Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 01-01-2015, 07:05 PM   #1711
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

I must be a bit of a pedant then because I fold and coil the various light strings and nets back up and put them back in their original boxes then pack the whole lot away in old movers boxes stacked in the back of the old cold room down the back block. Problem is, I need another moving box now after the missus raided the stores for more lights, (alot more), on boxing day.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2015, 07:24 PM   #1712
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So I almost cut my little toe in half doing a favour for a friend.....How? I hear you say, well I'm glad you asked.

The vacuum cleaners head (suction powered by a small turbine) was running dry and not sounding good, so out to the shed it goes along with the accessories including the tubular section.

Anyhow, I pulled it all to pieces and greased up the turbine and brush bushes, upon returning said sections to the house I dropped the tube on the floor.

not thinking I simply pulled the glass sliding door closed behind me which then hooked the tube and shot it into my small toe (I was wearing my Italian safety boots at the time, thongs).

What's the moral of the story.....Buggered if I know but by hell it hurts to help friends.

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 02-01-2015, 08:34 PM   #1713
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf View Post
So I almost cut my little toe in half doing a favour for a friend.....How? I hear you say, well I'm glad you asked.

The vacuum cleaners head (suction powered by a small turbine) was running dry and not sounding good, so out to the shed it goes along with the accessories including the tubular section.

Anyhow, I pulled it all to pieces and greased up the turbine and brush bushes, upon returning said sections to the house I dropped the tube on the floor.

not thinking I simply pulled the glass sliding door closed behind me which then hooked the tube and shot it into my small toe (I was wearing my Italian safety boots at the time, thongs).

What's the moral of the story.....Buggered if I know but by hell it hurts to help friends.
Poppa, can you do it again and video it.. Send to the TV station to include on their "Shark Rotator" vacumn cleaner ad that's always playing when I wake up tanked on the couch!
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 02-01-2015, 08:36 PM   #1714
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

"Watch it pick up this bowling ball"....
Stuff that... "Watch it take this twinkee toe off"
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 02-01-2015, 08:57 PM   #1715
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
Poppa, can you do it again and video it.. Send to the TV station to include on their "Shark Rotator" vacumn cleaner ad that's always playing when I wake up tanked on the couch!
couldn't do it again, wouldn't be enough left to stitch.

how come you wake up tanked on the lounge, should be tanked then go to sleep on the lounge.

anyway what the hell is "shark rotator"......surely the surly bloody fish can turn itself around?

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
3 users like this post:
Old 02-01-2015, 09:04 PM   #1716
MR REKLAW
BF XR8 Ute
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf View Post
couldn't do it again, wouldn't be enough left to stitch.

how come you wake up tanked on the lounge, should be tanked then go to sleep on the lounge.

anyway what the hell is "shark rotator"......surely the surly bloody fish can turn itself around?
One of these and i hate seeing the ads for these things,geez i hate them.
2006 BF MKII XR8 Ute,Shockwave Blue.

HERS 2003 LX Focus Sedan,Silver.

Past Rides:- XD Panel Van,XE Panel van,XF Wagon,ED Wagon,BA Fairmont.

Greetings Earthlings.

Last edited by MR REKLAW; 02-01-2015 at 09:06 PM. Reason: further info
MR REKLAW is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2015, 09:41 PM   #1717
Spurious

Not planning on doing any work on the day, put my nice white T-shirt & white shoes on to go to mums.

End up finding some obscure little job to do on my boat, (which lives at mums) & next thing you know I'm in the workshop, I've got the grinder out, then I've painted something, blah blah blah.

Then back home to bleach my shirt & scrub my shoes!

Geez I hate that...stupid thing is, I DO IT ALL THE BLOODY TIME!!!!
Spurious is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2015, 10:38 PM   #1718
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by REKLAW View Post
One of these and i hate seeing the ads for these things,geez i hate them.image
oh! okay, I envisaged some sort of underwater autonomous robot with an arm capable of rotating a shark.....why, I thought, would one want to rotate a shark?

never seen one nor the ad, not a fan of the TV I'm afraid.

Ah! yes the boat.....you know what Boat stands for don't you.... Bring Out Another Thousand......mine certainly is a money pit.

Old 07-01-2015, 11:55 PM   #1719
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

That dirty look you get when you need to make multiple trips to the car with stuff prior to leaving a place you have been visiting and you can see those eyes blaring at you on the first trip to the car and them thinking 'look at that rude %^&*.. leaving without even saying goodbye'....

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2015, 01:50 AM   #1720
Madaya
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Aah, urrgh, removing the drivers side door trim of the Ute, something I've done at least 3 times previous to change the speaker or apply sound deadening and something goes 'pop'

I broke the plastic retainer that holds the cable that runs from the inside pull handle to the door latch.

Checked the wreckers, BA - BF = different. Go to Ford, a 40cm cable = $29.

