Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 24-03-2020, 07:29 PM   #511
Pis-ton broke
Banned

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Hammer down and don't look back.
i think the correct term is "hunker down"
its not hammer time mate
This user likes this post:
Old 24-03-2020, 07:33 PM   #512
CJR09
RPO 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by five 7 View Post
Your Govt might want to take a look at how we are getting through this in NZ, Total lock down of all the country from midnight tomorrow for a month, all employees qualify for $585 per week x12, issued in one lump plus a six month mortgage/interest freeze if you require. They are also talking about offering business loans over three years to keep them afloat, not a fan of Jacinda and co but they seem to be handling this well.
I cant even begin to try and explain the psychological effect this had on myself and family

Relief, Faith idk, a certain reassurance?

With the measures that have been put in place by the nz govco we should hopefully peak in 14-17 days time at about 2500 infected and with a bit of luck taper away from there

We have 500 respirators available in nz currently, i think the govco has essentially reverse engineered the situation to ensure the health system cannot be overwhelmed so kudos to them if that is indeed the case - only time will tell

Plenty of my clients have laid off or made redundant up to 80% of their work forces with so much business reliant on tourism

For the greater good we all hope to hit it running in a couple months time - those same clients however have also said it will be up to 2 yrs before they get back to any sort of normality due to a lack of confidence

Q: If you have tried to sell it three times now and it is still not sold, do you think it might be over-priced?

A: It is over priced - just like all the other falcon coupes for sale!!

4 users like this post:
Old 24-03-2020, 07:43 PM   #513
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
There is no plan...

They are just making it up as they go.

And put out so many contradictory statements it leaves people confused and angry.

They have offered all this wonderful stimulus - that is impossible to get.

They have said that you can claim part of your super - but not till half way through April.

They said that the MyGov site crashed due to hackers - then finally admitted it was just overwhelmed.

They said Kids should go to school - but should also stay home.

They said that you can do everything online for Centrelink - but can only get your CRN by calling a number that will cut you off after asking for an operator.

They said they are doing all they can - but are happy to make any financial help near impossible to get so that you are 1 foot in the grave before you get your help.

They said that they will extend Centrelink hours - yet the area I tried to call said the office was closed at 5:15 and to call back tomorrow.

When stuff like this happens to the masses it puts the Government on show as to how inefficient and backwards their systems are.

Where are the preparations for mass treatment when needed? Oh, that's right they will wait till there are people on stretchers in the hospital car parks before doing that.

Where is the call for ex-centrelink workers to return?

Bloody joke....
All accurate.

Scomo is too busy trying to reassure his future position by vote buying to look at what should be done, throwing the offer of money at people in the hope that some of them will repay the favour, all smoke and mirrors.

That might explain why pensioners aren't getting any extra, lower chance of a return on investment...
2 users like this post:
Old 24-03-2020, 07:47 PM   #514
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yep your Govt (pollies) are dropping the ball big time, ours were a bit slow to start but sacked up and made some real hard decisions, what they have done makes the future not so bleak, this is a time critical problem. Wife has family in UK, they have said its starting to get pretty grim there. They are looking at 12 week lockdown.
Old 24-03-2020, 07:58 PM   #515
CJR09
RPO 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by five 7 View Post
Yep your Govt (pollies) are dropping the ball big time, ours were a bit slow to start but sacked up and made some real hard decisions, what they have done makes the future not so bleak, this is a time critical problem. Wife has family in UK, they have said its starting to get pretty grim there. They are looking at 12 week lockdown.
Ditto - i am very thankful for my wife and her knowledge and position in local govco as strategy and policy manager - we have been prepared for almost a month now and thankfully were able to convey the message to her parents in Britain who as over 70yr olds have been self isolating as a preventative measure for the last couple of weeks and are well prepared

Stay safe and healthy!!

Just as a by the by - prior to the anouncements yesterday nz was statistically tracking worse than italy for the same amount of time after 1st case, Australia for whatever reason possibly seasonal temp related has fared a little better - if i can find a link to the graph i will post cheers

See graph half way down:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/hea...land-and-otago

Q: If you have tried to sell it three times now and it is still not sold, do you think it might be over-priced?

A: It is over priced - just like all the other falcon coupes for sale!!

Last edited by CJR09; 24-03-2020 at 08:15 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 24-03-2020, 08:07 PM   #516
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Quote:
There is no plan...

And put out so many contradictory statements it leaves people confused and angry.

They have said that you can claim part of your super - but not till half way through April.

They said that the MyGov site crashed due to hackers - then finally admitted it was just overwhelmed.

They said that you can do everything online for Centrelink - but can only get your CRN by calling a number that will cut you off after asking for an operator.

They said they are doing all they can - but are happy to make any financial help near impossible to get so that you are 1 foot in the grave before you get your help.

They said that they will extend Centrelink hours - yet the area I tried to call said the office was closed at 5:15 and to call back tomorrow.

When stuff like this happens to the masses it puts the Government on show as to how inefficient and backwards their systems are.

Where are the preparations for mass treatment when needed? Oh, that's right they will wait till there are people on stretchers in the hospital car parks before doing that.

Bloody joke....
And you forgot the “best” bit...

They’ve had 6-8 weeks with literally unlimited resources available to plan a sensible soft landing ... and instead it is a total cluster.

A half hearted lockdown.
An extra 1-2 million people without work.
Probably a trillion dollar deficit.
Unintended businesses closing down.
State governments in revolt.
Share market carnage.

And the virus is still out of control with no forecast end date.. FMS!
Old 24-03-2020, 08:09 PM   #517
XC-351

Quote:
There is no plan...

Bloody joke....
While i complete understand you point and can appreciate what your saying, what good is money when we are sick.

Stimulus Packages, Double Benefit Payments, etc all good and well (once your actually able to receive them... but what plan is that, its a plan to keep the economy alive before keeping humans alive
Old 24-03-2020, 08:24 PM   #518
Pis-ton broke
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
All accurate.

Scomo is too busy trying to reassure his future position by vote .....
did you hear his Winston Churchill speech yesterday.
i didn,t know weather to sit or stand.

but i,m glad we don,t have bill running the joint.
3 users like this post:
Old 24-03-2020, 08:48 PM   #519
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pis-ton broke View Post
did you hear his Winston Churchill speech yesterday.
i didn,t know weather to sit or stand.

Couldn't really do a JFK and ask not what your country could do for you whilst throwing billions of dollars at the voting public.
Old 24-03-2020, 08:55 PM   #520
XByoot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Well today my work asked a 3rd person to take leave as things have slowed down. Im probably the next as i have the most leave accrued. The project managers wife got laid off after 20 years service with the same company as a sales person. My apprentices mum got laid off, and so did my mate who rents a place off me. Its all getting too real too fast with how the economy has been hit.
The other thing I hope your works looks at is age and health issues of who it lays off. Some of the older folks here put their hands up, totally reasonable . Any smokers might be not the best either given the respiratory risks.
Old 24-03-2020, 09:00 PM   #521
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav View Post
The pension for a couple is about $630 each a fortnight.

They will get a one off payment of $750 each

The dole has just been doubled for a single person to about $1100 fortnight
That's like close to only $400 less than I was getting paid per fortnight gross as a fully qualified LV auto electrician in 2014
Old 24-03-2020, 09:03 PM   #522
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
That's like close to only $400 less than I was getting paid per fortnight gross as a fully qualified LV auto electrician in 2014
Not bad. Why do we bother slaving away. I reckon I could live on $550 a week.

6 users like this post:
Old 24-03-2020, 09:05 PM   #523
hayseed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Factor in the concessions/entitlements the Dole recipient gets, & there's not much in It..!!! i would reckon..
5 users like this post:
Old 24-03-2020, 09:13 PM   #524
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xahh View Post
I can't find any information regarding what I need to do driving back to Adelaide from the NT next week. SAPOL and other government websites are not very helpful at all. All I want to know is whether I can travel all the way home to self isolate or if I'm required to stop at the first roadhouse with accommodation or town and spend my 14 days?
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-...pread/12085676

"Police officers will be approaching vehicles as they come through the checkpoint and speaking to the occupants of the vehicle, obtaining their details and providing them with a notification in relation to their obligations," he said.
"[They're required to] go straight to an address they nominate where they can self-quarantine for 14 days. No other person is able to enter that residence unless they live there or for emergency reasons.
"They'll have to rely on friends, family or other support if they rely on goods or services during that quarantine."
Old 24-03-2020, 09:15 PM   #525
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

What about if you have NO friends.

Nizpro equipped and Tuned by the BEST in the west
Xtreme Ford Tuning

479RwKw Fuel limited, more pumps and power too come.

