Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-07-2016, 01:15 PM   #31
hackney
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Maybe Ford Aus can Learn from Nissan Aus ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamz Ghia View Post
As I posted, official price is $32490,but what the dealer does to move stock is up to him,it is still dearer than Qashqai(with less features.)And they have no prob's moving Qashqai's,wheris Kuga is a lot slower in the market place.So I should imagine they would be discounting to move stock.Don't get me wrong Kuga is a nice vehicle,but you start getting up to the high end models mid 40s to very low 50s(saw one at our local,$52,000,AWD) that is a lot of $s for a small SUV.Qashqai TI under $40000 fully loaded that is a big difference.You can see why they are selling so well.Cheers
Old 25-07-2016, 02:23 PM   #32
boss351290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well I thought I would leave the brand as well. I bought a nissan as well. A 2012 GTR. It's built good as well. I traded my 2015 xr8 in on it. I still love the falcons. Still have 4 of them in the garage. But that GTR is savage I must say .
boss351290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 25-07-2016, 04:55 PM   #33
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

By funding a racing program.
blackf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 26-07-2016, 07:13 AM   #34
hackney
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss351290 View Post
Well I thought I would leave the brand as well. I bought a nissan as well. A 2012 GTR. It's built good as well. I traded my 2015 xr8 in on it. I still love the falcons. Still have 4 of them in the garage. But that GTR is savage I must say .
What made you sell your XR8? Cheers
Old 28-07-2016, 01:36 AM   #35
FalconXV
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When I read this article I had a feeling it might've been about how Nissan still manufactures parts here...
FalconXV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 28-07-2016, 09:13 AM   #36
boss351290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I always wanted a r35 gtr. Was going to buy one a few years ago but pulled out and bought a new xr8 instead. This beautiful gun metalic grey gtr came for sale with low ks and full nissan service history serviced every 3000kms I couldn't say no. And best of all I got 90 percent of my money back on the xr8.
Go and drive a r35 gtr and you will know why I bought one.
boss351290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 28-07-2016, 01:51 PM   #37
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
Emery says the business case merited killing off the underperforming models "though I have no doubt some of our rural dealers will have a tear in their eyes over the Y61".

He says the short-term focus is to offset the projected loss of 6000 sales by improving sales of its Qashqai, X-Trail and Pathfinder SUVs.

Pathfinder is up around 500 (sales) a month.

"We don't need extra models in the market, we need to do a better job with the ones we've got," he says.

Emery cites rising Pathfinder sales and a backlog of orders for Y62 petrol Patrols as examples of how and where the brand can grow.

"I've said before I thought the Y62 was priced arrogantly (when it launched in 2013) … we did a disservice to that car. When we repositioned it (trimming $23,000 from the price), it took off and now we're having problems getting enough. My comment : Everest Titanium???

"Four years ago we were selling 250 Pathfinders a month and I was having to spend on promotions and incentives to do it. Now Pathfinder is up around 500 a month." http://www.carsguide.com.au/car-news...ustralia-40889
So a business that has grown 16% YTD June (Ford), should follow a business that has grown 2.5% YTD June(Nissan)? Seems like a strange idea to me!!
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2016, 06:07 PM   #38
SumoDog68
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619 View Post
So a business that has grown 16% YTD June (Ford), should follow a business that has grown 2.5% YTD June(Nissan)? Seems like a strange idea to me!!
Lies ,damn lies and statistics . YTD growth is just one of the parameters that performance is measured by , you can look at historical sales data , customer satisfaction , turnover or profit ,segment coverage ,customer retention etc.
Businesses normally don't just follow each other but rather compete and maybe learn from mistakes others make .
SumoDog68 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2016, 08:51 AM   #39
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Joe5619..my point was ""We don't need extra models in the market, we need to do a better job with the ones we've got," he says." ie Ford needs to do better with Fiesta, Focus, Mondeo, Kuga. Ranger is top seller and its advertised!! Havent seen an ad for the other models for a long time...
Old 31-07-2016, 07:38 AM   #40
hackney
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

"Rant" time! One reason I "jumped" to another manufacturer(Nissan in this case.) Two words "Quality & Reliability,"sick & tired with Fords & their issues & quality in this country(don't get me wrong really love the brand & have been "loyal" for more than 40 years.)EG: tranny woes ,build quality(fit & finish) My new Qashqai(which replaced my XR6 Ecolpi ute) runs rings around it in this dept(they are built in the UK at the Nissan's massive Sunderland plant,where they produce around 1200 odd ones a day.)It is even better finished off than my G6E, & in some ways a nicer vehicle to drive,never ever thought I would buy one these types of vehicles.Always thought I would be "loyal" forever,but....times are a changing.( for the better in the motor industry.) We really do have fantastic choice.It will take a lot to "pull" me back to the brand.(And really do not expect many issues with the Nissan)Cheers
Old 31-07-2016, 11:44 AM   #41
Davehoos
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

my local dealer is no longer a sales dealer because they sold less than 50 in a year. The parts come from a larger regional dealer.

On Saturday I needed a water pump gasket and oring for the AU.
The parts outlet was only open 8 to 5 weekdays. the after market parts out lets had water pump with and without pulley most without gaskets.
The local repco sold me the gasket kit out of the water pump kit, they told me they had stock on order.

An old bloke I was talking to purchased a mondeo trading in an well worn EL. Told me that he disappointed with the shopping center ground clearance and parkability.
Davehoos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post