Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Closed Thread

Old 14-01-2017, 09:08 AM   #1
Samurai_Chris

Default Ford Class Action. Surprised no discussion?

Hi guys. I look in from time to time, and am surprised that there has not been any discussion in regards to the Ford Class Action regarding the Focus? Myself and many others have joined this action due to the poor treatment that we have received from Ford. I just feel that although I "was" a staunch Ford man. How the treatment of this company has made me realise that it means little to this organisation. If you own a Focus, or intend to buy one, then you certainly need to know about the FACTS before purchasing. Or before you encounter problems. Because at the end of the day. You will be left in the dark, as Ford Australia refuses to take responsibility for the lemons that they are selling to the public.. Before you purchase, or before you get problems. You need to look at these two links...

http://fordclassaction.com.au/

www.fordfocuslemon.com.au

2011 Ford Focus Lw MkI Sport Sedan (Blew up)
2011 Ford Focus Lw MkI Trend Hatch (Two gear box's later)
2007 Toyota Camry Sportivo (Nice to have a reliable car again)
Old 14-01-2017, 10:18 AM   #2
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 
Default Re: Ford Class Action. Surprised no discussion?

Quote:
am surprised that there has not been any discussion in regards to the Ford Class Action regarding the Focus
But there has been lots of discussion on these and several other threads http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11399507
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11451203
Old 14-01-2017, 11:04 AM   #3
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai_Chris View Post
Hi guys. I look in from time to time, and am surprised that there has not been any discussion in regards to the Ford Class Action regarding the Focus? Myself and many others have joined this action due to the poor treatment that we have received from Ford. I just feel that although I "was" a staunch Ford man. How the treatment of this company has made me realise that it means little to this organisation. If you own a Focus, or intend to buy one, then you certainly need to know about the FACTS before purchasing. Or before you encounter problems. Because at the end of the day. You will be left in the dark, as Ford Australia refuses to take responsibility for the lemons that they are selling to the public.. Before you purchase, or before you get problems. You need to look at these two links...

http://fordclassaction.com.au/

www.fordfocuslemon.com.au
Selling? Or sold? I was under the impression the issue was with some older models not any new ones....
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
Old 14-01-2017, 01:29 PM   #4
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you may be angry but incorrect statements do not help your cause. the fact that ford changed transmission types after the fault tells you a lot. how do you say it applys to current models?
Old 14-01-2017, 01:41 PM   #5
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by marg99 View Post
you may be angry but incorrect statements do not help your cause. the fact that ford changed transmission types after the fault tells you a lot. how do you say it applys to current models?
LZ Focus with Powershift Trans is whats fitted to the Ambiente in the US and Europe. They continue to use the transmission, its just Ford Australia chose not to bring the Ambiente to Australia in the LZ, just like we don't get many spec of models here. Manual 2.2L Everest is another example.
Old 14-01-2017, 02:07 PM   #6
Samurai_Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by marg99 View Post
Is this comment related to me? If so. I have both a 2011 LW Focus Sport Sedan, and a 2011 LW Trend Hatch. Both are ******. And although there has been a recent face-lift. They are the current model...

Old 14-01-2017, 09:28 PM   #7
4cyl_Turbo

Quote:
Is this comment related to me? If so. I have both a 2011 LW Focus Sport Sedan, and a 2011 LW Trend Hatch. Both are ******. And although there has been a recent face-lift. They are the current model...
The LW isn't the current model.

Do some research before sprouting incorrect information.

The LZ is the current model and is completely different from your TWO cars.
2018 Ford Focus SA Titanium - white (current)
5 users like this post:
Old 15-01-2017, 12:49 AM   #8
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: LS Focus PCV Valve & Hose replacement, a very detailed write up with photos. 

