Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-02-2011, 05:46 PM   #61
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP
The Glass panel and the roof actually line up OK..the picture has skewed the lines slightly. The issue is more the felt seal not sitting flush with the glass and the roof.
I had my sunroof glass replaced today by Webasto at Kirrawee..No problem with glass and/or felt not sitting flush with the roof
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2011, 05:59 PM   #62
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT0132
I had my sunroof glass replaced today by Webasto at Kirrawee..No problem with glass and/or felt not sitting flush with the roof
Good to hear.

Can you take some pics and post em up as a comparison ?
I really want to make sure mine is also 100% spot on with the seal.

Would be good for Paul from Prestige to see the differences as well........

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2011, 09:42 AM   #63
PrestigeSunroof
Starter Motor

Default Re Sunroof seal

There is ceratainly a manufacturing difference in the glass panel. I guess there should be considering we are changing them!

All the new glass panels share that same characteristic and while we have not measured them as yet, they feel thicker. This may explain the increased step down to the seal.

It is not a problem, just a different look. If you have any more concerns, please come on down and I'll be happy to take a look at it with you,

Cheers, Paul
PrestigeSunroof is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2011, 01:02 PM   #64
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrestigeSunroof
All the new glass panels share that same characteristic and while we have not measured them as yet, they feel thicker. This may explain the increased step down to the seal.

It is not a problem, just a different look. If you have any more concerns, please come on down and I'll be happy to take a look at it with you,

Cheers, Paul
Thanks Paul - may drop in and see you.

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Old 16-02-2011, 03:11 PM   #65
jlr
Starter Motor

Default I'm worried

Like some others on this forum,I am concerned about letting Ford handle the recall on Hollandier sunroofs.With this in mind I registered 'thru the web with Webasto so as to keep away from Ford.After the claim is submitted there is a list of Webasto dealers to contact for repair.For me it was Webasto in Kirrawee in Sydney.I rang them to make an appointment but after they checked the serial number they told me it is facory fitted and I will have to go 'thru Ford.I expressed my concern but was told I'm not alone as many other people,including Holden owners,don't want to go to the dealer for rectification.
I have since been to my local Ford dealer and am now even more concerned.I have not received any recall letter so far from Ford.When I enquired at the local Ford service department the receptionist said she knew nothing about it and referred me to another person.First he said he hasn't heard of the recall then he said he is waiting for parts to come in then he said he doesn't know what the problem with the sunroof is anyway.Well the car is booked in for whenever (they will ring me) but I am very dissapointed.I wish Webasto could do the job as I have no confidence in Ford service.
jlr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2011, 03:15 PM   #66
GTJOHN
Ford 4 Life

Mine is booked in with Cumberland Ford this Friday, hopefully they do a good job...
I rang Webasto Hollandia and i have to admit they were very helpfull and steered me in the right direction..credit to them, very polite and informative..i gave them my serial number and she found right away it was factory install and nominated Ford dealers in my area to call ...and she also told me to ensure they DO NOT try and charge and if any issues to call her again..good customer service so ill give credit where it is due

2nd Car - AU Falcon ,
Black Tickford wheels and Bodykit

---------------------------------------------------
GTJOHN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2011, 09:33 PM   #67
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP
Good to hear.

Can you take some pics and post em up as a comparison ?
I really want to make sure mine is also 100% spot on with the seal.

Would be good for Paul from Prestige to see the differences as well........
Here's one...The pic actually looks as if its not flush but it is -

2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
Old 16-02-2011, 10:06 PM   #68
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Here's one...The pic actually looks as if its not flush but it is -

Thanks Pete

Here's mine again :

Looks like your felt seal also sits lower on the glass , similar to mine. Mine just looks more exacerbated as its more of a close up shot.
My main grievance is that you can see the glass edge - I would have thought the felt seal should sit flush with the top glass edge.
I think I'll get prestige to re set the glass panel so that it sits a tad lower in the rear - that should hopefully line it up a bit better ?........not sure how the felt seal can be fixed though.

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Old 17-02-2011, 09:11 AM   #69
PrestigeSunroof
Starter Motor

Basically the felt seal is what it is. It cannot be changed.

When we install a glass, we usually set the frnt a little lower than the bezel and the rear a little higher. It is our experience that this provides the quietest ride as it diminishes "wind rush" noise.

Happy to set the glass a little lower on request though, we want you happy!
Old 17-02-2011, 04:20 PM   #70
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrestigeSunroof
Basically the felt seal is what it is. It cannot be changed.

When we install a glass, we usually set the frnt a little lower than the bezel and the rear a little higher. It is our experience that this provides the quietest ride as it diminishes "wind rush" noise.

Happy to set the glass a little lower on request though, we want you happy!
Thanks Paul.....yep....a little lower on the rear side of the glass would be good so it sits flush with the roof line. What's the best way to get this done......book it in again ??

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Old 20-02-2011, 09:40 PM   #71
fgtpsi

Glad I found this,mine looks to be affected! going to call webasto tomorrow and see how I go. Mine was fitted by ultracool sunroofs & trimming in hawthorn,organised by ford id say by looking at the dates. Does anybody know if it will be them i will have to take it back to? or can i get it done elsewhere? Hawthorns a bit far!

Cheers Mark
Old 23-02-2011, 07:58 AM   #72
jlr
Starter Motor

Has anyone had their sunroof fixed by a Ford dealer yet?If so how long did it take and is the end result OK?
jlr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2011, 08:28 AM   #73
DashXR6T
Dash FG XR6T

guys, are Au's part of this recall?
The New: FG XR6 Turbo in Dash:Sunroof, Custom Exhaust with Quad 3.5" Tips, Xr8 Bonnet, 20"GT Rims, Lowered on SSSL & SSL King Springs. Growler Intake, 30% Tint, Viper 2 Way Alarm, Philips Diamond Vision 5000K Headlights&Foggies

The Old AU Series III Fairmont Ghia, Sunroof, Leather, Prem Sound, Lowered On SSSL+SSL King Springs,Tint,19" BF Super Pursuit Rims, 6000K HID's, 2.5 Inch Exhaust+Twin Tips. Fairlane Chrome Mirrors.
System:Alpine Dvd Player, 2x12" Alpine TyreR Subs, Pioneer Mono Amp.
DashXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2011, 09:36 AM   #74
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

spoke to local dealer and heres what was told - its a "by letter" type of recall and I updated the owner details with ford and I will be mailed, also even if they get my car in they can't fix it as the parts to do the repair are currently "unavailable", so until they can get their hands on the parts to fix it they can't, now I come on here to get the skinny and I see at least two cars repaired, not by Ford of course anybody think the delay is due to Ford service guys not knowing how to do this and as a result they need to teach them or something?

my cars affected, factory install of the sunroof as ordered by the original owner. What the ford dealer did find is the rear brake line issue hadn't been attended to on my car (this really made me angry - slack ex owner) I have had that done now but, Ford did it yesterday

Holden special vehicles - for special people
mrbaxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2011, 09:56 AM   #75
XM-coupe

Hey guys

I am curious to know how this process works. I mean I went on the website and filled out the claim form online. Now do I wait to hear back or should I be booking it in myself because I havnt heard anything as yet and its been a few weeks

Thanks
XM-coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2011, 10:59 AM   #76
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ring them on 1800 450 755

They can confirm your details are in the system and fill in any blanks they may have.
rag top is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2011, 11:15 AM   #77
GavL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XM-coupe
Hey guys

I am curious to know how this process works. I mean I went on the website and filled out the claim form online. Now do I wait to hear back or should I be booking it in myself because I havnt heard anything as yet and its been a few weeks

Thanks
They won't call you back, you need to call them. You could also just call the number of one of the places on the list given to you after filling out the form and take it to there.

BAII XR6 in SHOCKWAVE
5SP Manual | Sports Leather Seats | Premium Sound | Dual Zone Climate Control | Sunroof | Reverse Sensors | 18" XR8 Wheels | XR6T Exhaust | Lowered | XR6T Intake | GT Steering Wheel

AUIII XR8 in NAROOMA BLUE
Info to come soon!
GavL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2011, 12:57 PM   #78
GTJOHN
Ford 4 Life

I had my BA booked in at Cumberland Ford last Friday , i dropped it of in the morning , then when i rang them to see if it was done, they told me mine had a bigger than standard (850- as opposed to 800 ..i think) , they have to order the frame and glass from melbourne they told me...Whilst it was there they changed my brake lines as per a previous recall which had not been done... has the sunroof size issue affected anyone else on here im curious to know....

2nd Car - AU Falcon ,

Old 23-02-2011, 03:11 PM   #79
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTJOHN
I had my BA booked in at Cumberland Ford last Friday , i dropped it of in the morning , then when i rang them to see if it was done, they told me mine had a bigger than standard (850- as opposed to 800 ..i think) , they have to order the frame and glass from melbourne they told me...Whilst it was there they changed my brake lines as per a previous recall which had not been done... has the sunroof size issue affected anyone else on here im curious to know....
found the same with mine (the brakes not the size thing) they did the brake lines and cannot get the parts required to do the sunroof how come some dealers can "get the parts" and some can't wtf is up with that

Old 23-02-2011, 03:31 PM   #80
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTJOHN

That seems to suggest that your sunroof is an aftermarket fitment as the factory roof in the B series was the Hollandia 700,

If that's the case you could possibly deal directly with Webasto at Kirrawee and wait 15 mins while they fit it rather than being dicked around by a Ford dealer

Old 23-02-2011, 07:04 PM   #81
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

didnt bother with Ford dealer had mine done last week by a sunroof place in SA....
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2011, 10:09 PM   #82
Miss_Aly
Queen Bee

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the work on cruises and the money raised for charity. 

