Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-12-2023, 06:57 PM   #1
xr8territory
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default 2014 Fiesta - Auto trans problem. ??Warranty

Hi,

Purchased a 2014 Fiesta Ambiente for my daughters first car. Auto. The transmission is displaying all the TCM problems associated with that transmission. I have checked the Ford website using the VIN and it states the vehicle is eligible under a recall.
My questions are, is this still within the extended timeframe and are I excluded because I am not the original owner.

NB. I was aware the trans had a slight issue but it became worse after 200km's of driving.
XW UTE, XW FAIRMONT, XT GT, XT Fairmont, EF XR8, XH XR8 UTE, XH XR8 UTE, AU UTE, Renault Scenic, XF UTE, BA XR8 UTE, TERRITORY, Chrysler Voyager, WS FIESTA ZETEC,TERRITORY TITANIUM, BA UTE, Nissan Pathfinder, AU Falcon Forte, BA XR8 UTE.
xr8territory is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2023, 08:15 PM   #2
cyclone1410

Default Re: 2014 Fiesta - Auto trans problem. ??Warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8territory View Post
Hi,

Purchased a 2014 Fiesta Ambiente for my daughters first car. Auto. The transmission is displaying all the TCM problems associated with that transmission. I have checked the Ford website using the VIN and it states the vehicle is eligible under a recall.
My questions are, is this still within the extended timeframe and are I excluded because I am not the original owner.

NB. I was aware the trans had a slight issue but it became worse after 200km's of driving.
My understanding of the settlement with the ACCC that it shouldn't matter if you are the original owner or not. If the website states that the VIN is eligible then you should be. I am not a lawyer so you would need to firstly check with your Ford Dealer and then if you are refused seek proper advice.
This user likes this post:
Old 30-12-2023, 08:28 PM   #3
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hi,

It’s ten years on the Tcm.
Take it to a ford dealer … quickly

I think a 14 means the powershift warranty is finished think it was a seven year thing

We had a 12 powershift fiesta/ the local Gc dealer and ford looked after us
kevino is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2023, 08:37 PM   #4
simon varley
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Bringing sanity to the Everest threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevino View Post
It’s ten years on the Tcm.
except this is a recall, not a straight warranty issue. OP should be fine. Car recalls don't run out. The only issue might be getting parts now.
simon varley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 30-12-2023, 08:48 PM   #5
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon varley View Post
except this is a recall, not a straight warranty issue. OP should be fine. Car recalls don't run out. The only issue might be getting parts now.

I believe it’s a 10 year extended component warranty on the TCM. I don’t believe it’s a recall.
If it is the tcm it should still be covered. Give your local Ford dealer a call with the vin number and ask them.
Top_Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2023, 08:56 PM   #6
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Ghia View Post
I believe it’s a 10 year extended component warranty on the TCM. I don’t believe it’s a recall.
If it is the tcm it should still be covered. Give your local Ford dealer a call with the vin number and ask them.
That’s the correct terminology
The warranty on the Tcm is 10 years

But the powershift auto warranty is only seven so for a 14 it ran out in 21

Hopefully it’s not a 1/1/14 build
Old 30-12-2023, 09:33 PM   #7
xr8territory
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thank you very much for the advice.
I will take it to my local Ford dealer Monday.
My sister was told 2 weeks ago, by a Ford dealer, that it was OK. Just an oxygen sensor!
No wonder these guy's got fined.
XW UTE, XW FAIRMONT, XT GT, XT Fairmont, EF XR8, XH XR8 UTE, XH XR8 UTE, AU UTE, Renault Scenic, XF UTE, BA XR8 UTE, TERRITORY, Chrysler Voyager, WS FIESTA ZETEC,TERRITORY TITANIUM, BA UTE, Nissan Pathfinder, AU Falcon Forte, BA XR8 UTE.
xr8territory is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2023, 09:52 PM   #8
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Thank you very much for the advice.
I will take it to my local Ford dealer Monday.
My sister was told 2 weeks ago, by a Ford dealer, that it was OK. Just an oxygen sensor!
No wonder these guy's got fined.
Yeah some Ford dealers are exemplary
Some are rubbish