Spot on. The LZ Focus models in Aus come with a torque converter auto now.
4 users like this post:
Old 15-01-2017, 01:21 AM   #9
Pepscobra
Call me dirt... Joe Dirt

The class action against Ford has been dropped.
Bannister Law (law firm representing the class action) has since gone under due to the incurred costs of the no-win-no-fee structure they entered.
A friend of mine in the Perth office lost her job because of this.
2007 BFII FPV Cobra Ute|Boss 302|6M|#23/100
Mods so far:
Billet Products Shifter|X-Force Exhaust|Herrod Oil Breathers|Whiteline Sway Bar|Tein SuperStreets|Kings FOR-303SL Rear Springs|Melling Oil Pump|Mace Manifold Spacers|Powerbond Underdrives|Pacemaker Headers|Ballistic Cats|XFT Custom Tune @ 308.3rwkw|DBA T3 Rotors|Ferodo Pads|Goodridge Braided Lines
Mods to come:
4.11 Diff Gears|Chromoly Tailshaft
I use & recommend:
Castrol|Motorcraft|Mainlube|Penrite

Check Out My Build Thread
This user likes this post:
Old 15-01-2017, 08:55 AM   #10
Samurai_Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepscobra View Post
Bannister Law (law firm representing the class action) has since gone under due to the incurred costs of the no-win-no-fee structure they entered.
A friend of mine in the Perth office lost her job because of this.
Your proof of this is?

Old 15-01-2017, 08:59 AM   #11
Samurai_Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4cyl_Turbo View Post
The LW isn't the current model.

Do some research before sprouting incorrect information.

The LZ is the current model and is completely different from your TWO cars.
Wow, fair enough. My apologies. However, it still remains that Ford are still selling used LW's to unsuspecting buyer's, knowing full well of the problems they have... Can I assume you are the owner of an LZ? If so. I thought the LW was awesome too when I first got it! Just hope you never need to have any failures fixed... Your fanboy tune may not be so evident... Just saying.

Old 15-01-2017, 10:50 AM   #12
KosCo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepscobra View Post
I am not disputing what you have said, but Bannister still have their lawsuit webpage up on their class action and a Goggle search can't anything that says it has been dropped.
Old 15-01-2017, 11:38 AM   #13
CatonaPC©

Quote:
However, it still remains that Ford are still selling used LW's to unsuspecting buyer's, knowing full well of the problems they have...
Ford are not able to sell a car they no longer make. Any LW would be on the used car market and it's a case of buyers needing to do their own research before they buy. That's the case for ANY used car, not just Ford models.

Research is the key.
Old 15-01-2017, 11:55 AM   #14
Samurai_Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatonaPC© View Post
Ford are not able to sell a car they no longer make. Any LW would be on the used car market and it's a case of buyers needing to do their own research before they buy. That's the case for ANY used car, not just Ford models.

Research is the key.
I just assumed everyone would understand that was my meaning. But thank you for the clarification

Old 31-01-2017, 02:48 PM   #15
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
However, it still remains that Ford are still selling used LW's to unsuspecting buyer's, knowing full well of the problems they have
No they aren't. Ford are not involved in the sale of used LWs.

As for "knowing full well of the problems they have", I don't deny that some of the cars have issues. Friend of mine had an LW Focus from new and had to have the clutch replaced three times in the first six months that he had it. In the end, he managed to reach a settlement with Ford. He now drives a Civic. Another friend has a Powershift LW Focus with no issues.

But my own personal (admittedly limited) experience with Powershift (through driving dealer loan cars) has been positive. Would I buy one? I'd prefer manual in any event, but if there was no choice, I'd happily get a Powershift equipped car. I remain unconvinced that the problem is (a) widespread or (b) a safety issue.

If anything, the way you drive the car has an impact on how it behaves:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W42zsFYjZvM
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
Old 31-01-2017, 03:44 PM   #16
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Ford have been offering affected customers some nice drive away deals (healthy trade ins) on new model Ford's they want to move.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Old 31-01-2017, 03:50 PM   #17
XWGT