Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-08-2022, 02:35 PM   #181
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Global New Ranger Raptor reveal

Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 12-08-2022, 06:40 PM   #182
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
They do a lot of damage to the brand because of their ****ful behavior.

Manufacturers really need to get their **** together and design better websites first though
100% agree.

Ford's local website is atrocious, and the US version is only slightly better.

If a tiny little company run out of a business estate can produce this - https://www.obsessedgarage.com/ - why is that a massive corporation can't have a logical, correctly functioning and easy to use website is beyond me.

Nor does Ford Australia reply to emails.

Ford are delusional if they think they can enter the online selling space and not go backwards. It is going to take a MASSIVE change in management and management style for any of these old-fashioned car companies to adapt to online retailing.

For the record, I don't care who sells me the car, be it a dealership or online, what I do care about is being able to properly research my purchase. As it stands, Ford are pathetically incapable of selling anything other than a Ranger bro-dozer.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 12-08-2022, 07:10 PM   #183
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
100% agree.

Ford's local website is atrocious, and the US version is only slightly better.

If a tiny little company run out of a business estate can produce this - https://www.obsessedgarage.com/ - why is that a massive corporation can't have a logical, correctly functioning and easy to use website is beyond me.

Nor does Ford Australia reply to emails.

Ford are delusional if they think they can enter the online selling space and not go backwards. It is going to take a MASSIVE change in management and management style for any of these old-fashioned car companies to adapt to online retailing.

For the record, I don't care who sells me the car, be it a dealership or online, what I do care about is being able to properly research my purchase. As it stands, Ford are pathetically incapable of selling anything other than a Ranger bro-dozer.
What we're talking about (and experiencing) is real common across all OEMs in manufacturing industry, they're not used to dealing directly with the end user and don't understand customer experience on the end user side. They all have real basic internet presences and thats about it.

These are businesses with traditional wholesale distributor/reseller networks who they sell to, who then these businesses do all the leg work with the end user and have a much better understanding on what someone walking into their dealership may want to know/experience (dealer sales staff, making ou a coffee, the couches, receptionist, upselling lady with the low cut top et al - has anyone EVER fell for that trick? I feel like its the oldest trick in the book)

You're spot on, this will really need to change and they'll need to get their **** together if they want to be selling things worth six figures directly to customers through online methods.

The accountants over at the OEM have seen the margins in selling direct to end user I reckon and they're after that slice of the pie.

I have no problem buying online but I'm expecting to throw down my card details and the car appears in my driveway from local stock (in a DC in suburbia) by end of next business day, none of this 300 days later BS thats going on at the moment.
Old 12-08-2022, 07:20 PM   #184
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:

These are businesses with traditional wholesale distributor/reseller networks who they sell to, who then these businesses do all the leg work with the end user and have a much better understanding on what someone walking into their dealership may want to know/experience (dealer sales staff, making ou a coffee, the couches, receptionist, upselling lady with the low cut top et al - has anyone EVER fell for that trick? I feel like its the oldest trick in the book)
Off topic I know, but my last three car purchases through my Ford dealer, the aftersales lady was brilliant. Not pushy, she knew what I did in my spare time so did not bother to even try to word me up on paint protection and the like. And the best bit? She owns a FG MK II FPV GT...........with a manual!
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 12-08-2022, 07:47 PM   #185
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
What we're talking about (and experiencing) is real common across all OEMs in manufacturing industry, they're not used to dealing directly with the end user and don't understand customer experience on the end user side. They all have real basic internet presences and thats about it.

You're spot on, this will really need to change and they'll need to get their **** together if they want to be selling things worth six figures directly to customers through online methods.

The accountants over at the OEM have seen the margins in selling direct to end user I reckon and they're after that slice of the pie.

I have no problem buying online but I'm expecting to throw down my card details and the car appears in my driveway from local stock (in a DC in suburbia) by end of next business day, none of this 300 days later BS thats going on at the moment.
...and we didn't install the steering wheel because there is a global leather stitching thread shortage and we didn't want to tell you until the flatbed arrived outside your house but we offer no discount because the fine print in the sales contract said we could.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2022, 08:04 PM   #186
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith View Post
...and we didn't install the steering wheel because there is a global leather stitching thread shortage and we didn't want to tell you until the flatbed arrived outside your house but we offer no discount because the fine print in the sales contract said we could.
Then you better pick it the **** back up and get me my steering wheel you promised

I bought my ute sight unseen from circa 120km away from where I live,

I paid for it, organised a tow truck and then it was sitting in my driveway when I got home from work, I spoke to the previous owner once or twice on the phone.

Why they can't do that with a new car I have no idea.
Old 12-08-2022, 09:29 PM   #187
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Fords website back in the AU- BA days was brilliant. You could find everything you wanted to know easily and logically, and the build configurator was second to none.

How could they go backwards in 20 years?
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2022, 09:44 PM   #188
au2000
AKA "the other bloke"

Cost cutting…
Something else ford struggle with is being open.
If the removal of focus and fiesta is part of a grand plan to wind down sales of ice vehicles and pave the way to introduce ev products then ffs stand up and own it, mate of mine today says to me ahh I see ford is following Holden out the door huh? All because all people see unless they are trainspotters is ford removing product after product from sale in Australia,
His: 2012 FG II GS, Vanish
His: 2003 BA GT-P, Lightening Strike
Jnr: 2002 AU III Falcon XR6 ST, 5 speed Blueprint & 1978 XC Fairmont Neptune Blue

Previous:
1976 HX 50th Anniversary Kingswood
2014 FGX G6E Turbo
1980 XD Falcon GL
2003 BA Falcon XR6
1991 EB Falcon S
1989 EA Fairmont
1982 XE Fairmont
1968 XT Falcon
au2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 12-08-2022, 09:55 PM   #189
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by au2000 View Post
Cost cutting…
Something else ford struggle with is being open.
If the removal of focus and fiesta is part of a grand plan to wind down sales of ice vehicles and pave the way to introduce ev products then ffs stand up and own it, mate of mine today says to me ahh I see ford is following Holden out the door huh? All because all people see unless they are trainspotters is ford removing product after product from sale in Australia,
Tell your mate he should buy a new Colorado.
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 12-08-2022, 10:10 PM   #190
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman1 View Post
Probably less waiting time if they found all the tooling and built a car than trying to order a new Ranger at the moment
Old 12-08-2022, 10:25 PM   #191
au2000
AKA "the other bloke"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman1 View Post
He went Ram tbh

The whole ford vrs Holden thing died off a few years back , just saying…
Jnr: 2002 AU III Falcon XR6 ST, 5 speed Blueprint & 1978 XC Fairmont Neptune Blue

Previous:
2014 FGX G6E Turbo
1980 XD Falcon GL
2003 BA Falcon XR6
1991 EB Falcon S
1989 EA Fairmont
1982 XE Fairmont
1968 XT Falcon

Last edited by au2000; 12-08-2022 at 10:33 PM.
Old 16-08-2022, 08:27 AM   #192
au2000
AKA "the other bloke"

This is the kind of info ford Australia should be getting out there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCX_mp1uknQ

Previous:
2014 FGX G6E Turbo
1980 XD Falcon GL
2003 BA Falcon XR6
1991 EB Falcon S
1989 EA Fairmont
1982 XE Fairmont
1968 XT Falcon
Old 24-08-2022, 12:44 PM   #193
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Looks like mine has been pushed back another week. Now out to the 17th of September. It was built in July and hasn't been assigned a ship yet.
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2022, 10:13 AM   #194
Hemihunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The new Look is ... UGLY. front and back.
Hemihunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2022, 11:35 AM   #195
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemihunter View Post
Can't please everyone.

But interestingly enough, the results from the styling clinics had their highest recorded satisfaction ratings. So they are doing something right.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 08-09-2022, 12:49 PM   #196
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think the new look of the rangers works best on the Raptor. The big front end goes well with the bigger guards and wider track and delivers a big truck look. It's a lot more clumsy IMO on the rest of the rangers, and they look a little top heavy.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 08-09-2022, 12:54 PM   #197
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
I think the new look of the rangers works best on the Raptor. The big front end goes well with the bigger guards and wider track and delivers a big truck look. It's a lot more clumsy IMO on the rest of the rangers, and they look a little top heavy.
I agree. The Raptor is the only one that looks good in my opinion. To the point where, if I was to be getting a regular model, I would go an Amarok.
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 08-09-2022, 01:19 PM   #198
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Ive read a few people saying that, looks are subjective that's fine but I'm interested in the looks from the back one...

