Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 19-02-2010, 09:41 PM   #1
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Default Maybe cars do have feelings

I have often wondered if a car has feeling :, you know whether or not they know you are thrashing them, going to replace them etc. Well let me set the scene for why it may be true.

My mothers EL which she had for 10years, traveled 400,000km and never had a major problem bar a transmission, finally had a major issue (cylinder head cracked). Instead of fixing the Head mum went and bought a Lightning Silver FG XR6. So today is the day to go pick it up. On her way to the train station (car is in mandurah, was cheaper to get a train), her EL decided for the first time in 10yrs it was going to break down. Maybe it knew it was being replaced and was ****ed off : , at least it was nice enough to break down at a bus stop so her and my sister could still get to the train station . I told her on the way home to stop by and use the XR6 to tow the EL lol.

Old 19-02-2010, 09:48 PM   #2
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

No matter how hard we try to believe they might have feelings, cars are just plain and simply an inanimate object made for transport

Last edited by Falcon Coupe; 19-02-2010 at 09:54 PM.
Old 19-02-2010, 09:54 PM   #3
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUF_302
No matter how hard we try to believe they might have feelings, cars are just plain and simply an inanimate object made for transport

Agreed.
Closed Thread