Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Perth Falcons

Old 17-02-2008, 10:45 PM   #1
zakit
Starter Motor

Default Driver Day at Barbagallo

Just a 'little bit' of up-to-date info on the Driver Day!

"Our Driver Day at Barbagallo is fast approaching - Monday 3rd March 2008 - and we only have 17 spots left at this stage, so hurry and secure your spot with the Treasurer now! finance@fpvtickfordclubwa.com.au

Cost for this event is $175 per driver. There will be 6 instructors on the day and heaps more time out on the track compared to MC Motorsport! We will have the use of both the short and long tracks. We need 40 drivers to make this event happen and we will need full payment as soon as possible. The event has now been opened to family, friends, forum members (non-club) and other car clubs.
You will need to arrive at the Barbagallo entrance by 7.30am. We have the track booked from 8am-4pm, so would like to get the formalities over as quickly as possible so that we can get out on the track ASAP.

You will need a CAMS license to participate - either a day license or a year license - and the forms will be available to fill out on the day. A day license will cost $21 and a year license will cost $88. You must have full payment on the day or you will not be able to participate.
You MUST change your brake fluid (high boiling point fluid is best). Check your brake rotors and pads, pump up your tyres to 40 psi, remove all loose equipment from your interior (before leaving home to save time) including the glove box, centre console, boot area and even your floor mats -everything can become a missile. Make sure your battery is tightly secured. Pre BA's will need a catch can for the water overflow. A 600ml coke bottle will do for most models.

The clothing requirements for the event are a long sleeved cotton shirt, long pants, closed shoes and an Australian Standards Approved helmet. A fire extinguisher is recommended, but not mandatory.
Spectators are welcome, but must be on their best behaviour or they will be asked to leave.
The Club trailer and esky’s will be there on the day and a sausage sizzle will be provided or you can BYO lunch as there are no food outlets close by. You may want to bring along some extra drinks in case we have a repeat of the scorcher of a day that we had last year!!"

zakit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2008, 10:51 PM   #2
UU TS50
T3 TS50 075

Im there already n lookin forward to it :

My car T3 TS50 #75 Blueprint manual 1/4 mile 13.38 @ 102.97 mph TS 50 = 237.1 rwkw
UU TS50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2008, 01:56 AM   #3
Elmo
Perth Falcons Admin

sucks for me i'll be out on site :( have a fun, safe day though you lucky buggas
Old 18-02-2008, 10:19 PM   #4
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakit
Just a 'little bit' of up-to-date info on the Driver Day!

"Our Driver Day at Barbagallo is fast approaching - Monday 3rd March 2008 - and we only have 17 spots left at this stage, so hurry and secure your spot with the Treasurer now! finance@fpvtickfordclubwa.com.au

Cost for this event is $175 per driver. There will be 6 instructors on the day and heaps more time out on the track compared to MC Motorsport! We will have the use of both the short and long tracks. We need 40 drivers to make this event happen and we will need full payment as soon as possible. The event has now been opened to family, friends, forum members (non-club) and other car clubs.
You will need to arrive at the Barbagallo entrance by 7.30am. We have the track booked from 8am-4pm, so would like to get the formalities over as quickly as possible so that we can get out on the track ASAP.

You will need a CAMS license to participate - either a day license or a year license - and the forms will be available to fill out on the day. A day license will cost $21 and a year license will cost $88. You must have full payment on the day or you will not be able to participate.
You MUST change your brake fluid (high boiling point fluid is best). Check your brake rotors and pads, pump up your tyres to 40 psi, remove all loose equipment from your interior (before leaving home to save time) including the glove box, centre console, boot area and even your floor mats -everything can become a missile. Make sure your battery is tightly secured. Pre BA's will need a catch can for the water overflow. A 600ml coke bottle will do for most models.

The clothing requirements for the event are a long sleeved cotton shirt, long pants, closed shoes and an Australian Standards Approved helmet. A fire extinguisher is recommended, but not mandatory.
Spectators are welcome, but must be on their best behaviour or they will be asked to leave.
The Club trailer and esky’s will be there on the day and a sausage sizzle will be provided or you can BYO lunch as there are no food outlets close by. You may want to bring along some extra drinks in case we have a repeat of the scorcher of a day that we had last year!!"
Could you please give me some details as I missed them. Arron ..Just read the post better, I think it has every thing I need , Try to get the day off and I will be there. F6 with 6 pot brembos here I come....
arronm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2008, 01:41 PM   #5
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

My ute will not be ready for this sorry... Next time

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Awsome power by XTREME FORD TUNING 500rwkw New ALLOY Block

Awesome exhaust by THE EXHAUST CENTRE MIDLAND

Awesome Kenne Bell Supercharger setup by AGRO! and Bluepower Racing Developments

Now with full DOT approval and Permitted for road use
superpursuit83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2008, 03:52 PM   #6
WARCHILD
Boo!

I did this day last year and had sooo much fun. It is well worth it.

Alas i will not be able to do it this year as I traded the XR8 for a new R-Spec Typhoon. I don't really want to take on the track this soon
Silhouette BFII Typhoon R Spec 6 spd Manual Sedan #045/300

Silhouette FGX XR8 6 spd Manual Sedan
WARCHILD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2008, 02:48 PM   #7
Quicksand
Lucky, lucky bastard!

last chance folks full payment is needed today if you would like to enter

Get in while you can as others have said it's a great experience!
Old 22-02-2008, 02:59 PM   #8
351@GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

tempted to put the brembo's back on and have a fang before i sell..... but i'm in the same boat as elmo... =\
351@GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2008, 10:53 PM   #9
OZQUAD44
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How did the day go. Did anyone do a write up? What cars were there? Times?
OZQUAD44 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2008, 02:19 AM   #10
congo t3
T3 TE50 Congo Green

i was there in a Pursuit Ute 1.16's i recall behind ba's with superchargers, and was i recall about 4th quickest with 320kw's out of my ba mk 2 pursuit 290kw ute. So i was happy and on the edge.
congo t3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post