Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 30-11-2014, 12:19 PM   #1621
56L
a.k.a PAULY

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

man it really sucks when you get Eyedrops mixed up with the small Tinderm bottle ,it hurts and it must not be good for the eyes
1947 ford thames tipper V8 21 stud flat head
1939 ford beer barrel truck V8 24 stud flat head
HZJ diesel ute
HJ47 diesel ute
56L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 30-11-2014, 12:44 PM   #1622
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I could never stand the suspense of the "hanging drop" dangling from the eye bottle, waiting for it to fall into my eye.

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 30-11-2014, 01:04 PM   #1623
Ross 1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Muppets that yell abuse if you don't want to drag from every set of lights or yell abuse if you beat them from a set of lights. On paper your too fast too furious turbo import will wipe the floor with my 9 year old territory. Heres a hint, learn how to drive a manual, if your in 5th gear by 55, its go no where left to go! Think I will avoid driving in the city during the silly season.
Ross 1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2014, 01:21 PM   #1624
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercurySilver View Post
dumb asses who cant read road signs
we have a small country school near us
it drops from 100 kmh down to 80 near the school
then in front of the school there is a 60kmh sign and underneath this 60kmh sign it says
"between 8AM-9AM AND 3-4PM SCHOOLDAYS"

so im cruising to the local shop and of course dumbass non locals see 60 and panic, slowing down to around 55
its an 80 zone, its 10.30 am on a friggin saturday
so you end up creeping up their *** because youre doing the correct speed limit of 80
they give you the finger wave in the mirror and all the usual ****
you pull up at the end of hte road they are turn right you are turning left windows are down
you get the filthy look and the usual dribble about tailgating
so i ask
'whats the speed limit past the school?'
60 ******** whats with the tailgating
********?..well listening here ****head maybe you should read the road signs
(promptly explained the sign)
oh i didnt see that
yeah thats right, youre abusing me when its you thats not able to read basic roadsigns properly. you just saw 60 and thats was it, you didnt READ what it said underneath

no apology
no thanks .....nothimg

happens at least once a week
We have the same thing, theres a small primary school opposite Clarkefield (which is a town with a main street containing a pub, a train station and a 90s Ford wrecker, thats it).

100km/h road, goes to 60 during school hours, except we've got it figured out, LED 60km/h sign comes on and flashes during school hours, problem solved
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2014, 03:05 PM   #1625
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56L View Post
man it really sucks when you get Eyedrops mixed up with the small Tinderm bottle ,it hurts and it must not be good for the eyes

Reminds me of yesterday morning.
My wife gets out the suncreen for our boy while he's out there in the sun playing cricket. She offers it to another lady and her kids.
Few minutes later she queries what brand the sunscreen is.
Its Cancer Council screen 50+
This lady says Well I'lll be making sure to stay away from that one. I've just rubbed my eyes and they are stinging, must have been that sunscreen.
Maybe don't put the stuff in your eyes?!
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 30-11-2014, 03:20 PM   #1626
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
Reminds me of yesterday morning.
My wife gets out the suncreen for our boy while he's out there in the sun playing cricket. She offers it to another lady and her kids.
Few minutes later she queries what brand the sunscreen is.
Its Cancer Council screen 50+
This lady says Well I'lll be making sure to stay away from that one. I've just rubbed my eyes and they are stinging, must have been that sunscreen.
Maybe don't put the stuff in your eyes?!

tag on a barbecue at Bunnings yesterday......

"caution surface may be hot"!!!!!

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
2 users like this post:
Old 30-11-2014, 04:17 PM   #1627
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Don't you hate it when you cook the tea for the family , you have given the pan you cooked the snags in a liberal spray with the no name cooking spray in the yellow can .............. a bit later after tea you wander out to the kitchen to grab a cold one, then you notice the yellow can of ironing spray next to the cooking spray........ don't you hate that ???
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2014, 04:59 PM   #1628
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56L View Post
About 6 years ago I had to sort out a whole lot of safety data sheets for some products our company offered at the time. We used an external service provider to manage them all, as they also had a manned 24 hour help line (in Australia too!)

As I was the contact for our company, I would get an email update whenever anyone enquired about an MSDS or hazard response for any of our products - good, bad or indifferent.

Once such email noted that a person had put drops of cyanoacrylate adhesive (basically super glue) in his eye, mistaking the bottle for the eye-drops, as he kept both in the fridge.

I bet he never made that mistake again.