I had my sunroof installed last Monday 15th Feb, now I get 'The Letter' from FORD today stating the recall.

Here is what the letter states for your information

Dear valued customer,

Our records indicate that you are the purchaser of the Ford Falcon, Fairlane, LTD or FPV vehicle.

We are recalling your vehicle because there is a possibility, under certain conditions, that the glass panel of the sunroof fitted to your vehicle could separate from the glass panel frame and dislodge from the vehicle.

To correct this condition, your authorised Ford dealer will replace your vehicle's sunroof glass panel.

Please contact your authorised Ford dealer as soon as possible to arrange for your vehicle to be rectified. This service will be performed free of charge (parts and labour). If you do not already have a servicing Ford dealer, you can access the ford website at www.ford.com.au to locate your nearest Authorised Ford dealer and their contact details.

Until the Safety Recall Service is completed the vehicle should be driven with caution and at moderate speed.

Should you require further information, any Authorised Ford dealer will be happy to assist you, or alternatively, you may contact the Ford customer relationship centre by calling the toll free number 1800 503 672

We apologise for any inconvenience and trust that your vehicle continues tto provide an enjoyable driving experience.

Yours faithfully
Ford Motor Company Of Australia Limited
Miss_Aly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2011, 08:21 AM   #83
PrestigeSunroof
Starter Motor

Hi Mis_Aly,

We are assured by Webasto that the Sunroofs manufactured after Dec 2009 have the new generation bonding on the glass panel.

I can also assure you that the sunroofs we have been installing lately all have the new generation glass being installed during the recall.

I don't know your location, but your installer will be able to povide confirmation.

Please be aware also that some car dealers are offering a greater level of customer care by being proactive and contacting the customers they have sold cars to also.

hope this helps, Paul
Old 24-02-2011, 09:33 AM   #84
fatxagt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I rang the sunroof centre and tried hard to convince them to do it and the are sure they cant. New oak ford say they will have the part next week and im booked in. Fingers crossed its hassle free! Its a shame that theres not so much faith in the dealer network.

Need a Windscreen? www.windscreensmelbourne.com.au
fatxagt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2011, 12:24 PM   #85
cool65
carefactor zero

I just rang New Oak Ford service (Clayton), Coffey Ford service (Hallam), Knox Ford service (Rowville). None of these have done any sunroofs and they have a few name but parts are in short supply. One replied they were only informed of recall 3 days ago. Rang Ford Customer Relationship Centre from recall letter who said "we are not doing this, ring a dealership". Rang Webasto in Sydney and basically pleaded that I cannot get satisfaction by going through Ford and was told to bad, it is a ford factory fit and MUST be done with them. Not Happy Jan!!
cool65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2011, 02:19 PM   #86
ROLLI
KEEPUP

I received a letter yesterday also. I dont really wanna take mine to a dealer lol
But I guess it beats the glass flying out!
Old 24-02-2011, 09:24 PM   #87
Bigkeels

I had mine done at Prestige Sunroofs a few weeks back, and mine was a factory ford fit. I rang 2 ford dealers and none of them had even heard of the recall (this was when it first came out)

As Paul from Prestige said, its ok to take your car to them if the sunroof is "not" working. ;)

Took them about 40 mins and its perfect. Ford wanted the car for 2 days..
Bigkeels is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2011, 08:23 AM   #88
PrestigeSunroof
Starter Motor

Default Sunroof Recall

In times like this, common sense needs to prevail.

This is a safety recall and as such there should be no delays in having action taken.

The aftermarket installers have the glass panels and more sunroof know how than you will find anywhere.

As much as this recall is a severe impost on our businesses, I think it is fool hardy to delay over a beurocratic maze.

As I have stated before, if your sunroof is "not" working, it can come to us. We just need a refferring dealer.

We, (the aftermarket installers) are the best equipped to take care of this. It is only the quantity of roofs to be done and our locations that cause the problem. I beleive it was felt that the dealer network for Holden & Ford will be able to better serve the customer. Problem is, we are seeing a number of broken mechanisms and this unneccesary delay in replacing glass panels.

Prestige will take a common sense approach
Old 25-02-2011, 09:27 AM   #89
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think that because my car has changed hands and I am not the original purchaser they are giving me the "eff off" type of treatment, if the panel flies off it won't kill me but the poor sod who is driving along behind me, they will not be pleased

Old 25-02-2011, 03:17 PM   #90
GTJOHN
Ford 4 Life

Quote:
That seems to suggest that your sunroof is an aftermarket fitment as the factory roof in the B series was the Hollandia 700,

If that's the case you could possibly deal directly with Webasto at Kirrawee and wait 15 mins while they fit it rather than being dicked around by a Ford dealer
It is a Hollandia 700 , which and the serial number i gave to webasto hotline said it was a factory fitten unit so had to go to Ford..yesterday i also got the letter from FORD to recall the roof... so not sure why they said the size was larger ????

2nd Car - AU Falcon ,