Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 19-02-2010, 11:46 AM   #1
marcosambrose

Default Distaste among FPV and HSV buyers

After the release of the E2 and the proceeding high volumes of sales, i can only assume that the majority of these people have in my opinion a complete lack of taste when it comes to anything relating to aesthetics or form.

Of course this is just my opinion but my god those bodykits look like a crackhead on speed designed it.

Thankfully FPV have used a few undertones in recent time and the F6E and GTE are subtle(ish), but thats not to say they have created some ghastly things in the past...

People here seem to lap that $h!te up haha

Old 19-02-2010, 11:55 AM   #2
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Yeah, ok.

Not entirely sure it warranted an entire thread devoted to it or what is basically bagging members here out.

Nice.....
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
Old 19-02-2010, 11:57 AM   #3
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Boring....

Btw is E2 selling that well.. My local dealer has them parked everywhere... Somehow I think he ordered way toooooo many...
Old 19-02-2010, 12:00 PM   #4
kezzer

they are modern, and don't suit everyones taste, but both camps are releasing nice looking cars, that stand out. Peoples taste vary.
Old 19-02-2010, 12:08 PM   #5
redauxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There are reasons for outlandish styling and subtle... You want a subtle car, buy a G6ET, or a Calais... You want something that will NO doubt turn heads (whether looking good or bad) buy a HSV/FPV.... Theres no doubt the E2s stand out and the younger generation (thats me ) like em
Old 19-02-2010, 12:26 PM   #6
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Hardly seen on the road an E2HSV in my travels more on the dealer lots though,heavy discounting will come along soon enough.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
Old 19-02-2010, 12:31 PM   #7
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

The E2 in the flesh aint as bad as the pics suggest.

i recently had a good look over a lovely black GTS, and listened to it with my bionic ears - needed them to hear it....

It's owner was a top bloke - obviously.......... as he asked me more questions about mine, than I did his....

I thought they were ugly and very very contrived, but this black GTS was none of those things, about my only real dislike was the LED running lights - too many of them, in a poxy shape, and they were too bright (against black paintwork), and the wheels.

The wheels on this GTS were disgusting, I could not, would not live with them.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
Old 19-02-2010, 12:36 PM   #8
T3ts50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217
Hardly seen on the road an E2HSV in my travels more on the dealer lots though,heavy discounting will come along soon enough.
Very true, mate of mine picked up an E2 for 63k which included on road costs.

If you have a look at carsales, the amount of E2's at the dealerships is staggering, though I do see more E2's than FG FPV's on the road.
Old 19-02-2010, 12:48 PM   #9
kinksta
Luxojet

have seen quite a lot in my travels around here in Adelaide, easy to spot because of the LEDs and the nostrils. The are growing on me, but the Senator is easily the pick of the bunch!!
Old 19-02-2010, 12:48 PM   #10
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Who cares? Seriously.

Does it stop you from liking your own car?

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
Old 19-02-2010, 12:52 PM   #11
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't like those LED’s of the HSV!! They look out of place

But I've got to say FPV have done a terrible job on FG.. FPV has taken one of the best looking Falcons & made them look ugly. What is with the grey bits on the front bumper of FPV Falcon?.. The BA FPV where fantastic but not a fan of FG FPV’s.. This is one of the biggest reasons I when XR6T of FPV GS. Can only hope FPV do a better job with FGII..
Old 19-02-2010, 12:54 PM   #12
RedHotGT
Long live the Falcon GT

Saw an FPV GS (that seems to live outside and not inside) and in the flesh it does look good... the one i've seen is white with black accents, so it doesn't stand out as much as the bright green etc...

I know that if I was spending that type of money on a car - it wouldn't be a car from FPV range or HSV range... (and thats just my opinion)
Old 19-02-2010, 01:01 PM   #13
Deco28

Man saw a black GT-P up in cairns with gold writing on the side of the bonnet bulge.

HOT!
Old 19-02-2010, 01:05 PM   #14
STHSV8

the e2 clubsport station wagon looks awesome imho.
Old 19-02-2010, 01:13 PM   #15
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I really like the E2, good change from the E1. I really really love the GTS wheels, I am shocked so many people hate them, I think they look fantastic.
Old 19-02-2010, 02:26 PM   #16
T3ts50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by STHSV8
the e2 clubsport station wagon looks awesome imho.
I agree, espicially in black with the optional 20"s. Maybe because it doesn't have the rear end of the sedans, the only bit I dont like about the E2's.
Old 19-02-2010, 02:33 PM   #17
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosambrose
After the release of the E2 and the proceeding high volumes of sales, i can only assume that the majority of these people have in my opinion a complete lack of taste when it comes to anything relating to aesthetics or form.

Of course this is just my opinion but my god those bodykits look like a crackhead on speed designed it.

Thankfully FPV have used a few undertones in recent time and the F6E and GTE are subtle(ish), but thats not to say they have created some ghastly things in the past...

And what do you drive???
Old 19-02-2010, 03:04 PM   #18
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex

i recently had a good look over a lovely black GTS, and listened to it with my bionic ears - needed them to hear it....

