Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 16-07-2006, 10:19 PM   #1
XBGT_73

Default 2dr or 4dr BA/F DRAG CAR

I have a good source that a 2DR BA GT type drag car may be on the cards.As we know Brett Stevens has produced a 4 drBAGT drag car,but what are your thoughts on a 2dr?

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2006, 10:22 PM   #2
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So potentially which class/grouping would it belong to, super sedan or top doorslammer or anything in between????

2 door, so its a modified roofline, and maybe to come out looking like a monaro if you use your imagination????

Full metal body, or fibreglass being the next question....
Melz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2006, 10:43 PM   #3
XBGT_73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melz
So potentially which class/grouping would it belong to, super sedan or top doorslammer or anything in between????

2 door, so its a modified roofline, and maybe to come out looking like a monaro if you use your imagination????

Full metal body, or fibreglass being the next question....
Top Door Slammer.Bodies are produced from a mould,either from the genuine type metal body and then modified and lengthened to Andra's guidelines.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2006, 10:51 PM   #4
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I thought the ruling for TD was that they were either coupe or sedan bodies ORIGINALLY mass produced, i haven't see a 2 door mass produced BA... as much as i would like to.... but there could be some info i'm missing out on.
Melz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2006, 09:33 AM   #5
supakel351

it used to be that when building a t/d you had to submit the design to ANDRA if they aproved it it became the standard all others of that model had to meet, this changes all the time. but you may notice that all the studebakers and camaros look the same etc
supakel351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2006, 10:04 PM   #6
MIEF9640

check carpenters two car team from QLD both late models . Also check the commodore doorslammers biggest qty all made into 2Dr It is at the interpration of the national classifier and head tech . Also check tuckers pontiac in pro-stock Usa made commodore and badged as such so go figure
MIEF9640 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2006, 09:41 PM   #7
crispy79

the pontiac pro stock is narrower than the monaro t/d

This argument that you are carrying on with is akin to shuffling deckcahirs on the Titanic.
crispy79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2006, 08:52 AM   #8
strife

the pro stockers have different requirements they are allowed to run spec bodies from the states

doubt you would see a two door BA\F in TD look at all the hassle the brays had over the doors in the monaro
strife is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post