With these things there is a tail gate and taillights to look at it doesn't give the designers much to work with but I actually thing they have put a lot of effort into the new one compared to the outgoing model.
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2022, 02:01 PM   #199
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
I thought I was the only one. Square on front and back they are ok. The 3/4 view from the front isn't pretty nor is the profile. Only noticed this when I saw it in person. The pictures didn't look that bad.

The Raptor does look good though. I do like the new shape in the Raptor. But that again is pictures. Haven't seen one in person yet.
kypez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2022, 02:07 PM   #200
Hemihunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Can't please everyone.

But interestingly enough, the results from the styling clinics had their highest recorded satisfaction ratings. So they are doing something right.
must have used the blind mice for the survey.
Hemihunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2022, 02:37 PM   #201
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypez View Post
I thought I was the only one. Square on front and back they are ok. The 3/4 view from the front isn't pretty nor is the profile. Only noticed this when I saw it in person. The pictures didn't look that bad.

The Raptor does look good though. I do like the new shape in the Raptor. But that again is pictures. Haven't seen one in person yet.
Its really only the flared Guards & bigger wheels that's the difference.

Its amazing what a set of wheels can do, kind of like comparing your Falcon to an XT.

I've said before I like the looks of the new Navara over the Ranger, but Im nearly certain Id prefer sitting in the V6 Ranger and not caring what people think
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 08-09-2022, 03:08 PM   #202
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
I think the survey had more than 3 participants

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 08-09-2022, 03:25 PM   #203
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesper Martini View Post
Its really only the flared Guards & bigger wheels that's the difference.

Its amazing what a set of wheels can do, kind of like comparing your Falcon to an XT.

I've said before I like the looks of the new Navara over the Ranger, but Im nearly certain Id prefer sitting in the V6 Ranger and not caring what people think
Totally agree. The looks of a car aren't enough to sway me away from the Ranger and its only a little bad from some angles. Inside the cabin, its so much nicer than any of the other Utes out there. Wish the second row was bigger but I've already mentioned that. And yes, just like the old Falcons, a good set of wheels makes a big difference. The one I saw was a lower spec model that didn't look that great to be fair. Wildtrak looked ok. The flared guards soften the transition to the front end in my eyes.

Clean sheet does make things easier. Upgrades to existing cars and trying to incorporate new language on an old template usually have short comings of sorts. To thrash out that Falcon analogy, I'd rather the upgraded interior in the Ranger than say with the FGX which was all outside and bar Sync 2 (which wasn't great) that was the only interior upgrade.

It was just the way the front nose met the guard that from the side looked very awkward in my eyes. Too squared off for my liking. The F truck does it softer even though they're meant to be similar fronts.

EDIT: Figured it out. The F 150 has a sculpted bonnet that raises the side profile a couple of inches and doesn't make the nose look a like long flat piece of metal. Thats the difference that makes one look nicer and the other, not as nice in my eyes.

Last edited by kypez; 08-09-2022 at 03:34 PM.
kypez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2022, 04:13 PM   #204
vbomber

First reviews dropping

vbomber is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2022, 04:45 PM   #205
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2022, 06:44 PM   #206
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
No wrong, nuffies weren’t invited.
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2022, 09:37 PM   #207
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesper Martini View Post
As i said a month ago, thank God for the V6 or it would struggle to sell.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if the V6 was the tradeoff afforded to the rest of the World once the Yanks decided they wanted a piece of our ute.

'Here, we'll give you these V6's in diesel and petrol form in exchange for you tolerating us grafting our ugly as **** corporate F truck front end on your sexy PX ute.'

Raptor certainly makes it easier to swallow but anything less than that and I'd wait for the Amarok which looks much better.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-09-2022, 09:48 AM   #208
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

I like it tbh.
Much nicer than the out going model thats for sure.
Looks are always subjective though.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2022, 09:59 AM   #209
Hulsty

Love it, good step forward from he old PX
Hulsty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2022, 10:22 AM   #210