BTW - he made a full recovery, after visiting hospital, and having small chunks of glue removed over the following days.
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 30-11-2014, 06:59 PM   #1629
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Posted this on Coles facebook page

G'day Coles, i noticed Chorizo on special last night at Coles Manuka. I thought to myself, "yew beauty my Fiancé can whip up a frittata, and then i can have some leftovers for work, that will raise moral". You could imagine my excitement when i got home, "babe i got a bargain from Coles and you get to cook dinner tonight".

I grabbed a beer from the fridge and plonked myself on the deck overlooking Lake Burly Griffin, moral was high, the birds were chirping the baby signets were floundering around enjoying the sunshine, and i was having Frittata for dinner.

You could imagine my disappointment when my Fiancé called me into the kitchen. Unfortunately for me they resembled dried up pieces of dog faeces, instead of wet, they should look like wet dog faeces. So now i get to have vegetarian frittata for dinner instead of the meaty chorizo goodness i was so looking forward to.

Thanks for nothing Coles
fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 30-11-2014, 08:06 PM   #1630
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic View Post

G'day Coles, i noticed Chorizo on special last night at Coles Manuka. I thought to myself, "yew beauty my Fiancé can whip up a frittata, and then i can have some leftovers for work, that will raise moral". You could imagine my excitement when i got home, "babe i got a bargain from Coles and you get to cook dinner tonight".

I grabbed a beer from the fridge and plonked myself on the deck overlooking Lake Burly Griffin, moral was high, the birds were chirping the baby signets were floundering around enjoying the sunshine, and i was having Frittata for dinner.

You could imagine my disappointment when my Fiancé called me into the kitchen. Unfortunately for me they resembled dried up pieces of dog faeces, instead of wet, they should look like wet dog faeces. So now i get to have vegetarian frittata for dinner instead of the meaty chorizo goodness i was so looking forward to.

Thanks for nothing Coles
Everything from Coles and Safeway is junk, "fresh food people" my fat hairy anus.

Their fruit tastes like nothing, its probably been picked green, sprayed with some crap, and been in the fridge since like 1992 or something and thats the good stuff.

The regular stuff comes with extra flavouring, which is green and hairy looking and wins you a free weekend stay at Sunshine's premier accomodation the Sunshine Hospital and you get to sample their fine cusine at no extra cost.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 30-11-2014 at 08:11 PM.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 01-12-2014, 07:50 AM   #1631
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik View Post
Don't you hate it when you cook the tea for the family , you have given the pan you cooked the snags in a liberal spray with the no name cooking spray in the yellow can .............. a bit later after tea you wander out to the kitchen to grab a cold one, then you notice the yellow can of ironing spray next to the cooking spray........ don't you hate that ???
One way to stifen the sausage!
(Shoulda gone to specsavers eh?)
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 01-12-2014, 09:39 AM   #1632
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic View Post

Thanks for nothing Coles
Yep, those on special chorizo's from Coles were a bit underwhelming (tasteless) for sure even though the ones we purchased looked kinda fresh, kransky's work way better for frittata's imo!

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 01-12-2014, 03:24 PM   #1633
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
One way to stifen the sausage!
(Shoulda gone to specsavers eh?)
yeah the old peepers arent what they used to be .
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2014, 12:20 AM   #1634
Spurious

Went into my mums bathroom to wash my hands.

A couple squirts of handwash from the bottle, under the water, rub rub....man this stuff is greasy...mmm

Mentioned it to mum...mmm....I'd used moisturizer!!!
Spurious is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2014, 12:31 AM   #1635
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Had a small cut on my hand and went to cabinet to get disinfectant. Ended up pouring vinegar over it by mistake - what a sting!

Cheers Vincenzo

"WRC is for boys, Group B was for men" - Juha Kankkunen 4 times World Rally Champion

Romanes Eunt Domus - 'people called Romanes they go the house' - You mean Romani Ite Domum

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vincenzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 04-12-2014, 12:36 AM   #1636
Spurious

SO.....MY NEXT BRIGHT IDEA...

Thinks to myself, I should go to the local tip shop (resource recovery centre) & find something I can buy cheap & flip it to the local 2'nd hand shop.

You know, & make a few bucks.

Gets there, looks around the yard, finds an intact 25cc ROK arborist chainsaw..... it looks near new & IT RUNS!!!!!

