Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 27-10-2022, 11:55 AM   #4711
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 
Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

I mostly suffer down here when we have a wind with a northerly component to it (I assume it brings in the crop grass pollens). The one advantage with having a low pressure system sit off our east coast is that the the easterly flow doesn't cause me any grief (with hay fever, flooding is a whole different issue!).

Touch wood, so far this season I haven't even had to take a tablet. Altho I have had the odd occasion where I've had an itchy nose and roof of the mouth.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 27-10-2022, 12:15 PM   #4712
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I have a couple of different active ingredient antihistamines here, both work and have similar side-effects. Took Claratyne around six and not going up a ladder for a while yet, nor driving. Nearly every task on the list today is either on a ladder, with power tools, or a combination.

Have noticed a lot of blooms out, definitely pollen is up. Some of the more confused plants that flowered ten weeks ago are having another crack.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 27-10-2022, 01:59 PM   #4713
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

changing topic slightly Snoring.... I was recently put onto Flixonase nasal spray. Dont ask me how or why it works where other brands that I have tried do not, but I sleep soundly, never wake up gasping for breath and wifey still loves me in the morning.

Now if only I could get her and the bloody dog to use it as well.
Old 28-10-2022, 03:17 PM   #4714
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

And....right on cue, I wake up in the night from scratching the roof of my mouth with my tongue. Get up this morning to see the wind has shifted direction and is now coming from the northwest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4 users like this post:
Old 29-10-2022, 02:11 PM   #4715
xkxlxm
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would nearly bring back the stocks for the public humiliation of litterers.
xkxlxm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2022, 04:31 PM   #4716
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Been bashing away inside most of today on my laundry reno, walk outside and a bird soils me right on the head.
2 users like this post:
Old 30-10-2022, 04:45 PM   #4717
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Been bashing away inside most of today on my laundry reno, walk outside and a bird soils me right on the head.
Isnt that supposed to be good luck? Or is that saying just to make you feel better about being shat on?
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2022, 04:49 PM   #4718
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkxlxm View Post
I would nearly bring back the stocks for the public humiliation of litterers.
Don’t know about litterers,but,these f%=+#$ that go around looting flood and fire victims should be automatically shot on sight,no questions,just bang.
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 30-10-2022, 05:04 PM   #4719
Kicking back

So my mate bought a piece of ply to modify his rabbit hutch. He ran his idea past me. I had no inputs as it wasnt a bad plan. Then it went down hill. First wasnt too bad. Can he borrow a pencil. Yes. Then it came to measuring. So my fat max, he second guessed his measurements, then questioned mine. So i let him check mine. No its not measure twice, its get it right the first time everytime.
So i marked the ply, 440 one side, 550 the other and just for fun said cut that. Sure enough, dumb looks ensued. So i got my set square out then a straight edge and marked it up and said cut it out sunshine. Next question is as to be assumed, my mate asks to borrow my jigsaw. Personally i would have just used my circ saw, but anyrate. So my mate did a reasonable job with the jiggy. Its for a rabbit hutch so no need to break out the sander to be 1000%. Then there was the triangle bit to cut. Nothing mathematical, just a 45. For fun i let me mate think and sweat on it for a minute. That was entertaining. Set squares do 45s too.
This user likes this post:
Old 31-10-2022, 06:51 AM   #4720
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:.
Isnt that supposed to be good luck? Or is that saying just to make you feel better about being shat on?
It’s got to be just a saying, there is nothing lucky about a bird dumping on your head. “Lucky” is finding a dozen cinnamon donuts in Woolies, still warm and marked down to 89¢, which isn’t going to happen when you’re covered in brick dust and bird poo.
3 users like this post:
Old 31-10-2022, 06:56 PM   #4721
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Have I mentioned before that I detest laziness?

A package I had been waiting 52 days to arrive turned up today. The only notification I received was an email from StarTrack advising me that the package was to be collected at my local LPO.

That would be fine if there was no one home to sign for the item, but there was someone home ALL DAY. Nor was there a card left. Clearly there was no attempt to deliver the package, the driver opting to just dump his run at the LPO instead.

Completely lazy, unethical and unprofessional. I bet the driver was still paid for this delivery.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2022, 07:50 PM   #4722
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post

A package I had been waiting 52 days to arrive turned up today. The only notification I received was an email from StarTrack advising me that the package was to be collected at my local LPO.

That would be fine if there was no one home to sign for the item, but there was someone home ALL DAY. Nor was there a card left. Clearly there was no attempt to deliver the package, the driver opting to just dump his run at the LPO instead.

Completely lazy, unethical and unprofessional. I bet the driver was still paid for this delivery.
I have a similiar experience.was expecting a package,so kept watch at the front gate.Star track van pulled up,driver got out and put a card in the mailbox.Card says cannot deliver.no one home to sign,pickup parcel at P.O.Lazy bastard.Filled in an Ozpost survey and said about the non delivery,but never heard back even though I did tick the ph no box
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 31-10-2022, 08:07 PM   #4723
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
I have a similiar experience.was expecting a package,so kept watch at the front gate.Star track van pulled up,driver got out and put a card in the mailbox.Card says cannot deliver.no one home to sign,pickup parcel at P.O.Lazy bastard.Filled in an Ozpost survey and said about the non delivery,but never heard back even though I did tick the ph no box
I have had this happen a few times now.

Once, a driver didn't bother to leave a card and the item was only minutes away from being sent back to the sender because I apparently didn't bother to go and pick it up within the 14 day period. I didn't pick it up because I was not notified that I should have done so. Also, I paid a fee for the item to be delivered to my residence. The lady at the post office gave me a bit of attitude about it, I returned serve stating how was I expected to know it was here when the lazy delivery driver didn't bother to do his job, or even leave a card.

If I pay for something to be done, then I expect the person to do their bloody job. In these cases, they are being paid to do a job and are just doing the bare minimum to collect their pay cheque.
Mustang GT

2 users like this post:
Old 31-10-2022, 08:10 PM   #4724
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

And while I am in the mood for ranting, why am I expected to hand out lollies and chocolates to little children wandering the streets unsupervised? Why am I expected to partake in an American tradition that has nothing to do with Australian culture? And if I refuse, suddenly I am the biggest arseho.e in the world.
Mustang GT

Old 31-10-2022, 08:26 PM   #4725
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
And while I am in the mood for ranting, why am I expected to hand out lollies and chocolates to little children wandering the streets unsupervised? Why am I expected to partake in an American tradition that has nothing to do with Australian culture? And if I refuse, suddenly I am the biggest arseho.e in the world.
Simple don't answer the door as I don't. The kids in my area will only go to houses that are decorated in Halloween merchandise.
Cheers
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 01-11-2022, 02:39 PM   #4726
xkxlxm
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Have to wonder just how many plastic sweets wrappers are strewn around the streets of Australia this morning. Don't parents teach their children anything about littering? I guess not; the parents wouldn't give a *#@%, either.
xkxlxm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2022, 05:20 PM   #4727
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Surprised we are not celebrating "Thanksgiving" yet.

And on the Geez I hate that.....stupidly splitting an old faithful 32mm Toledo socket trying to crack an over tighten wheel nut loose.
Then needing to go out and buy 500 bucks worth of long impact socket sets both metric and imperial suitable for truck use.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 02-11-2022, 11:55 AM   #4728
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Looming humanitarian catastrophe. Will the replacement order of peanut butter arrive in time?
#bottomofthebarrel #sustenance #nothingadded
Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Surprised we are not celebrating "Thanksgiving" yet.
Give it a few years. Subcontinentals will be at the forefront of its embracing, along with those who passionately promote American politics as though it’s the governing body here.
Old 02-11-2022, 08:13 PM   #4729
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Looming humanitarian catastrophe. Will the replacement order of peanut butter arrive in time?
#bottomofthebarrel #sustenance #nothingadded
Give it a few years. Subcontinentals will be at the forefront of its embracing, along with those who passionately promote American politics as though it’s the governing body here.
Cutting it a bit close there!
Mustang GT

Old 02-11-2022, 08:15 PM   #4730
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:

And the morons left as URGENT REMINDER note for this package today. You couldn't make this stuff up. Useless idiots.
Mustang GT

3 users like this post:
Old 02-11-2022, 10:24 PM   #4731
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

That happens here in the bush all the time. I have a 30km round trip to the Post Office for anything except a straight letter.
52 days! I've only been waiting 37 so I think I'll just shut up.
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2022, 08:53 PM   #4732
tbro4123

Seems that couriers are the same everywhere.

I ran a workshop for 3 bus companies and all the QLD work was done at my workshop on Bribie Island.

I would order parts from non dealership suppliers in Brissy and it could take up to 4 days to arrive at the shop.
Now that might be ok with your average joe but when you have 2 wheelchair NDIS buses offroad waiting on parts and no way to use a non wheelchair bus it got to be a real PITA.

Seems that our local Couriers Please wouldn't come over to the island unless they had at least 5 parcels.

One phone call to their office cured that problem very quickly and lo and behold a new courier appeared everyday.

