Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 03-09-2022, 10:07 PM   #1
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Emery Cloth/Tape - Where in Sydney…

Crawling out from under my rock (again).

I don’t want some mixed grit pre-pack of emery cloth sheets, I don’t need a 50m roll. Where can I walk in, and find either loose sheets (120, 180) by the each, or meterage off the roll?

Amazed at how much of a hassle it’s becoming to get what I thought were commonplace consumables.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2022, 10:43 PM   #2
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Emery Cloth/Tape - Where in Sydney…

Supercheap have the individual sheets.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2022, 11:46 PM   #3
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I could only find W&D and No-Fil type papers in Supercheap’s online inventory.

Cheapest solution for P120 is probably a 75mm sanding belt stripped into three. Don’t think Bunnies go finer than that.

Have some heavily oxidised/corroded coolant spigots and want to clean them in-situ where access is poor (but removal risks more problems).
Old 04-09-2022, 10:03 AM   #4
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Not sure if this is any help but..................

https://www.plumberschoice.com.au/pr...per-pipe-1-2m/
Old 04-09-2022, 10:17 AM   #5
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Looks like drywall sanding mesh. You’ve given me two ideas (think I have this in P180 already) - some for the toolkit and also for the job to hand.

I can’t believe that Bunnings have shamelessly pivoted to pre-packed sandpaper, it’s like those “bargain bags” of fruit/veg where there’s always a hidden disappointment in quality or portions.
2 users like this post:
Old 04-09-2022, 11:11 AM   #6
Itsme
Experienced Member

Bunnings sell these type of cloth sanding sheets or you could try 3M Australia as they sell cloth sheets

https://www.bunnings.com.au/flexovit...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2022, 11:13 AM   #7
Electrolyte Burns

https://www.thesandpaperman.com.au/?...BoClzgQAvD_BwE
Electrolyte Burns is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2022, 07:07 PM   #8
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Fixed for $8.47, I bought a two-pack of sanding belts in the Big Green Shed. 75x610mm, stripped into three 25mm bands then cut at the joining tape.

3,6m total of 25mm wide P120 emery cloth strip; this works out at about double the meterage price if you buy a 50m roll, which is what I’d expect to pay if it were sold by the roll metre.

First job done; scraped, sanded all around, cleaned with Ali-Brite then rinsed, followed by a good wash with CT26 solution. Decided I could skip a transition to P180 for finishing. The questionable part has proved salvageable in situ as hoped.
This user likes this post: