Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 26-03-2006, 07:33 PM   #31
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

frinik, thats a good idea. Because I cann't to mine !!! I have tried several times.
csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2006, 10:51 PM   #32
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
frinik, thats a good idea. Because I cann't to mine !!! I have tried several times.
It does need a fair amount of persistance. just keep wiggling.

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2006, 12:23 AM   #33
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://www.eurofordclub.com/phpnuke/...howpage&pid=11
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2006, 11:16 AM   #34
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks for that, will keep tryin !!
csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2006, 08:41 AM   #35
kenneth_lks
Fiestata!!

what is the different between platinium and iridium spark plug? which is better?
kenneth_lks is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2009, 05:25 AM   #36
MR SVO
BLOWSVO

testing
MR SVO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2009, 06:58 AM   #37
Micksxboxmods
BF FPV GT-P Goodness.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
From the day i bought it the car has only ever sipped on either Shell Optimax or BP ultimate. Nothing but 98.

Also ive changed the oil (Shell Helix ultra) and oil filter (genuine FoMoCo item) 6 times now. Just part of my routine maintenance for the car. With only 19thousand kms on the car im Shocked that the spark plugs were so shagged, they were NOT long life plugs but still... one would expect more than 19 thousand kms.
6 oil changes in 19000km's, you serious??
Micksxboxmods is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2009, 08:47 AM   #38
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR SVO
testing
"Testing" what?

If you can actually still open a 3 year old thread ... :
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2009, 08:51 AM   #39
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

:

11/03/06

:
Interior: Colour-coded trims. ST leather gear knob w leather gaiter. Brushed Aluminium pedals. Scuff Plates.
Performance: Denso Iridium sparks. CAI. 2" cat-back with Hi-tech stainless muffler & dual chrome tips. Lowered. RSB soon!
zetec jim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2009, 02:15 PM   #40
Zetec Dave

A mate of mine had a set of decent aftermarket spark plug and leads installed on his 03 Astra Sri and somehow a part of the spark plug as I was told by him broke off and lodged itself in the engine and caused catastrophic damage. Anyway, long story short, it ended up costing him 5 grand to get the engine rebuilt.
Zetec Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2009, 11:19 AM   #41
NudgE^SIKBRO
Never late with a V8

Just to add to that, BA XR8's, GT's and 3V V8's are prone to braking spark plugs upon removal...

(Daily)2004 Explorer V8 Limited
(Work) 2014 Kenworth K200 Aerodyne
(Classic) 1969 Mini K, 1340, twin SU's
The beginning is near!!!

Body by Ford. Soul by NudgE
NudgE^SIKBRO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2009, 12:30 PM   #42
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

Right, so i know its an old thread. but i changed my sparks over a little early (i think service manual says @ 90,000kms, mines done 83,000) and it was well worth while!!!!!!

i had the same issue as some other, sparks were corroded and all sorts of crap was scraping off.:

sorry bout crappy photo

The denso iridiums are well worth it, and although most of the smoothness now is probably due to just having new sparks, it feels stronger as the revs grow and reckon the denso's are playing a part in that.

The leads and sparks themselves weren't that hard to take out:

1. unplug the leads on the spark line-up side keeping the leads connected to the distributor (near the battery) if you're upgrading them too.

2. take em out using a socket wrench with a rubber insert to keep the spark in the wrench.

3. gap the new spark-plug ends using a gapper tool (i think WP spark gap is 1.3mm) if they're not already gapped (there should be some tolerance, but try to get them close to manufacturer spec.

4. replace with the newies (tightening to the correct torque if you have the right wrench, otherwise just tightly....don't over do it.

(you can give the engine insides a good clean with the new sparks in with a compressed air gun, i wish i did cos there was a huge amount of fine rust everywhere)

5. plug on the leads again, and if you're putting new leads in too, make sure you have the correct order (ie do them one at a time, otherwise they won't fire at the correct time)

DONE!

before you start worrying because its not starting, if you have trouble firing it up again, just give it a little gas when you turn the ignition over....
Interior: Colour-coded trims. ST leather gear knob w leather gaiter. Brushed Aluminium pedals. Scuff Plates.
Performance: Denso Iridium sparks. CAI. 2" cat-back with Hi-tech stainless muffler & dual chrome tips. Lowered. RSB soon!
Old 08-06-2009, 01:07 PM   #43
Twinpiston
Finally rollin on 20's

They look about the same as mine were when I cleaned them a week ago.

I tried to buy the Denso Iridiums, went to Toyota and they didn't sell Denso!!!!

Can you give the exact model of the plugs, and did you go to the Toyota dealer?

Cheers
K&N, F6 Snorkel, Debung, 20" Enix Turbine in Gunmetal, 7 seat rear springs.
Twinpiston is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2009, 06:35 PM   #44
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

yeah mate, i just got em from a guy in the uk off ebay. FSTAutomotive on ebay.co.uk or just search ITV16 or denso fiesta.

The actual part number i have on my box is:

ITV16#4
5338#4

ITV16 is the main one i think.

they weren't cheap at 40 pounds, but they came pretty quick, about a week to post.
Old 09-06-2009, 10:58 AM   #45
curik

i got them from rockauto, it's just simply the best place to source for parts. I paid US32 for the plugs and $16 for Fedex Intl Priority (arrived in 3 days). Considering the dollar has gone back to .8 it makes it even cheaper.
curik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2009, 11:34 AM   #46
AUIIForte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micksxboxmods
6 oil changes in 19000km's, you serious??

Exactly what I was thinking!
AUIIForte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2009, 11:31 PM   #47
Fi-Fi
Starter Motor

Default Useful info on plugs...

Hi All,

Our Fiesta too has had rusted plugs, they all do it, without fail, just search the net. I mentioned to Ford service on very rare visit ( we had an EAC fault which had to go to the dealer), "really?, the first i have heard of it" he says in a I dont believe you kinda tone.

The other thing that happens when they are worn is some tracking of the spark. I had read a post from a person who had watched it happen while his engine had a slight misfire (with rusted plugs). Our engine too had the same thing on inspection.

Anyway, no point spending big $ on Denso etc, as they will rust too long before they reach their lifespan.

You can purchase Bosch Platinum Plus for the Fiesta, at around $23 a set. They have a 50k lifespan, but with any plug you put in, will need to be changed at about 25k tops due to rust.
Fi-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2009, 11:43 PM   #48
Ben85

I'll check mine if i get a chance, but i've had my Denso's in for over 50000kms and have had no such problem, misfire etc. Mind u i have also changed my leads.

Interior:- MOMO Blue Leather Gear Knob, Window tint, Scuff Plates, ST Black & Blue Leather seats, Soundstream Amp & 5x7 speakers, Sony Headunit, Pioneer sub & Amp.

Under the Hood:- Superchips ECU Flash Tune, Denso Iridium plugs, KV85 Magnecor Leads, BMC CDA Induction.

Exterior:- Spoiler, clear side repeaters, Lowered (35mm) King Springs, Whiteline 22mm Rear sway bar, 2" cat back exhaust with a dual conversion, Konig 17" Hotswap with Kumho Rubber, HID's.
Ben85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2009, 11:55 PM   #49
Fi-Fi
Starter Motor

Interesting to hear your plugs are fine... makes me think it could be a cheap plug issue.

The tracking was also with the Motorcraft plugs, cyclinder 1. You will know if your engine is misfiring, if it is, have a look at night.

I havent had it since changing plugs and leads.
Fi-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post