Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 23-06-2019, 05:31 PM   #331
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 2019 Ford Focus

The ten best sellers according to Canstar
1st Toyota Hilux
2nd Ford Ranger
3rd Toyota RAV4
4th Hyundai i30
5th Toyota Corolla
6th Mazda3
7th Mazda CX-5
8th Kia Cerato
9th Toyota Prado
10th Holden Colorado
marg99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2019, 05:50 PM   #332
CatonaPC©

Lists of overall sales mean nothing and don't indicate sales growth or slump.

Try this article instead, which shows which car makes have actually improved sales. Guess which brand has defied the market slump?

In the words of Alan Moffat: "Oh, what's that out in front? Is that a . . . . Ford?"
CatonaPC© is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 24-06-2019, 06:03 AM   #333
mickjf
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatonaPC© View Post
Lists of overall sales mean nothing and don't indicate sales growth or slump.

Try this article instead, which shows which car makes have actually improved sales. Guess which brand has defied the market slump?

In the words of Alan Moffat: "Oh, what's that out in front? Is that a . . . . Ford?"
Yep it was that article and a couple of similar ones I was looking at covering growth rather than outright sales numbers.

It looks like there's been a trend (pun intended) for the few manufacturers offering entry level variants of their mid hatches to increase sales (Kia is up close to 10%). If Ford had an Ambiente with similar specs to a base Cerato, not the 90kw stripper, but for $2-3k more I probably would have bought it. But $8-10k is just too far.
mickjf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2019, 06:41 PM   #334
thebigd

Thumbs up Re: 2019 Ford Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhilton View Post
So it seems a few on here have had their Focus for a few weeks, any feedback from owners, negative or positive? I've had a good look at some of the competition (no driving) and interested to hear thoughts. Not a huge fan of car reviews as I feel like they just as biased spec guides these days.
Hey Danny.
Am waiting on a new Mondeo, after my last one was involved in an accident. Motorama Moorooka have loaned me a new Focus Titanium until they can deliver the Mondeo.
Now that I have things all set up eg. sync / bluetooth / audio / driving mode, WOW !
The cars a bit small for me after the Mondeo, and there's little boot space, but that's the only negatives I would give.
How the hell they get that much power from three cylinders has got me beat.
The B&O sound system is fantastic. No comparison to what the Mondeo offers.
Handling in sports mode is awesome, as long as you like a stiff wheel and hard suspension.
Front end LED lighting is great, although I'm comparing it to Mondeo Trend spec that still uses halogen.
The dash incorporates a bit of GPS info which is great, especially if you are using the screen display for other items like audio. It also displays the current speed limit. Seems to default to 40k's in the school zones even if it's not within the hours, but I can deal with that.
Would totally recommend.

Last edited by thebigd; 06-07-2019 at 06:46 PM.
thebigd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2019, 08:17 PM   #335
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

The i30 has really put the Corolla on notice - haven't taken much notice of sales for a while but last time I did Corolla was ahead of i30.

I wonder what the numbers would have been if Hyundai called the Elantra an i30 sedan?

It would have blitzed the Rav 4 - there is bugger all between them anyway.

Could have been number 2 or even number 1 on the list.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2019, 10:18 AM   #336
CatonaPC©

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigd View Post
Seems to default to 40k's in the school zones even if it's not within the hours
Yes, I noticed this. It's a good alert to the driver that they're in a 40 zone even if the speed is outside the applicable times. This got me thinking: that 40 surrounded by a red circle is technically an indicator of the speed limit and should be obeyed, regardless of what any extra writing is attached to that sign. If you couldn't understand or read english, and you're from Europe, you'd slow to 40km/h, wouldn't you?

As an aside, if you happen to be in speed limiting mode with sign recognition switched on, your car WILL slow to 40km/h regardless if the applicable time is active or not.
Old 25-08-2019, 04:17 PM   #337
fobzee

Whats everyone's thoughts on service intervals?

Im at 10,000 at the moment, never had a car with 15,000 intervals but I guess thats a lot more normal now?
fobzee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2019, 04:34 PM   #338
stefcio007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fobzee View Post
Whats everyone's thoughts on service intervals?

Im at 10,000 at the moment, never had a car with 15,000 intervals but I guess thats a lot more normal now?
Mine is 15k km service intervals for 2011 LW. Normal now.
stefcio007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2019, 09:14 AM   #339
CatonaPC©

Quote:
It's 15,000km or 1 year whichever comes up first.

