Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 10-04-2006, 04:19 PM   #1
danny71

Default Fiesta zetec

Hi all, My first post here :

I'm thinking of buying a new fiesta zetec auto not sure about the colour yet, thinking about sea grey.Anyways, just wondering if you could share the servicing costs, its every 15,000km or once a year right?

Also what kind of price should i aim for (melbourne) for a zetec auto on the road? i think its RRP is about $23300 on the road.

Lastly, i read this on another post, " Ipod/MP3 jack only available on a Manual transmission" Is that true????

danny71 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2006, 04:24 PM   #2
FlaminFiesta

lol every 15000 ? depends on how u drive it, i service mine every5k and mate i needs it trust me...

other guys thoughts ?
FlaminFiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2006, 04:59 PM   #3
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminFiesta
lol every 15000 ? depends on how u drive it, i service mine every5k and mate i needs it trust me...

other guys thoughts ?
WHAT?!

The Fiesta requires a service every 15,000km/1 year, which ever comes first. However, it does slightly depend on how you drive and where you drive (city or bush). I drove my Fiesta very hard, and only did the service every 15,000kms - HOWEVER, I did change the oil every 5,000kms or 7.500kms ... but not a full service. Your insane Ananth for servicing your car every 5,000kms

And yes - no Ipod jack on an automatic Fiesta... So, learn to drive Manual and save the cash! Trust me, you will not regret it!

As for the car - good luck with it! The price does sound a little high if it is stock... So I think you should shop around for the best price you can find!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2006, 05:42 PM   #4
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It depends on the oil you use. If you have a high quality oil and don't hit red line constantly the car will feel just as good even after 15,000km than it did the minute it left service.
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2006, 05:48 PM   #5
FlaminFiesta

what ?

service = Oil and Oil Filter and other tests etc

and then the service at 20k's airfilter oil filter etc

still need to do the spark plugs n stuff
Old 10-04-2006, 07:18 PM   #6
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminFiesta
what ?

service = Oil and Oil Filter and other tests etc

and then the service at 20k's airfilter oil filter etc

still need to do the spark plugs n stuff
Um - the service interval is every 15000kms... anything less and your Ford dealer is milking your money Ananth

And as for the oil filter every 20000kms - it should be changed EVERYTIME you change oil

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 10-04-2006, 09:10 PM   #7
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Save your money & get a manual. Auto costs $2g. Sure that would get a few lessons.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:11 PM   #8
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

*smiles*
go auto (: *gets ready for some abuse*

I agree with the guys on the getting a manual one, the auto just feels .. empty (:
xurbanx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2006, 09:16 PM   #9
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Helder u should be promoting the Auto not giving it the thmbs down. u should be ashamed. SHAME SHAME SHAME.

Oil and filter have only been changed once. on 24k atm and still going strong. tho I have no brakes. Dam you twisties.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:21 PM   #10
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
Helder u should be promoting the Auto not giving it the thmbs down. u should be ashamed. SHAME SHAME SHAME.

Oil and filter have only been changed once. on 24k atm and still going strong. tho I have no brakes. Dam you twisties.
Haha - must be an AUTO thing. I sold my Fiesta with 28,000kms and the brakes were still fine... And I cained the thing EVERYday

As for the oil... You've only changed it once?! Whoa.... I had changed mine about 3 or 4 times... and each time the oil came out very black. Would be interested in seeing what your's will look like!

Old 10-04-2006, 09:26 PM   #11
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

At the 15000 kms service the oil and filter were changed. Thats it so far. But will get it serviced very soon as i have noticed a little less performance. And no thats not because i drive an auto.

The brakes arnt completly gone its just that the pedal is al the way on the floor when the car stops. Its very soft.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:32 PM   #12
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
At the 15000 kms service the oil and filter were changed. Thats it so far. But will get it serviced very soon as i have noticed a little less performance. And no thats not because i drive an auto.

The brakes arnt completly gone its just that the pedal is al the way on the floor when the car stops. Its very soft.
Um - just change the oil and filter more often... You don't need a full service for that.

As for the brakes - that is just how the pads are. Even more so when they are warm!

Old 10-04-2006, 09:56 PM   #13
danny71

Thanks for all the replies peeps, ok so servicing is every 15,000km, or more if you choose.lol

Ok now for price, 22,300 is RRP for the zetec Auto, what kind of deal should i work toward, are they discounting them alot, should i try for $2000 off RRP? what kind of deals did you guys get?
thanks again
Old 10-04-2006, 10:11 PM   #14
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Brand new model, so chance of a discount like that would be slim. My manual was just under 22 a week ago.
Old 11-04-2006, 12:26 AM   #15
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwijohn42
Brand new model, so chance of a discount like that would be slim. My manual was just under 22 a week ago.
$22,000 with the rear spoiler? and Tint?

Old 11-04-2006, 12:36 AM   #16
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nice purchase john (:

Shame? Nooooo (: I like the Auto for the Fez now =D
But there will be a time when I will have to move on from the Fez, and thats when I'll need manual experience
xurbanx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2006, 12:49 AM   #17
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

I got the spoiler thrown in. Score!
Old 11-04-2006, 12:51 AM   #18
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Nice deal you got there!

The new Fiesta is certainly a great bang for your buck.

I remember - I paid more then yourself John, yet It was a WP with the same rims are yours, tint and also an alarm. Bah - It was worth it!

As for your deal Danny - at that price I would be asking for something thrown in. Or, if you can... get Manual (so you get the Ipod jack) and get some accessories also! Tint and spoiler would be nice....

Old 11-04-2006, 12:53 AM   #19
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

I did buy the mats & scuff plates. Wish I got the leather gear knob. Oh well, see what they can do when I go in for some Focus side indicators.
Old 11-04-2006, 12:25 PM   #20
FlaminFiesta

okay

ever 5000ks i get oil, oil filter and brakes adjusted so u dont get that soft feeling

every 20 000ks i get air fillter, oil and oil filtre changed

and i should have also got the sparkplugs changed but that a nother to do soon
Old 12-04-2006, 01:55 AM   #21
danny71

Thanks for all the feedback,

Whats this I have been reading about the brakes? what kind of issues do they have and what do you guys mean by feeling soft, is this an issue i should be concerned about, or put off by?

Old 12-04-2006, 03:19 AM   #22
Danny
GT4.

Welcome to the forums Danny71 (looks like just "Danny" was taken ey? : ).

$23's a bit rich for a zetec manual as the guys have told you, but search around and play the different dealers as theyll all want your business and will compete like rats to sell you the car. Search for some demos and all that too see if any of those impress (unlikely youll find a WQ Demo yet though). There are some brand new WPs for good prices at the moment with options so maybe you should gop there and have a look if having a WQ is not totally necesary.

Sorry if Ive repeated anything but this thread looked boring and I didnt read it properly.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 11:29 AM   #23
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Danny71 - Nothing wrong with the brakes that is alarming.

On the Ian Luff defensive driving course I did... the Fiesta pulled up harder each time (so, 6 consecutive times) and each time beat the HSV Avalanche with Brembos.

So rest assured it does stop well

Old 12-04-2006, 04:09 PM   #24
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
So rest assured it does stop well
I totally agree with that. There should be no problems there
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 05:46 PM   #25
danny71

Thank you all for your responses and guidance.
:

Well Today I bit the bullet and finally brought/ordered my new fiesta Zetec

06 Fiesta Zetec (Panther black) ---Delivery end may/start June!

(OPTIONS)
Automatic
mats
slimline weather shields
Rear spoiler
scuff plates
reverse sensor parking system
extended warranty
Free comprehensive insurance (cause I financed through ford credit)

Drive away $22,500, I think I got a good deal, took some work.lol

I'm now a fully fledged member of the ford forum, I'm pretty excited : : :
Old 12-04-2006, 06:25 PM   #26
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Welcome

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 07:40 PM   #27
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

WWooooooooooo - congrats! That is a REALLY good price you got their! Especially for what you got included....

Again, Congratulations and Welcome

Old 12-04-2006, 10:56 PM   #28
danny71

thanks mate
Old 12-04-2006, 10:57 PM   #29
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats a very good price. Congrats
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2006, 12:15 AM   #30
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

That is a good price. Dammit, I should have gone for the leather gear knob as well. The waiting is the worst bit. But I suppose that's about how long mine took. Should have been sooner than 6 weeks but at least that suspension issue should be sorted by now.