Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 17-08-2007, 09:59 PM   #1
wadesc
Starter Motor

Default Buying new Focus XR5 Turbo

Howdy

I'm new here so be nice :P
I currently have a mazda 3 sp23 luxury and am thinkin of changin over to a focus xr5 turbo with recaro leather extra ;)

Just a couple of questions - I want to make sure i'm not buyin a cr@p car and before the dealer gives their speil:

1) What sort of price with onroads should I expect to pay (i'm hoping under 40) with the leather and metallic paint? (Live in Qld, Suncoast)
2) What colour do you think is better in these, silver or black. Friends want me to go the black as i'm going to be advertisin my business on the rear window as a business vehicle and my business colour is black. I fear black being hot and hard to keep clean. Silver IMO looks hot.
3) Does anyone make custom floor mats for these that look good. The standard 'focus' ones are well, looking at the website, very ordinary.
4) Anyone know how much servicing usually costs for 20k, 40k etc.
5) Anything else i should know? I believe the current model has cruise which wasnt on the previous? Does anyone know of a good salesman / dealer. Happy to go to Brisbane if it means a better deal or service.

wadesc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2007, 10:13 PM   #2
freak6
superlow

my sis has a 06 xr5turbo they are great cars. my sis has a silver one with the leather and they have heated front seats.
the leather is a four seater.
they are about $43000 with onroad but you can always hagle them down. my sis payed $41000 from the show room.
the 07 has no rear power windows so thats a bit of a turn off.
i say go for it get one there a great ride and there isnt 50000 of them around and there wont be.
freak6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2007, 10:16 PM   #3
wadesc
Starter Motor

[QUOTE=freak6]
the 07 has no rear power windows so thats a bit of a turn off.
QUOTE]

Are you for real - get out?????
Old 17-08-2007, 10:22 PM   #4
freak6
superlow

serious its preety stupid hey...
try and get your hands on a 06 model.
Old 17-08-2007, 10:26 PM   #5
photn
AFF Post NAZI

they all have Rear power windows. Wadec there was a problem at the factory with the rear power windows. its been solved now.

Also. if ou get silver it will be EXTREMEMLY hard to sell when getting the next car. unless you sell at ridiculously low price.

IMO get the black. if you get black standard you can get it for about 39 without leather delivered. you will def be over 40 with the leather.

Servicing is usual about 3-5 hundred. not sure on the Cruise. as i heard there beeing a problem with the ESP.

best head on over to www.fordxr5turbo.com and join there. they know a whole lot more. and there is about 1000 members.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2007, 10:33 PM   #6
freak6
superlow

mate i spoke with the bloke we bought my sisters car from and he said they still havnt made an 07 with power windows so i dont no what your on about.
the black is nice but you will need to keep it garaged for the paint to stay good.
the silver is a really smart looking car and it will be worth plenty. the orange seems to be a favorite colour for them but i cant see that colour holding it value as its more common.
Old 17-08-2007, 10:42 PM   #7
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Quote:
Originally Posted by freak6
......so i dont no what your on about.

You're a friendly p#### arent you?

And your sister would have got a rebate for no power windows, because it wasn't planned to have no power windows, it was a stuff up in the ordering process apparently. So Ford gave a rebate on the 07 models

If you didn't get the rebate, then maybe the dealer didn't pass it on to you..........or is he the bloke that tells you they still haven't made power windows yet??
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

Last edited by SpoolMan; 18-08-2007 at 12:35 AM. Reason: swear filter
melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2007, 10:50 PM   #8
wadesc
Starter Motor

Cmon now, so there is power windows, i'll ask the guys over at xr5turbo forums. Thanks for the link i didn't know about that one.
Old 17-08-2007, 10:59 PM   #9
freak6
superlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbzetec
You're a friendly prikk arent you?

And your sister would have got a rebate for no power windows, because it wasn't planned to have no power windows, it was a stuff up in the ordering process apparently. So Ford gave a rebate on the 07 models

If you didn't get the rebate, then maybe the dealer didn't pass it on to you..........or is he the bloke that tells you they still haven't made power windows yet??
lol where did that come from go back in your box.
my sis has an 06 model so she has power windows which i said. read the post before making stupid comments.
from what iv heard the 07 still has no power windows (the ones in oz now)
i also no it was a stuff up and under stand all that. do you own one???
or no anyone who owns one???
Old 17-08-2007, 11:23 PM   #10
melbzetec

1. The word is "know" not "no"
2. I've forgotten more about Focus's than you've ever known.

What I was having a go at, was the way you waltz onto a section of the forums you have rarely, if ever visited, and start being bolshie with your "what are you on about" attitude with a mate of mine, who was simply trying to help.

And subsequently, he was shown to be correct.

We're all pretty friendly and supportive round here, so take your attitude back to the EL section, or wherever you crawled from
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.

Old 18-08-2007, 12:08 AM   #11
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
mate i spoke with the bloke we bought my sisters car from and he said they still havnt made an 07 with power windows so i dont no what your on about.
the black is nice but you will need to keep it garaged for the paint to stay good.
the silver is a really smart looking car and it will be worth plenty. the orange seems to be a favorite colour for them but i cant see that colour holding it value as its more common.
okay firstly. There ARE 07's with Power windows, the reason you dont know what im on about is because your information sources are very limited, fair enough. not your fault.

Secondly, You do NOT have to keep the car in a garage for the paint to stay good. im not sure what paint you have dealt with but the Paint on the XR5T has a protective layer, which actually repells water. How do i know? i have about 10 Friends with XR5T's. i have washed numerous of them.

Thirdly, if you look at current market trends, silver is the worse car to buy because of its un-uniqueness. they look to much like the standard focus, which is why no one buys them, but others buy them for that reason as well. Orange WILL hold its value because its seen as a comodity. there isnt enough XR5T's out there to make Orange less value. if anything they will be worth more.

And it would be appreciative if you kept your smart @ss comments to yourself and showed some level of maturity if you have any or not!.

Also, i sujest that you take a course in english literature, and learn how to speak,type and write english properly. And not TEXT talk. Yes i know my post has some misspellings, but at least you can understand what im trying to say!

And wadesc, the XR5T gang are pretty good. if you have any questions send me a PM and i can ask my mates.

hope you enjoy the site.

Last edited by photn; 18-08-2007 at 12:16 AM.
Old 18-08-2007, 12:36 AM   #12
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Guy's we wont tolerate personal insults they don't enhance a thread in anyway .... if this becomes a habit you may end up with a holiday.

Concentrate on quality not quantity..

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW

Last edited by SpoolMan; 18-08-2007 at 12:42 AM.
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2007, 01:58 AM   #13
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Electric Orange + Leather = Win
Piotr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2007, 02:37 AM   #14
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

LT (there is no real diff to the LS) XR5's have Power Windows in the back...was at a dealership the other day looking at one. The models that were coming out with out power windows were the ones with Focus Zetec style lights, not the crystal ones. The model I looked at had the Zetec Focus style lights with the rear Power windows...and this was on the show room floor. I've looked at all the colours and I've decided on Electric Orange and will be buying later on this year.
Old 18-08-2007, 10:54 AM   #15
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket
LT (there is no real diff to the LS) XR5's have Power Windows in the back...was at a dealership the other day looking at one. The models that were coming out with out power windows were the ones with Focus Zetec style lights, not the crystal ones. The model I looked at had the Zetec Focus style lights with the rear Power windows...and this was on the show room floor. I've looked at all the colours and I've decided on Electric Orange and will be buying later on this year.
Good Choice Bucket.. i envi you so so so so much! wish i had an XR5T.. alas will have to settle for an LR Zetec SC instead heheheheh

Old 18-08-2007, 11:28 AM   #16
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Q FORD at Springwood has a demo in blue and a blue one on the show room.

