Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 16-11-2006, 10:06 PM   #1
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Bling returning..... + extras!!!

Ok guys have a few goodies on the way, just spent $1,100 today on stuff for the car, and they are as follows...

2 new tyres on the 20's, so I now have 4 of them with brand new tyres and also balanced and shcmick, plus an exta with a little damage and a half worn tyre that's going to be used as a feature as a full sized spare in a custom boot install....

Camber kit has been ordered and is on the way, i've been told it could take up to 3 or 4 weeks, when it arrives i will have the rear camber adjusted and a full alignment

and black lexus taillights and fogs ordered today with shipping expected to be 1 - 2 weeks

http://www.european-parts.net/catalo...roducts_id=523
http://www.european-parts.net/catalo...roducts_id=500

will keep everyone posted as things arrive, the 20's will only go back on when the camber kit is here and ready to go in so i don't chew out tyres like before

Zetec20 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2006, 10:13 PM   #2
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Nice!!!!!!

i cant wait the car will look SCHMIK!!!!!

have you done anything with the Head lights?

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2006, 10:37 PM   #3
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

got the proper zetec headlights in a box on the floor next to me...
Old 16-11-2006, 11:17 PM   #4
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Iz good. I like
Piotr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2006, 03:29 PM   #5
BlackLS

Looking forward to seeing this in flesh
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2006, 06:47 PM   #6
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetec20
Camber kit has been ordered and is on the way, i've been told it could take up to 3 or 4 weeks, when it arrives i will have the rear camber adjusted and a full alignment
So just like the Fiestas, you cant do wheel alignment on the rear ones? (w/o the camber kit).
Also where can we get good camber kit?
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2006, 08:39 PM   #7
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

pedders are good for pretty much anything, ask them
Old 18-11-2006, 01:34 AM   #8
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

The camber kit is just a new bolt, washers, spacer and nuts that form to make an adjustable kit. They don't come in kits specific to cars but rather kits specific to bolt size.

They go for around $150 each(pair). But I would pay extra to get a high quality kit.
Old 18-11-2006, 08:41 AM   #9
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

Please excuse this next question(s) because I dont know... hence I ask.

If the car didnt come with a camber kit, why would you need one installed? What benefits does it provide?

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2006, 12:25 PM   #10
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

It allows you to adjust camber angle. Issac is getting it becuase he has lowered his car and has excessive negative camber on the rear and its eating the tyres so its to fix it.
Old 18-11-2006, 09:18 PM   #11
BlackLS

Think of when you lower (push down really hard on) a matchbox car, see how the wheels have excessive camber.

;)
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2006, 12:25 AM   #12
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

Ah yes.. thanks guys. I had forgotten that his car was lowered. Thats why I was wondering what use a camber kit would have on a stock setup LOL

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
Old 19-11-2006, 12:23 PM   #13
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yep low is right!

with the 16's currently on it at the moment the front bar has about 3 inches clearance....
Old 20-11-2006, 12:29 AM   #14
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

My brothers previous car had king superlows with a couple coils chopped off em.

A coke can was lying on its side and he drove over it and it got stuck under his front bumper. ha ha ha.

Isaac, careful you dont hit a pebble and scrape your bumper !! cant wait to see the new goodies
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2006, 12:32 AM   #15
Lonesta
XR5 eater...=P

Once hit a big white bucket on the highway at 100...my car isnt even lowered and the stupid thing got stuck under it...also great way to scare the shit outta the gf.
Lonesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2006, 01:23 AM   #16
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

^^^ OMG.

Damage?
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2006, 01:35 AM   #17
Lonesta
XR5 eater...=P

None luckly, but bent the bucket (chlorine type big **** heavy thing) in half and was wedged under the damn car, thank god it was empty.
Lonesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2006, 06:00 PM   #18
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: This member has made a few valuable contributions to the Forum in the Focus section, seems to know exactly what he is talking about with his posts, which are helpful and concise. 

...Speaking of bling - I added some to my car today. Pics to come in the next few days (hint: it was on the rear somewhere...)
Lower airbox removed, K&N Panel filter
Momo gear knob + boot + pedals, Ghia boot garnish, Zetec Chrome interior door handles
JVC KW-XR816 Headunit + more to come...

#Russ#Es# is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2006, 07:20 PM   #19
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

exhaust tip? :P
Old 20-11-2006, 07:56 PM   #20
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: This member has made a few valuable contributions to the Forum in the Focus section, seems to know exactly what he is talking about with his posts, which are helpful and concise. 

Higher
Momo gear knob + boot + pedals, Ghia boot garnish, Zetec Chrome interior door handles

Old 20-11-2006, 08:22 PM   #21
1lifeliveit
Focus is my middle name

Talking

wiper insert? :evil_laug

3 door, Panther Black, Manual, 17" MP3 Alloys, SVT Airbox with K&N panel filter, SVT Snorkel, Leather Gear Knob and Steel Handbrake Cover, ST170 pedals, ST170 Lower grille, CFM UDP

Not too soon : Focus sport/Borla Exhaust, Throttle body

1lifeliveit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2006, 08:36 PM   #22
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lifeliveit
wiper insert? :evil_laug
My Focus is a sedan (as per pic), so no...I wish my latest mod was that simple to make!

Old 20-11-2006, 09:29 PM   #23
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

Gold Ford Badge? lol

Old 20-11-2006, 09:40 PM   #24
raymon81

A spoiler?
Lowered 30-35mm King springs, Custom leather interior, Polished standard 17s rims, Cadance monoblock amplifier and Alpine Type S sub woofer, clear reverse+fog+tail lights, Angel eyes and a few CHROMEEEEEE bits on my baby.
raymon81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2006, 10:22 PM   #25
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

No and no.

Lets just say I haven't seen anyone here do it to a LS yet...it doesn't involve badges

Old 20-11-2006, 10:43 PM   #26
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

New lights?

Old 20-11-2006, 10:47 PM   #27
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Nope. Getting closer (on the car) but not lights...

The part involved in this mod can be ordered from any Ford dealer too (its a Focus part)

Old 20-11-2006, 11:00 PM   #28
raymon81

tow bar? lol reverse sensors? ok spit it out! your making this topic look good by all the replys lol
Lowered 30-35mm King springs, Custom leather interior, Polished standard 17s rims, Cadance monoblock amplifier and Alpine Type S sub woofer, clear reverse+fog+tail lights, Angel eyes and a few CHROMEEEEEE bits on my baby.
raymon81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2006, 11:05 PM   #29
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

You've installed a wiper on the sedan? lol

Old 20-11-2006, 11:12 PM   #30
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Its a 'simple' mod..ie, not a huge change to look at, but alot of work to do it...

My Focus now has the chrome boot garnish from the Ghia...took a couple hours to install, but looks the goods