Turned out that the drivers door was fat with Sound Deadener. I poked a few more bits in there anyhow, if only to justify the effort and the bucks, but at the end of the day - why? I think I was bored.

Still, gives me an excuse to have another play with the Ute
2010 FG XR6 I6 CC Ute, Nitro colour. lsd, sports suspension, Ford 18's fitted with Michelin Primacy 3 ST 245x45x18, MW Quick Shifter, Pacemaker 4500 Extractors, Carbuilders Soundproofing, KPM Street Fighter CAI
Madaya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2015, 11:02 AM   #1721
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madaya View Post
Aah, urrgh, removing the drivers side door trim of the Ute, something I've done at least 3 times previous to change the speaker or apply sound deadening and something goes 'pop'

I broke the plastic retainer that holds the cable that runs from the inside pull handle to the door latch.

Checked the wreckers, BA - BF = different. Go to Ford, a 40cm cable = $29.

Turned out that the drivers door was fat with Sound Deadener. I poked a few more bits in there anyhow, if only to justify the effort and the bucks, but at the end of the day - why? I think I was bored.

Still, gives me an excuse to have another play with the Ute
Don't know if this will be any help in future for the next plastic clip you break, but I get a few (aftermarket) bits from these people...........

http://stores.ebay.com.au/Kingswood-...4.l1581&_pgn=2

http://stores.ebay.com.au/ultracheap...fsub=387397219
Old 13-01-2015, 11:39 AM   #1722
FPV_Steve
Livin Life in the F6 Lane

Not really a "hate", more of a "annoys me" thing.

People who try and sell their 1.6L or 2.0L 4 cylinder engine cars by advertising that is has a "Powerful 2.0L engine" or something similar.

Surely these cars were not built or bought because of their "powerful 2.0 engine"!!

FPV_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 13-01-2015, 01:13 PM   #1723
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

giving up the smokes, is really infuriating me cause everyone thinks "its easy as pie" well l call jack**** on that bloomin statement, and l'm only half way through the day, but no matter how much everyone supports you there is still the conscience going on like a 2y.o who wont stop screaming for a smoke.

GEEZ THIS IS HARD.
Uncle Niceguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 13-01-2015, 01:59 PM   #1724
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.NiceGuy View Post
giving up the smokes, is really infuriating me cause everyone thinks "its easy as pie" well l call jack**** on that bloomin statement, and l'm only half way through the day, but no matter how much everyone supports you there is still the conscience going on like a 2y.o who wont stop screaming for a smoke.

GEEZ THIS IS HARD.
Keep it up mate, your health, family and bank balance will be all the better for it

Yea I know I'm now one of those annoying supportive types

But as the son of a lady whos smoked since she was 16 and is now in her late 60's and looks like a 90year old and is suffering from stage IV lung cancer http://www.cancer.org/cancer/lungcan...survival-rates and is beating the odds (if you check that link you will see the 5 year rate is like 1% and she will tick over 4 years on Friday)

To say this is hard on my sisters and I is an understatement, to say it is harder on our kids is even more so, the only positive I can drag out of this is my dad passed away 4 months before we new shes was sick, and my dad looked after her like a drunk aunty and he wouldn't have handled this well at all (For a 100kg + mechanic he didn't fit the stereo type) but it would have been great for him to be there to support her

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2015, 02:16 PM   #1725
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

One day at a time dude.
I went cold turkey August 22nd 2001 and sometimes still get that desire, but its the best thing I did for myself
Good luck, you know you are doing the right thing, keep it up
ford71V8 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-01-2015, 02:17 PM   #1726
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

your health, family and bank balance will be all the better for it

This is exactly why l'm quitting plus the fact l'll be an uncle soon too (baby due 26/1) and smoking is also holding me back big time physically l'm only 24 and l'd like to hit a good level of fitness soon.
3 users like this post:
Old 13-01-2015, 07:45 PM   #1727
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

People who drive like maniacs in shopping centre car-parks. And pasta that's been over-cooked into mush and no salt was added to the water either.
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2015, 12:59 PM   #1728
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

mmm should always salt the water!

now for my gripe being the nice caring son l am to mum, l've been helping her out ALOT with her final uni research project, witch involves seeing participants sorting video data etc. etc., it shoulda been easy as pie we had everything set up so we can easily cross-reference everything whilst sorting through all the data, well last night l go upto the farm (thats what home is called) to help mum sort through the data collected. DO YOU THINK ANY OF THE data was AUTOMATICALLY SAVING?? well funny you ask that cause just like that we found out that 6 MONTHS OF RESEARCH DATA HAS GONE MISSING!!!! this will force mum into failing and trying again next year...

GOD I HATE THIS!!!!!
Old 18-01-2015, 05:36 PM   #1729
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Ya know what I hate, off roaders who are too stupid, ingnorant or lazy to let their tyres down before venturing into soft sandy coastal areas. It's these knob heads who chew up the tracks and sand dunes by having to hammer through with copious amounts of wheel spin, that causes the corregations and chopped out tracks and the destruction that makes the Parks and Wildlife people lock up all the good, fun places we used to be able to venture into to fish and to just enjoy.