It's owner was a top bloke - obviously.......... as he asked me more questions about mine, than I did his....

I thought they were ugly and very very contrived, but this black GTS was none of those things, about my only real dislike was the LED running lights - too many of them, in a poxy shape, and they were too bright (against black paintwork), and the wheels.

Tex this would be the exception for me especially in black, it would blend in with all the holes around the front etc....the vogue following Audi then Merc doing it with LEDs is so so too much for me !
Those wheels are puke !

Mentions of the wagons,R8 whatever look damn good,heck even a SS wag with 20's lowered a fraction are great.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
Old 19-02-2010, 03:10 PM   #19
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Couldn't agree more.

Old 19-02-2010, 03:18 PM   #20
Stattic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The first VE HSVs looked really tough but ve2 certainly comes across as distasteful. Seen a few on the road and they are just too overdone
256rwkw

BA manual Typhoon
Fully optioned, 340rwkw@16psi (thanks Bluepower)!

The old ride....
AU Fairmont, cammed beast, R.I.P you made my p plate years bearable!
150.8rwkw courtesy BPR
Old 19-02-2010, 03:21 PM   #21
kezzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
I really like the E2, good change from the E1. I really really love the GTS wheels, I am shocked so many people hate them, I think they look fantastic.
Well you certaintly aren't the minority, it's growing on people, and they are selling in droves around melb where I live, there are three on my street, I used to get a few looks in my xr6, but the nieghbours ignore me now : I prefer the FPV looks, but I can understand why people like them.
Old 19-02-2010, 03:30 PM   #22
ROLLI
KEEPUP

Cant really say im a fan of the E2. In black they look ok but not great compared to the VE GTS which i thought was tuff. The wheels are pox I hate them normally holden have good wheels but not this time. The LED's look like the neons you can get from autobarn and just slapped on the front instead of underneath lol Also not a fan of exhausts through bumpers.
Old 19-02-2010, 03:43 PM   #23
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

I know i'm most likely in the minority here, but I find the look of the VE HSVs to be awesome and would instantly own one over any FPV if given the chance.
Old 19-02-2010, 03:44 PM   #24
cosmo20btt
Fordaholic

I should know better than to weigh in a thread that is anti some thing, but he goes, E2 is the is the epitome of the homer mobile, it's just a car that has had every thing thrown at it, and where it stuck is where it stayed. If FPV made such a bogan delight, it would have been hauled constantly through the coals for it.
Old 19-02-2010, 03:54 PM   #25
HSE2

Like many new cars they are colour sensitive. Black as they say hides a multitude of sins.

I saw a lowered E2 R8 in that new green colour and that looked ok.

The flutes in the rear guards and either the bonnet scope or LED in the front need to be omitted. It’s not that far off in the flesh but yet typically of HSV just a touch too far.

Can’t argue with the content of the GTS. FPV could learn plenty about the GT-P from the E2 GTS.
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
Old 19-02-2010, 03:58 PM   #26
Wally
XP Coupe

Quote:

Not sure if s design by a crackhead on speed is a bad thing, afterall much of the popular music in the last half century has been inspired by drugs. The art culture likewise.

Also your opinion is predicated on you knowing what good taste is and we would have to take your word for that.

If the post is merely a "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" then I'm sure you will be welcomed into the fraternity of binary thinkers.

I wasn't a fan when it was released, but having seen it on the road, it certainly has a dominating presence, which is kinda refresshing in a sea of sameness.
Old 19-02-2010, 04:52 PM   #27
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

I'm not a fan of the E2, it just looks too busy IMO.

However, the series 1 GTS is certainly a car I'll take a closer look towards the end of the year when it's time for a change. I've somehow developed a bit of a man crush on it. Have no idea how.
Old 19-02-2010, 05:05 PM   #28
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

Ask the dealers how many customers are asking VE1 Front & Rear bars to be bolted on as part of the sale...

Hardly seen VE2 and when I do it's a wog driving (sorry but it's true). Speaking to local dealers those buying will only do so if VE1 kit is fitted...

Cheers

FGX-XR8 Manual, BFII E-Gas, '11 GSXR 1000 - Love 'em!
FPV Tickford Club of NSW - www.fpvclub.com
Old 19-02-2010, 05:15 PM   #29
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehoon
Ask the dealers how many customers are asking VE1 Front & Rear bars to be bolted on as part of the sale...

Hardly seen VE2 and when I do it's a wog driving (sorry but it's true). Speaking to local dealers those buying will only do so if VE1 kit is fitted...

Cheers
I am very surprised HSV will supply the kit in that scenario, but there you go.

How many dealers have told you about this exactly? I wonder how many cars it effects, possibly also effect stuff like air bag sensors, revers park sensors etc ?

The factory is actually fitting these Series 1 kits yeh??

cheers

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
Old 19-02-2010, 05:30 PM   #30
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex

Total agreement, the only colour E2 I can stand is black...

Closed Thread