Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 11:38 PM   #31
FezBoy
Fez good. Wez better.

Thanks for all of the advice, people. There's some reasonable suggestions there (and some unreasonable ones!).

I've got three months to think about it yet. I'm lucky to have the choice, but there's too much choice out there, I think.

A basically pointless "just for weekends" car appeals at the moment - like a Cobra or something. No point in being sensible about it, is there?

Gave my 2004 Fiesta Zetec to my mother-in-law.

Drive a Westfield SEiW now: No roof. No windows. No doors. No ABS. No ASC. No EBD. No power brakes. No power steering. No cruise control. No radio.

Got: 600kg, 300hp, R888s.

Old 08-02-2008, 11:45 PM   #32
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Just curious as to whether you're being given 40k or is it a case of the missus allowing you to pull a loan for 40k to spend on yourself? If it's being given to you then go nuts LOL but if it's a loan to spend on yourself then spend wisely since you'll have to pay it back.
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
Old 09-02-2008, 06:53 AM   #33
Buddy 1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise
Give me the 40k...will make ya feel 20 again!!!

Crisis over!!

And by make you feel 20 again I mean, we will go out clubbing, I will get drunk, go back to your car, vomit in it and then ring you the next day to tell you that I am now seeing ya best mate!!
Charming :
Old 09-02-2008, 01:17 PM   #34
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy 1
Charming :
Just a hunch, that was the intention.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:04 PM   #35
Buddy 1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351
Just a hunch, that was the intention.
Yes but to even make such a comment makes me Cringe, it was said with such style & class (Not) Oh here while I am at it : a Mug shot of her :P
Old 10-02-2008, 10:14 AM   #36
RepSpec
Formerly XG-Panelvanman

do what ive always wanted to do

fly to las vegas, make sure you have a ticket home already paid for and the rest spent on gambling, booze, hotel and what ever else you want, spend the whole time off your face and gambling

what could be better!

cheers
brendan

BA MK2 Wagon, dedicated LPG, white.

modifications:
cargo barriers, tow bar
Old 11-02-2008, 12:26 AM   #37
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

it doesn't sound like your short on cash or you wouldn't be getting $40,000.

http://www.my105.com.au/classified.asp?id=8132

Thats what i'd buy, they have about 150 odd horsepower which doesn't sound like much but they destroy the latest Ford GT40 around a track and have roughly the same 1/4 mile time so there not lacking in performance.

or

http://www.my105.com.au/classified.asp?id=8102

Formula 3, fair bit quicker, dangerous if you have never raced open wheelers before though

-Mathematicians have found that due to the excessive amount of women Chuck Norris has slept with, it is guaranteed that he appears in your family tree a minimum of three times

-Chuck Norris doesn't sleep. He waits.

-Chuck Norris once worked as a weatherman for the San Diego evening news. Every night he would make the same forecast: Partly Cloudy with a 75% chance of Pain.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:09 AM   #38
gtfpv
GT

theres a catch there . save the 40k for a good lawyer. say to yourself everyday. i wont have a midlife crises. i wont have a midlife crisis. make sure she can hear you.
make it a chant . i wont have a mislife crisis , i wont have a midlife crises, i dont need a 20 year old chick with unsensitive taste buds.
you just might get a better sex life ( with your missus) and while your at it , buy a 20k harley, and save the other 20k for a good lawyer . just incase a catch comes with the 40k.
she might be trading you in , and that's your payout figure. ( just kidding buddy)
good on her for saying that, she's obviously looking after her best interest ( you). make the most of it . and enjoy mate.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:57 AM   #39
mmhmm

take the money, go overseas with a mate, have sex at resorts with diff woman,
get a new wardrobe, get more relaxed spa,s saunas. just try not gambling it all way.
mate even bundjee jump or go sky diving, wattevvvaaa, experiences will last a life time, buying a car yeah it will last but u get more from memories besides u will have contacts to the best hookers in the world with 40 k
Old 11-02-2008, 02:00 AM   #40
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

: ive never had that much to consider just freely spending all at one time so dont ask me

but heres an idea : pay me the $40k to show you (for a whole week !) how cheap side lives

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
Old 11-02-2008, 08:44 AM   #41
cuz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yep I agree with Tribal, get one of these:

Old 11-02-2008, 10:11 AM   #42
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Get yourself an FPV ...That's what I've just done at 45 after 15 years of driving sedate cars and having a young family

Now feel like I'm 22 again when I owned my XA 302 Coupe

Nothing wrong with having a mid life...They say you have at least 2 in a lifetime

Enjoy
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
Old 11-02-2008, 11:56 AM   #43
farmernz

have you asked your wife what she has her eye on- that also costs around 40k?
Old 11-02-2008, 03:30 PM   #44
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmernz
have you asked your wife what she has her eye on- that also costs around 40k?

hahahahaha . very good reply.
Old 11-02-2008, 03:40 PM   #45
conordec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

buy this.....
i would be thinking you could land it here regoed for well under 40k pending on final price.
it's a cruiser, great nic and has the bonus of being a coupe, ford, with a gt badge.. hehehe....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Colle...994165#history

if i knew more, i'd be bidding on it myself right now.

mick.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:12 PM   #46
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

my dad bought a 23ft bayliner brand new, although that was 50k im sure u could get a 21ft for 10k off or whatever, he loves it!

either that or import some huge *** caddy from the US
Old 11-02-2008, 05:50 PM   #47
PHATXR8
PHATXR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FezBoy
I turn the big four-oh in a few months. Aren't I supposed to get myself a Harley or something about now. Then hardly ever ride it. Then fall off it. Then trade it in on a black Jeep Wrangler. Then never take the roof off 'cos it's too windy. Then just give up and get a Camry...

The stable is nice enough at the moment. The Fiesta serves a purpose (battling peak hour twice a day). The Cooper S will get back on the road one day. The missus & ruggies have a Territory AWD Ghia. Maybe I need some more mongrel in there???

The question: The missus says I can have $40k for my 40th. Any suggestions?? Is a mid-life crisis best dealt with via improved personal transport???

Your profile says your date of birth is 5 September 1978, so that means you are going to turn 30 later this year, in which case $40k won't buy you jack S@#t in 10 years time!!!
Old 11-02-2008, 05:56 PM   #48
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHATXR8
Your profile says your date of birth is 5 September 1978, so that means you are going to turn 30 later this year, in which case $40k won't buy you jack S@#t in 10 years time!!!
You checked his profile???
Old 11-02-2008, 06:03 PM   #49
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Spend the $40k on some really good hookers, or $40,000 $1 ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Closed Thread