I walk back into the building & who's being served at the counter & says g'day to me.....the bloke who owns the second hand shop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FYI, the chainsaw's now for sale on Gumtree Tas. LOL
(see vid link below pics for demo)

http://vid1334.photobucket.com/album...pstzr1yhvg.mp4
3 users like this post:
Old 04-12-2014, 12:41 AM   #1637
Spurious

Actually that story is far to darn funny to say "I Hate That" !!!
Old 04-12-2014, 12:42 AM   #1638
Spurious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
Had a small cut on my hand and went to cabinet to get disinfectant. Ended up pouring vinegar over it by mistake - what a sting!

Cheers Vincenzo
ROTF....LOL....Nice
Old 04-12-2014, 11:23 AM   #1639
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post

Cheers Vincenzo
reminds me of the feller, who was in in bed in an "amorous" embrace with his darling wife, reached for the vaseline, only to find to his detriment, after apply said ointment, that it was the vick's instead!!!!!

7 users like this post:
Old 06-12-2014, 11:33 AM   #1640
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

those little spoony things on the bottom of drinking straws supplied with a drink that you get from Hungry Jacks or Macdonalds......takes me ages to chew or rip them off.

2 users like this post:
Old 09-12-2014, 06:54 PM   #1641
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Hooking my 2nd pair of glasses over my collar when not being used only to retrieve them and yank out a few hairs from my chest that got jammed in the hinge. Hate it!

Happens on a daily basis! Surprised I don't have a little bald patch there :-)

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2014, 07:18 PM   #1642
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
you'll just have to try a little harder

Cheers Vincenzo

"WRC is for boys, Group B was for men" - Juha Kankkunen 4 times World Rally Champion

Romanes Eunt Domus - 'people called Romanes they go the house' - You mean Romani Ite Domum

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vincenzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2014, 08:07 PM   #1643
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 

Quote:
Hooking my 2nd pair of glasses over my collar when not being used only to retrieve them and yank out a few hairs from my chest that got jammed in the hinge. Hate it!

Chest wax? I've only got "bumfluff" on mine.

Cheers!

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2014, 08:11 PM   #1644
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by supershifty View Post
Chest wax? I've only got "bumfluff" on mine.

Cheers!
I grow my own clothing.... not my fault mum married a Neanderthal!

2 users like this post:
Old 11-12-2014, 01:09 PM   #1645
Kable72
Parts Interpreter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
What is it with Computer games these days?

A while ago I bought Sid Meier's Civilization (The Complete Edition) from EB games.

When you load it onto the PC, and every time you want to play the game, you need to login to Steam!

it's my game, it's my Computer and I bought it in a Bricks and Mortar shop, so why do I need this bloody Steam engine!
Might be a bit late but have a look at the steam store. Save yourself a fortune compared to buying them from a store. Careful, though, there is a reason why the internet is full of GabeN taking your money .gifs
Old 11-12-2014, 01:54 PM   #1646
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

when the wireless mouse stops working because the batteries are apparently flat
ive been taking out said batteries and putting them back in for a month now and its still going

i kinda hate that
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2014, 09:19 PM   #1647
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

People who fill the Kettle all the way up to the top just to make one cup of coffee.

Last edited by CoupeKing; 11-12-2014 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Sped
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 12-12-2014, 02:02 PM   #1648
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
People who fill the Kettle all the way up to the top just to make one cup of coffee.
Or the flip side... people who work in an office of 10 or 12 and put exactly 250ml of water in the kettle when they find it empty.....

What about people at work who never reply to email. Infuriates me, especially when you know they are sitting in front of a computer with their inbox open in front of them....

2 users like this post:
Old 12-12-2014, 04:24 PM   #1649
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 
Thumbs up Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
I hear ya!

In my defence, I do fill the jug to the top and boil it to make one cup of tea in the morning. The rest of it gets poured in the sink to wash my breakfast dishes.

Logical and practical.

Cheers!

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2014, 04:30 PM   #1650
Simple6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Tech article on rear bushes. 

Quote:
What about people at work who never reply to email. Infuriates me, especially when you know they are sitting in front of a computer with their inbox open in front of them....
Or the people who tell me that they received an email from somebody asking something, but because they didn't know what they were talking about or didn't know how to do the thing they asked - they just delete the email!?

Then they tell me that that person has emailed them 3 times now, but they just delete the email each time.

WTF? How hard is it to reply and ask for more information or instructions? Or at least let the person know so they're not waiting on a reply that'll never come..

No courtesy.