, but you say it was 11.30 at night and no one around except for the cops. But you didn't see the cops, a big shiney blue and white sedan. If there was a place for them to hide then there could have been pedestrians around that you didn't see.
Will you read what I typed, They (the cops) were sitting IN a car park, BEHIND a very dense bush,....think of this as looking through the peep hole in your front door, you can see out but the other person can't see in, there were no sign of any one on the street, car or pedestrian, and if there was I would have been a lot closer to the posted speed limit.
Old 14-07-2007, 03:33 PM   #27
robbo_yobbo
Kick out tha Jams

Good on ya mate!
The cops are changing thier tactics to increase thier revenue, its time we all altered our own tactics to combat this change to increase our own personal revenue.

I like the statement "No Victim - No Crime"!

Theres always those that argue yea "but if this happened", or "but if that happened", well I say "YEAH BUT IT DIDNT"

Sure the laws are there, but some of them are trivial, and leave too much room for over exploitation from authorities. Preventitive laws work well to an extent, but at some point they simply go too far.
A sensible person can judge what is/isnt safe for themself, (and yes I know the law is there because not everyone is sensible) and 4 lanes with no traffic, and a car thats designed to safeley handle twice the speed on other legal roads seems safe to me. you could easily cause much more harm going half the speed legaly on a road double the limmit.
so I say if you can get away with it, and it dont hurt no-one, them Im all for it - legal or not......... flame away!
Old 14-07-2007, 05:53 PM   #28
Grechie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I say well done shane for standing up for yourself like that.
Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 - 255/35/19 - 275/35/19
Shockworks Coilovers
PITLANE AUTOMOTIVE & PERFORMANCE
Grechie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2007, 07:25 PM   #29
shane3
FPV GT 0915

I will have to go back and take some pics of where the cops were sitting, I don't have the ones my wife took with her phone, just so you can see how the cops were hiding and that you could not see them, but they could see what was coming down the road. It's really sad when they think that this type of police activity is going to save lives by booking people when using a stealth type of detection, I would rather see 5 times the cops on the road doing their jobs (within reason), like booking the guy who tried to do a U turn from the far left hand lane across 3 other lanes of traffic on Warrigal road with no indicators......book people for things that are a present danger to people, not a $134.00 fine for 5 k's over the limit on a main road. or in my case a $285.00 fine and 4 points as well as suspension of license for 1 month.
How many of us have had some one almost plow into them, for the sake of the other person not doing a over the shoulder check or not using the indicators or plainly not being able to drive at all.
Old 15-07-2007, 01:29 AM   #30
Gilesie
You gotta pay to play

You were doing almost 50% over the speed limit and you still justify it.

get real, I now understand why the hoon laws were brought in.

you should think yourself lucky that they did not take your car off you
This is not like an oversite where you accidently creeped over the limit it was intentional and now we are expected to feel sorry for you.

and for all of you saying how hard he was done by I would like you to see what happens to a grown man that has done nothing wrong have a childs face in his windscreen

1979 F100 Ambo

Last edited by Gilesie; 15-07-2007 at 01:37 AM.