Anyone going into any national park 4x4'ing should have to fill out and answer a few basic questions on how to drive in the conditions and prove they have the correct equipment for the job before being let loose, to help reduce the destruction of these places due to stupidity.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

2 users like this post:
Old 18-01-2015, 06:44 PM   #1730
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
People who drive like maniacs in shopping centre car-parks. And pasta that's been over-cooked into mush and no salt was added to the water either.
Oh the humanity! Surely this can't really happen...
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 18-01-2015, 07:21 PM   #1731
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bushy, you been out on the Coffin sand dunes lately ...wasnt me.
Old 18-01-2015, 07:41 PM   #1732
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

no Tonz, I was down at Wanna.

MINE- AUII Forte

Old 18-01-2015, 08:13 PM   #1733
damo76
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

GEEZ THIS IS HARD.
Took me about 3 attempts and trying different methods but one day did it and never looked back, 3 years now.
All the best you'll do it.
damo76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 19-01-2015, 09:16 AM   #1734
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post
Oh the humanity! Surely this can't really happen...
Gee sorry Herbert Morrison, wont happen again....lol
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2015, 10:23 AM   #1735
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo76 View Post
Took me about 3 attempts and trying different methods but one day did it and never looked back, 3 years now.
All the best you'll do it.
I gave up August 1997! Cold turkey...
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2015, 01:20 PM   #1736
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

When people want me to do something for them, which I do, to only be told less than 24 hours later no I didn't want that to happen, I wanted this.

FFS sit down for 5 minutes and think about what you want done before you send it to me.
Old 21-01-2015, 09:53 AM   #1737
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

two tough choices to make, you love both equally both have pro's & con's and both will be life altering, its cases like this that l can't stand and l only have a fortnight to decide. As good as this situation is l goddamn hate being in these situations and even the family is divided on what l should do. 4 year cadet ship with part time associate degree study or do support work for a 24y.o with Cerebral Palsy, and join the navy in december.

GEEZ THIS IS FRUSTRATING.

Last edited by Uncle Niceguy; 21-01-2015 at 09:57 AM. Reason: making more indepth.
Old 21-01-2015, 12:45 PM   #1738
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
two tough choices to make, you love both equally both have pro's & con's and both will be life altering, its cases like this that l can't stand and l only have a fortnight to decide. As good as this situation is l goddamn hate being in these situations and even the family is divided on what l should do. 4 year cadet ship with part time associate degree study or do support work for a 24y.o with Cerebral Palsy, and join the navy in december.

GEEZ THIS IS FRUSTRATING.

cadetship with study, no contest......support work is simply drudgery and slave labour with no light at the end of the tunnel ( my wife and I work in this field, have done for 30 years)......the system is badly broken at the moment and no likelihood of an "enlightened" future.

oh! I also have a 31 year old son who happened to be born with cerebral palsy, I am his carer as well as I run my own business, I also have many advisory roles in the sector and am "mentor" to parents/carers who are starting out with no idea or have come to the end of their leash.....this field is a cruel and unforgiving mistress who chews up and spits out people on a daily basis.

my advice, which is probably useless but stay away from the disability sector, it is badly broken and a hard slog with little reward and little future for the workers and carers.

go the path of study with a golden future.

Old 21-01-2015, 03:34 PM   #1739
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

see that's the thing poppa but if l do the support work it'll be for max 1 1/2 years and then its defence force for me. I had the interview for the support worker role this morning and will find something out on friday, on the cadet ship front well l wont find out about that till february 20 at the latest, and l've gotta beat 80 other people if l'm gonna work there start of march, and thats a major drawback as l have something like a 1.75% chance of getting the role whereas l have a 50% chance at this support worker role. I guess l'll have to wait and see what cards come out of the deck, so good yet so frustrating.
Old 21-01-2015, 05:12 PM   #1740
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if you have the relevant qualifications for the disability support system, certificate 3 in disability or aged, I could get you a start this afternoon.

the system is screaming out for workers, why aren't more staying or applying? I hear you ask, because it is a "wearing" job, often thankless and heartbreaking,......some say rewarding but I find "never ending" is a more appropriate description.

all I will say is you are a lucky, young, healthy, fit lad......dont throw your life away in a dead end position filled with little to no chance of promotion.

forget the support and focus on the better opportunity...go education, then a well paying job in a "well thought out" field.

want some advice from an old fart who's "been there, done that, got the tee shirt".......you only go through life once.......if you're damn lucky and catch a few breaks you may just enjoy the experience.

if not.....well, you're alive a hell of a long time to regret past decisions made in haste........I got me a bag full of them.

anyhow! that's all I got to say on the matter......as was told to me once by an old bloke......you choose the path, you do the walking.