Ring Rick Hobbs 07 3208 7000 and get him to do you a deal.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2007, 03:51 PM   #17
wadesc
Starter Motor

Of all the colour blue is probably the only one i don't want :P Thanks anyways. I am after silver or black with leather ;)
Old 18-08-2007, 04:05 PM   #18
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadesc
Of all the colour blue is probably the only one i don't want :P Thanks anyways. I am after silver or black with leather ;)
Give him a ring next week neways, he will soon get a Black or Silver one.. Just checked ont he computer and they have a Silver one in stock, Bryan byrt have a couple of Orange ones and Metro has a Silver and a Black in stock in seems. Theres a few more then that around to, thats just some of them.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2007, 04:23 PM   #19
wadesc
Starter Motor

which one of those dealerships has a down to earth decent salesman. I've just been to a local dealership on the coast,... no comment.
Old 18-08-2007, 04:36 PM   #20
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

Quote:
which one of those dealerships has a down to earth decent salesman. I've just been to a local dealership on the coast,... no comment.
Why dont you try on of our site sponsors?
Old 19-08-2007, 09:44 AM   #21
KJGH
G6E Driver

Quote:
lol where did that come from go back in your box.
my sis has an 06 model so she has power windows which i said. read the post before making stupid comments.
from what iv heard the 07 still has no power windows (the ones in oz now)
i also no it was a stuff up and under stand all that. do you own one???
or no anyone who owns one???
I own a January 2007 build plate with rear power windows and those lovely leather seats. At the time of delivery (mid-April) was just when they started getting them with rears again.
Old 19-08-2007, 01:16 PM   #22
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hey,

I am the stock controller for the sunny coast dealerships I can let you know what I have in stock.

2x LS 07 in silver without leather (both with rear windows)
1x LT 07 in colorado red with leather

But I will try my best to get you what you want. Its a bummer because I just got rid of two blacks recently. The only differences between LS and LT is the interior will light up red instead of blue at night and the audio system is a bit different. Still no cruise which isn't fair and I am unsure about a kit for it because I have been trying to find out myself!. I am actually looking at buying an XR5, but there is this little XR4 in black with no stripes that has really caught my eye! Let me know if you need anymore help.
Old 19-08-2007, 02:32 PM   #23
wadesc
Starter Motor

Definitely want the LT with leather :P Thanks for the info.
Old 19-08-2007, 03:30 PM   #24
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Smile

Quote:
Definitely want the LT with leather :P Thanks for the info.
No worries!
Old 19-08-2007, 04:24 PM   #25
wadesc
Starter Motor

Which S/Coast dealership are u based at?
Old 19-08-2007, 06:13 PM   #26
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Which S/Coast dealership are u based at?
I work at the Maroochydore dealership.
Old 19-08-2007, 06:40 PM   #27
melbzetec

Wadesc, make sure you get exactly what you want. Don't let the excitement rush you into something that isn't just as you want it. Dealers are hungry for the sales. And finding a salesman that listens could be the first step. It will make all the difference. Sounds like Barra240t could be a new friend.

And I'm really sorry for all the argy bargy that went on earlier in this thread. It really is a very positive and supportful group around here. You'll find we're pretty passionate about the Focus and Fiesta, and always love to welcome new peopleto the fold.

Please never be afraid to ask the "dumb" question....that's usually the one others are afraid to ask. Good luck with it. You'll love the XR5

Old 19-08-2007, 08:41 PM   #28
wadesc
Starter Motor

Hey cool - do you do sales barra240t?
Yep I know what I want pretty much, I don't let salesmen tell me thats for sure. I can't stand the pushy ones - i'll buy when I am ready, I know what I want. It's just a matter of price and good service without being pushed. Unfortunately that's hard hey.

There's always someone on a forum who likes to cause a stir, yeh
Old 20-08-2007, 09:22 AM   #29
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hey cool - do you do sales barra240t?
Yep I know what I want pretty much, I don't let salesmen tell me thats for sure. I can't stand the pushy ones - i'll buy when I am ready, I know what I want. It's just a matter of price and good service without being pushed. Unfortunately that's hard hey.

There's always someone on a forum who likes to cause a stir, yeh
wadesc,

No, I am not in sales but I can help you with anything you need to know. I can give you a salespersons name or we can even send you a quote. Just let me know.

I had look this morning to and I new I had another colour, I have an LT Sea Grey with leather as well.
Old 20-08-2007, 09:53 AM   #30
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Wadesc, best time to buy is at the end of the month, and find the sales person with the least amount of sales, as they will be eager to sell you anything to get there sale quota up....

i think thats it!