Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-11-2010, 04:00 PM   #1
mareeabc
Starter Motor

Exclamation HELP!! EF XR6 wont start!!

Hi guys
Really need some help. My husband removed a non factory stereo from the car and now it wont turn over! She sounds like she wants to go but just cant lol
Fuel pump is working, fuel is pressurised,has spark and will go when fuel is put through the intake. Has no interior light ........please any help would be so greatly appreciated

mareeabc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2010, 04:33 PM   #2
LOWBA6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sounds like its blown a fuse, i cant remember which one exactly but it is related to the interior light being off, Check them all anyway!
LOWBA6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2010, 05:39 PM   #3
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

Coil packs??
My old EL Fairmont did that. Wanted to turn over but just wouldn't. Ended up being the coil pack and distributor.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:42 PM   #4
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Before checking anything else you need to check the interior light fuse and or interior light globe. as LOWBA6 suggested. 99% of the time this is why they won't start (as silly as it sounds, it is so so true).
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2010, 06:12 PM   #5
Windsor342ci
The Experience...

I had the same problem in my EF XR6 a number of yrs ago... I have no idea what it was. For 20 minutes it was dead... Then like nothing, it started again as if nothing was wrong.... Happened just that once and never again....
Windsor342ci is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2010, 09:32 AM   #6
mareeabc
Starter Motor

bumping for more ideas have checked all fuses. Someone said there a loop wire above the head unit that can cause the car to stop?...all we did was remove a head unit! sooo strange lol
Old 09-11-2010, 09:33 AM   #7
mareeabc
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery
Before checking anything else you need to check the interior light fuse and or interior light globe. as LOWBA6 suggested. 99% of the time this is why they won't start (as silly as it sounds, it is so so true).

Hey where is that fuse located? thanks for the help
Old 09-11-2010, 03:41 PM   #8
myxr6
Banned

Check the glove box globe as well , mine didn't start and we found this was the problem.
myxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2010, 01:47 PM   #9
mareeabc
Starter Motor

Hey guys....still no luck but both the interior lights, and glove box light are not working....have checked the fuses in box under the steering wheel and all are good??......where is the fuse located that runs the interior lights? Any help would be great.
I hate having her parked up..........such a waste!! lol