There is a caveat, though. If you're driving the car in dusty conditions or where it's doing a lot of towing or you're driving it hard, then you need to consider getting it serviced more often. In Europe, this car has conditional service intervals determined by the car so it can vary.
Old 31-08-2019, 01:12 PM   #340
KosCo

Things seem to be a bit quiet on news from users on the SA Focus front – so here is my bit of news. At last I can say that the order for our new Focus was put in this week. Am getting a Titanium model, colour – Desert Island Blue, options – HUD and Active Park Assist 2. Unfortunately, the options ordered mean we probably won’t see the car until November. It has been listed as a 2019.75 model so don’t know if that means anything. We have been provided a NSC Order Number and hopefully will get a VIN Number soon to track its progress. Have seen a few SA models now driving around my suburb lately whereas a few months ago there weren’t any at all. Hope it all goes well now. Will put this post up on a few of the forums.
KosCo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 01-09-2019, 07:54 PM   #341
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

https://www.caradvice.com.au/788393/...ms-early-2020/

Focus ST details.

$44,690 manual or auto.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2019, 04:15 PM   #342
cappie

Transmission issue encountered by this review as well, in an Active no less.

https://www.news.com.au/technology/i...665a5770fc4220
cappie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2019, 05:36 PM   #343
CatonaPC©

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappie View Post
Transmission issue encountered by this review as well, in an Active no less.

https://www.news.com.au/technology/i...665a5770fc4220
I have an Active. I note no undue delay. I'm not saying there isn't but no more than what one would expect from any auto with a lever to change gears. Unfortunately, methinks the writer is looking for something that isn't there because he's too lazy to put the foot on the brake: He says "I shouldn’t have to". Sorry, Mr Car-test-driver; there is no such auto transmission in the world, nor has there ever been, where you are not required to put your foot on the brake when changing from D to R or vice versa!

The real issue is that dial-shifter is easy to flick from D to R or R to D and there's the expectation the mechanics of the gearbox should change just as fast. It doesn't. It's completely incorrect to state the car continues to roll because of a perceived delay that would normally go unnoticed in an auto with a regular selector.

I take issue with the fuel consumption criticism, also. I owned a Ford Focus LZ Trend and my new Focus with the 8-speed auto chews through about 5-10% less fuel in heavy stop/start traffic. It's not thrifty, but it's better than the old model with the 6-speed auto box.

The rest of the review is what readers should be taking onboard, because this car is very good. Also, readers should keep in mind, car testers base all their opinions on short term trial of a car. I'd wonder what they'd think if they drove any car they tested for 3 months or longer and whether it changed their perception - rotary dial shifters in particular?
Old 15-09-2019, 06:19 PM   #344
cappie

I'm getting to the stage where this transmission issue is really ****ing me off and I'm thinking of selling the car. I've never had a vehicle where once it goes from drive to reverse and u take the foot off the brake and it rolls forward. Ridiculous!
cappie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2019, 07:01 PM   #345
ivorya
Mad Scientist!

What is the Ford oil spec for the new Focus?
ivorya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2019, 08:20 PM   #346
stefcio007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Was this car released in China in 2018? Watching a TV show from that year and the car is in the show.

Edit; it actually looks like an LZ from the rear but an SA on the front.

It’s does have the rotary dial shifter though. Not sure if the LZ had that.

Last edited by stefcio007; 22-11-2019 at 08:28 PM.
Old 23-11-2019, 07:59 AM   #347
CatonaPC©

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefcio007 View Post
it actually looks like an LZ from the rear but an SA on the front.

It’s does have the rotary dial shifter though. Not sure if the LZ had that.
A quick check of the Ford China site shows they're still selling the LZ version in hatchback form. The new SA version appears only available in sedan form.

The LZ and SA are completely different cars and have nothing in common.
Old 16-12-2019, 08:49 AM   #348
fobzee

so took mine in for a service, i had a very early model. Asked them to see if there were any software updates for the transmission

They did find an update, they said it was huge and took them almost two hours. Transmission is much smoother shifting into drive or reverse. Better yet though, i've got auto steer now! I didnt change anything, just turned on the cruise and it now steers itself

Was this a 2019/2020 upgrade??

