Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-03-2023, 01:56 PM   #61
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Default Re: V Facts, February 2023

Ranger XL was the biggest selling model in the range this month. Didn't see that coming.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 06-03-2023, 05:01 PM   #62
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I really like the Jimny,

I really like Jimny at it's introductory price of $25K

Franco I am

I do not like Jimny at $40K

VDJ79 Jr I am
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 06-03-2023, 05:43 PM   #63
au2000
AKA "the other bloke"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Ranger XL was the biggest selling model in the range this month. Didn't see that coming.
Why not? There were heaps of em sitting about and the ads last month pushed the lower end models in ranger n Everest hard with the available now push..its good to see the promotion n availability worked
His: 2012 FG II GS, Vanish
His: 2003 BA GT-P, Lightening Strike
Jnr: 2002 AU III Falcon XR6 ST, 5 speed Blueprint & 1978 XC Fairmont Neptune Blue

Previous:
1976 HX 50th Anniversary Kingswood
2014 FGX G6E Turbo
1980 XD Falcon GL
2003 BA Falcon XR6
1991 EB Falcon S
1989 EA Fairmont
1982 XE Fairmont
1968 XT Falcon
au2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2023, 06:44 PM   #64
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Ranger 4x2 numbers steadily increasing month on month, prior to current model change over they were sitting around 200 a month.

If you were in charge of the Ranger 4x2 program you'd be happy because of a 300%+ increase in sales.

Also Fiesta and Focus long discontinued but they're still trickling in sales - must be orders being fulfilled.

Turkish Delight Transit Heavy is an absolute joke - 3 sales?
I just don't understand what is going on here....Australian should have received the E-Transit heavy last year. I can't believe only 3 got into the country because if they got in 300, they would have sold 300.....I might see if I can find how many were sold in Europe in Feb and work out what is actually being produced...in this case it's a pity the US doesn't build a RHD version and sadly in China, even though its LHD they build on the previous models platform with a redesigned front and interior dash.

Edit: Apparently Ford Australia paused taking orders for Transit Heavy in November 2022.
https://www.drive.com.au/news/2023-f...sed-australia/

Last edited by Dr Smith; 06-03-2023 at 06:49 PM.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2023, 06:56 PM   #65
hackney
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith View Post
I just don't understand what is going on here....Australian should have received the E-Transit heavy last year. I can't believe only 3 got into the country because if they got in 300, they would have sold 300.....I might see if I can find how many were sold in Europe in Feb and work out what is actually being produced...in this case it's a pity the US doesn't build a RHD version and sadly in China, even though its LHD they build on the previous models platform with a redesigned front and interior dash.

Edit: Apparently Ford Australia paused taking orders for Transit Heavy in November 2022.
I think other markets are prioritised over us.Ford would well know the figures on what light commercial figures are here.They would be well aware that the Hi-Ace is pretty well uncatchable.UK sells an awful lot of them, were Transit dominates that segment of the market.
Old 06-03-2023, 07:19 PM   #66
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
I don't get it either. I saw one parked near me a few weeks ago and just out of curiosity I looked in the back window to see how much room there was. Absolutely none. So if you genuinely used it for camping, 4 wheel driving etc you couldn't even carry anything in it. Couldn't even fit an esky in there. So what's the point? Just buy a small SUV like a CX3, Puma etc.
I’ve been camping in a Jimmy and they’re pretty great for it. And they go places a Puma and CX-3 wouldn’t. If you were taking kids then I wouldn’t say they’d be very useful, but for two people they’re enough.

And for $32,000 (what was paid for this particular one) there’s not much else out there that can do what it can.
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-03-2023, 08:38 PM   #67
CyberWasp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There is a 5 Door Jimny coming, but to me it seems unfortunate that it will be heavier and still have the same engine and gear box.
My tip is that the Tank300 when it arrives in petrol form will become the new Jimny as far as a budget off roader goes.
CyberWasp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2023, 08:49 PM   #68
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamz Ghia View Post
I’ve been camping in a Jimmy and they’re pretty great for it. And they go places a Puma and CX-3 wouldn’t. If you were taking kids then I wouldn’t say they’d be very useful, but for two people they’re enough.

And for $32,000 (what was paid for this particular one) there’s not much else out there that can do what it can.
Yep, this /\.

Many years ago I got stuck in Cunnamulla for a day until the dirt road (Blacksoil) dried out and we were picking on one of the local lads who had one. He talked me into going for ride. It was horribly basic and rough then to my horror he turned into a very wet paddock.

Then he stopped in the middle and laughed at the look on my face, put it back into gear did a U turn and drove out without a problem.

Seems all the cockies out there loved them, they're so light that they're really hard to get bogged and the only thing stopping them from going up steep hills on properties is when they fall over backwards

Last edited by GasoLane; 06-03-2023 at 09:30 PM.
GasoLane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 07-03-2023, 11:41 AM   #69
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by au2000
Why not? There were heaps of em sitting about and the ads last month pushed the lower end models in ranger n Everest hard with the available now push..its good to see the promotion n availability worked
Because the order banks are heavily skewed towards XLT, Sport, Wildtrak and Raptor. But yes, availability is the big thing atm. Fleets probably getting on board too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith

The E-Transit is seemingly taking forever. Looks like April is the on sale date though. But as with anything out of Europe, they get priority, and Transit is a massive seller over there.

Not sure what is going on atm, and whether we will actually get good supply or not.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post