Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 27-07-2022, 11:45 PM   #1
XFISH98

Default Timed light for roller doors

Hey all electricians, My garage backs out into a dark ally .....with no light post any closer than 50 meters from my house. I'm not interested in purchasing sensor lights, but I'd like to add extra lights on the outside wall of my roller door that turn on/off with the roller door going up/down( since the light on the roller door base are timed for 2 minutes after being triggered ). Whats the best way around to getting this work?
XFISH98 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2022, 12:08 AM   #2
jstanovic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Timed light for roller doors

Generally roller doors have a 24V light in them (may be different nowadays, been a while). You can use this 24V to trigger a relay/contactor and control whatever you like.
I believe some roller doors have a set on auxiliary contacts built in for this function.

Another option, my mate put in a "smart" light in his carport connected to his wifi. He has set it up so as soon as his home wifi picks up his phone (within 50m) the light comes on, so as he turns into his driveway the lights are already on.
jstanovic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 28-07-2022, 06:17 AM   #3
Trevor 57
is now there

Solar powered are the go these days, unless you particularly want them to time with your roller door
Old 28-07-2022, 11:51 AM   #4
Itsme
Experienced Member

I would say most electricians would offer to install a limit switch to your roller door for switching on any lights, the lights can have timer circuits installed for your preferred time duration.
This is what I would recommend if I was still in the trade.
Itsme is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: