Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 24-03-2018, 01:15 PM   #1
Spider54
Starter Motor

Default MD Mondeo Driver Modes

Hi, I recently purchased a 2015 mondeo ambience TDCI? Really happy with performance and fuel economy and ride. However I find the steering to be too vague/ soft for the twisties There are no driver modes in the steering wheel menu. My question is can the ford technician adjust the steering in the Ecu if not can the Ecu be upgraded to allow steering adjustment. Thanks in advance.
Spider54 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2018, 12:20 AM   #2
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: MD Mondeo Driver Modes

The driver modes are for the Adaptive Suspension on the Titanium models. I do not definitively know, but it may / or may not make slight adjustments to the steering also. I doubt you would be able to have a Ford tech assist you with anything like this on your model. Happy to be proven wrong though!
Old 25-03-2018, 10:20 AM   #3
bungfritz
Starter Motor

I know when you switch your suspension to sport, it also firms up the steering as well. I can't remember if it also does it when the transmission is shifted into sport, so maybe you can give it a try to see if it does anything?
bungfritz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2018, 02:48 PM   #4
Spider54
Starter Motor

I have read that sports mode definately stiffins the steering. It's an option under driver assist in the titanium model not sure about the trend but definately not an option for the driver in the ambiente. I did read on the American site that someone had this adjustment made by the ford technician. But I don't know what model it was or if the technician merely set the steering to sport mode thru the steering wheel menu.
Old 25-03-2018, 02:54 PM   #5
Spider54
Starter Motor

Ope126, yes I was wonderIng if sport mode on the gear shift would change the steering. So I will try that.