F6#0507 & #0639 Pro racer and Tech expert

NIZPRO modifying falcons like Premcar can only dream of , see VIDEO below.
https://youtu.be/oa4IfguGQ-A
4 users like this post:
Old 24-03-2020, 09:18 PM   #526
XByoot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Plane with 5 passengers on board, Donald Trump, Boris Johnson, Angela Merkel, The Pope and a ten year old school boy. The plane is about to crash and there are only 4 parachutes.
Trump said I need one. I’m the smartest man in the USA and am needed to sort out the problems of the World!’, takes one and jumps.
Boris said ‘I’m needed to sort out Britain’. He takes one and jumps.
The Pope said ‘I need one as the world needs the Catholic Church.’ He takes one and jumps.
Angela said to the ten year old: "You can have the last parachute. I've lived my life, yours is only just starting."
The 10 year old replied: "Don’t worry, there are 2 parachutes left, the smartest man in the USA took my school bag."
Old 24-03-2020, 09:28 PM   #527
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by XByoot View Post
The other thing I hope your works looks at is age and health issues of who it lays off. Some of the older folks here put their hands up, totally reasonable . Any smokers might be not the best either given the respiratory risks.
Nobody has been laid off at my work yet. One bloke decided to take leave as work has slowed down, then said yes to taking another week when work asked. One bloke took a couple of days to attend a wedding of overseas people and doesnt qualify for the test, so work said unless there is a negative test report, 2 weeks for you, and you need to meet a criteria to get tested. The other bloke has no work as he works in, and only works in, 1 building thats been shut down due to 9 confirmed cases. Its still a dicey situation for me. I pay a mortgage and bills. Regardless of payment freezes, i still need a job. Anything centrelink is rubbish compared to getting paid. Its one of those things i try not to stress about. But it plays in the back of my mind. Espesially as there are now so many people equally as able to do my job, out of work, willing to get back into the workforce for less then what i get paid. I have my long service up my sleeve, i may use that as a threat as i dunno how pretty the amount in payroll is at the moment.
Old 24-03-2020, 09:43 PM   #528
Pis-ton broke
Banned

Quote:
back in the old days there was rental assistance too, which pushed it up.
Old 24-03-2020, 10:04 PM   #529
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Got that right.

This is happening at a time when I'm trying to get my 14yo to put a little more effort back into things like schoolwork. He's gotten a little lazy this year.
But there's a lot of examples around right now of Why Bother?
Just gotta point out all the other examples of why you should, but feels like you are up against sometimes.
2 users like this post:
Old 24-03-2020, 10:22 PM   #530
snap0964
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
did you hear his Winston Churchill speech yesterday. i didn,t know weather to sit or stand.
Each way Albo would be a disaster too.
3 users like this post:
Old 24-03-2020, 10:28 PM   #531
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

More restrictions coming right now.
Old 24-03-2020, 10:34 PM   #532
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A lot more people lining up for Centrelink tomorrow.
Old 24-03-2020, 11:18 PM   #533
Pis-ton broke
Banned

how about the cruse ship ruby princess, and all the passengers unboarding in Sydney, what an absolute balls up. one lady has died off it all really.
2 users like this post:
Old 24-03-2020, 11:25 PM   #534
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Presser went for about an hour and most of it waffle. Clear and concise please FFS
3 users like this post:
Old 24-03-2020, 11:26 PM   #535
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
how about the cruse ship ruby princess, and all the passengers unboarding in Sydney, what an absolute balls up. one lady has died off it all really.
Someone in government should be swinging from the rafters due to the cruise ship balls up.

More people lining up at Centrelink tomorrow. Maybe by the end of the week the army will be deployed to disperse the folk who will lose their jobs tomorrow.

What a cluster eff this has become. The government is taking advice from the CMO who's going against the advice offered by others.
Old 25-03-2020, 12:00 AM   #536
ljf12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
Presser went for about an hour and most of it waffle. Clear and concise please FFS
Can only hope that no one outside Australia watched him, you can have a haircut (limited to 30 mins) but you can’t have your nails done.
You can still ride in a packed train or bus, but you can’t have a spray tan.
4 users like this post:
Old 25-03-2020, 12:19 AM   #537
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljf12 View Post
Can only hope that no one outside Australia watched him, you can have a haircut (limited to 30 mins) but you can’t have your nails done.
Well the contradictory restrictions is another problem too
Old 25-03-2020, 12:19 AM   #538
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Well that clears things up. I’m having this weeks BBQ on Skype.
5 users like this post:
Old 25-03-2020, 12:27 AM   #539
Captain Stubing
Looking for clues...
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljf12 View Post
You can always engage personal common sense... Should I touch that? No? But if you have to, clean off your hands with soap and water before you pick your nose.

EVERYTHING you touch in public is suspected of being infected, treat it as such.

I've had nearly 30 years of dealing with unknown diseases by collecting blood and other bodily fluids from different areas, AIDS, Heptatitis, Swine Flu, many more I've not known about, and I've never been infected.

2016 Ford Falcon FG/X XR6 Turbo you beaut ute
1985 XR4Ti Sierra - Build Thread
1971 Fairlane 500
and... a collection of Jeep Towpigs
and... two collections of rust and some new plastic bits roughly shaped like an F-Truck
and.... some spare metal bits with holes in them

Last edited by Captain Stubing; 25-03-2020 at 12:37 AM.
Old 25-03-2020, 01:17 AM   #540
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Rockwiz...

Nah, you couldn't.
Car $$$
Rent $$
Clothing $
Generic food brands $¢¢
Bbq + gas/beads
Phone/internet ¢¢¢
Extra curricular activities
Restaurants/take away/home delivery
Anyrhing else

Last edited by marty351; 25-03-2020 at 01:24 AM.
Closed Thread