The really annoying part, diff needed for a route bus, Mercedes didn't have one in Aussie, told at least 1 month to get a diff.
One phone call to Melbourne HQ and told to expect a return call later. Since it was Friday arvo I didn't expect anything to at least Monday maybe Tuesday.
10 o'clock Friday night my phone rang (sh*t breakdown) nope Merc parts man. Good news, diff on it way from Germany, sorry we didn't have one here but we will have it here Sunday arvo and it will leave Melbourne Monday night to get to you Tuesday. Fitted Tuesday and back on the road.

Seems if you know the right people to talk to anything is possible. (Yes we did have a lot of Mercs in Vic and Qld ) and thats why!

Terry aka Tbro
tbro4123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 04-11-2022, 08:54 PM   #4733
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Realizing on our last night in our van, the bed cushions could have a different configuration so my side didn't turn into the grande canyon by morning, "Duh" on my part....
five 7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 05-11-2022, 05:46 PM   #4734
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

There's a house in my estate bring built that is up to having the roofing installed. Saw a tradie there the other day on the roof frame without any fall prevention/protection. Thought about saying something, but didn't. Went past Thursday night and the same tradie was there, but this time he had a young (I assume) apprentice with him. Scaff planks around the edges to access gutters but both tradies in the roof frame again with no fall prevention/protection. Thought about saying something, especially given the young fella was learning bad habits. But didn't.

Went past this morning on my run and about 4 or 5 of them installing the roofing sheets, 3 or 4 of them on the roof, no fall prevention/protection, including the young fella again. Thought about saying something. Didn't.

Went past this arvo on a walk with my mum and told her the story before getting to the house. Get to the house to find the roofs all done but there's someone there sweeping down the roof, no fall prevention/protection. Decided I'd walked past too many times to not say anything this time. It was eating me up. Asked the guy if he should be up there without fall prevention/protection. He says nah, don't need it at this height. I say, yeah pretty sure anything above 2 meters requires it. He says, not sure about that. I don't know really. I tell him not to get caught coz he could get fined. Most importantly, given you're standing on the clean roof sheeting less that a foot away from the edge of the roof, please don't fall and injure yourself. I'd hate for you to break your neck. I'll take care, he says.

Think I'll give worksafe a call on Monday. I'm not interested in getting them in trouble, I just don't want to see anyone get hurt.

I should have said something the first day I saw it .

The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5 users like this post:
Old 07-11-2022, 11:23 PM   #4735
Kicking back

Customer service. So my kid has built a pc tower. Thats fine, all the bits in it are from a place near by. Yeah ordered over the intewebs but anyrate, the boy said what he wanted and myself not being all over computer stuff, id send an enquiry email to ask if this works with that. They were really good about that.
So, my kid wants to fully populate his pc case with cooling fans. It already has 3, dunno why you need 7, a split system ac unit will do the same job and use less power then a pc thats an ac unit effectively.
So last week i ordered the kid the other 4 fans. Got a reiceipt, but other then that, nothing.
Sent a polite email asking about order xyz123 today. No polite response, just a tracking number.
So they stuffed up. We all do that at times, but atleast admit to it. They forgot an order and didnt action it untill prodded. I would have been happy with any reply. Just a tracking number? Thats weak. A weak excuse is less weak. Blame suppliers or something.
Old 25-11-2022, 08:15 PM   #4736
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Being manipulated. Mycar has 50% off pirelli tyres for Black Friday, great I think, need a set for the jazz, go on their website, which now redirects to a queue of which there are 4000 people in front of me. All because BlAcK FrIdAy and FoMo. Let me tell you something mycar, it’s the fkn internet, there is no queue tossers!

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 27-11-2022, 06:43 PM   #4737
roKWiz
Cabover nut

The overuse of the term "Virtue signalling" on this forum.

2 users like this post:
Old 27-11-2022, 07:13 PM   #4738
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

People with no sense of humour...
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2022, 06:27 PM   #4739
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Jumped in the car after finishing work today, and the ICC screen stayed blank for about 5 seconds after the engine started. Knew I was in trouble. Then this happened:

Odd thing was that I had no noticeable power issues. Car started fine, no sign of battery dramas.

All buttons seem to work except the on / off so guess I'll have to survive with some form of entertainment going.

Also interesting to note that this display stayed on even after the car was turned off and locked. With nothing to lose, I've now disconnected the battery whilst I go for a run, hoping that, at least, the screen clears so its not draining the battery whilst the cars not running. Might have a trip to melb on Monday to get it swapped over.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 30-11-2022, 06:38 PM   #4740
roKWiz
Cabover nut

That's a bummer, hope you can get it fixed.