Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-03-2010, 10:08 PM   #1
calais
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Private Road Needed

I am putting the feelers out to see if anyone on the forums, who may own or have access to around 400m or so of dead flat private road or airstrip/taxiway in excellent condition (ie; near new bitumen) in either Sydney or the Central West region of NSW would be amenable to using their road or airstrip to facilitate the push starting of a Front engined dragster.

If anyone here used to frequent Castlereagh International Dragway in the 60's and 70's, you would know exactly what to expect, in terms of what is needed to push start a nitro FED.

All that is needed is 200m in which to push the rail to around 20mph then another 200m in which to slow and maneuver the rail. There is no speed involved above 30km/h and definately no burnouts or acceleration.

This is purely for nostalgic purposes, and would be greatly appreciated if serious parties could come forward if willing and able to help.

Private Message would be my preferred means of contact, in relation this matter.

(I have consulted ANDRA on the matter in reference to using WSID, its not an option, hence my enquiry here)

Cheers and thanks again!

calais is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post