Last edited by fobzee; 16-12-2019 at 08:55 AM.
Old 16-12-2019, 10:13 AM   #349
CatonaPC©

Quote:
i had a very early model.
Early model? By that, you mean a 2018 model?
Old 16-12-2019, 11:09 AM   #350
fobzee

Quote:
Early model? By that, you mean a 2018 model?
Yeah it was a late 2018 build, compliance early 2019

Checked the ford site and it says it comes with lane cantering - not sure if that’s what it is but on the highway it will take bends on its own
Old 16-12-2019, 12:24 PM   #351
CatonaPC©

Quote:
Yeah it was a late 2018 build, compliance early 2019

Checked the ford site and it says it comes with lane cantering - not sure if that’s what it is but on the highway it will take bends on its own
It's called lane centering. It's standard and you do actually have to switch it on. There's a button on the steering wheel for it. I'm not a fan of it.
Old 16-12-2019, 12:27 PM   #352
fobzee

Quote:
It's called lane centering. It's standard and you do actually have to switch it on. There's a button on the steering wheel for it. I'm not a fan of it.
Weird, I never noticed it before, maybe it was always there lol

Anyway I like it, kind of like a budget Tesla
Old 18-12-2019, 12:06 AM   #353
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ford have just updated their website brochure with the 20.25 model, Active Park Assist 2 is finally standard on the Titanium, just as it was on the LW and LZ. Can’t spot any other major changed, a new colour called Blue Panther and they deleted the Orange Glow colour.
Old 18-12-2019, 08:11 AM   #354
CatonaPC©

Quote:
Can’t spot any other major changed, a new colour called Blue Panther and they deleted the Orange Glow colour.
Blue Panther has been available from the start. But only for ST-Line and Active. I can't spot any other differences. Disappointing to see that Driver Assist pack is still an option for all models other than Titanium. It's one of the best things I had my Active fitted with; it should be standard.
Old 18-12-2019, 12:54 PM   #355
KosCo

I think there is a further difference in the Titanium mode. According to the image on the Ford website, the chrome strip that ran along the top of the door sill now only runs along the bottom of the door sill.
KosCo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2019, 05:03 PM   #356
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Blue Panther has been available from the start. But only for ST-Line and Active.
According to the MY19/MY19.25 brochure I have downloaded, the only blue colors were Desert Island Blue and Blue Metallic. Maybe it was added in the MY19.75 update, but it wasn't listed in any Australian brochure prior.

Great they have added Active Park Assist 2 to the Titanium, but like you said a shame Drivers Assist didn't become standard on lower models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KosKo
I think there is a further difference in the Titanium mode. According to the image on the Ford website, the chrome strip that ran along the top of the door sill now only runs along the bottom of the door sill.
What a spot! Missed that, all the images have been updated. The overseas Vignale model has both the lower chrome and upper chrome, looks a bit classier. An odd change though.

Have been following the updates very closely, and there has been some minor cost cutting since the MY19.75 update, the removal of the rear key-less entry to the back doors, the soft touch back doors in the Titanium have been replaced with the hard plastic of lesser models. In the UK they've pretty much dropped the IRS in most models bar the 2.0L diesel and ST model so I have read.
Old 18-12-2019, 05:32 PM   #357
CatonaPC©

Quote:
According to the MY19/MY19.25 brochure I have downloaded, the only blue colors were Desert Island Blue and Blue Metallic.
I honestly thought it was an option for the Active. The early brochures didn't even list the Active and a separate brochure was available. I may very well be getting mixed up with Metallic Blue which I saw on the showroom floor on an ST-Line but I seem to recall it being an option on the 'coloriser' for the Active on the website. However, I'm no longer sure.

As for Driver Assist being not being standard by now across all models, it's a bit of a surprise, as it was a topic of discussion with my salesman who thought that by years end, it would be standard. You have to ask what the logic is, for what should be regarded as a very important set of safety features, being offered up only as an option. I have to concede that at the time, I didn't think Driver assist Package was necessary, but I decided to opt for it and now I'm glad I did.

Last edited by CatonaPC©; 18-12-2019 at 05:40 PM.
Old 18-12-2019, 06:34 PM   #358
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just flicking through one of the German Focus sites (with translate on of course!) and Blue Panther was added for the 20.25 Model Year. Metallic Blue and Desert Island have been available since day one however. They also list some changes like the removal of the SYNC lettering from the dash (you can option a CD player now in Europe) and no headlight washers on ST-Line models with LED headlamps (was never on Titanium).

Not sure which boffin comes up with all this, interesting none the less.
Old 18-12-2019, 06:42 PM   #359
CatonaPC©

Quote:
Just flicking through one of the German Focus sites (with translate on of course!) and Blue Panther was added for the 20.25 Model Year.
Clearly, I am mistaken, then. Must have been Metallic Blue that I saw.
Old 22-02-2020, 12:08 PM   #360
stefcio007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why does the product page have a Sync by Microsoft logo?
I'm 100% sure these cars come with Sync3 not 2.
BlackBerry makes Sync3.