Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-11-2010, 03:19 PM   #31
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
I saw an ad where they launched animals, people and bags of hoppes into the sky above a city with a huge catapult.

Immediately I was upset about this promotion of terrorism, climate change and general public access to medieval siege weaponry.

Just as well there was no reference to drinking beer.......
bahaha. I love that ad.

I was just saying that the detail they go to avoid certain censorship (ie, speedo) but the car going backwards is deemed ok. Its just strange.

Like the BMW ad being banned.
kypez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2010, 12:47 AM   #32
388cube_edxr8
Nutty Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
I saw an ad where they launched animals, people and bags of hoppes into the sky above a city with a huge catapult.

Immediately I was upset about this promotion of terrorism, climate change and general public access to medieval siege weaponry.

Just as well there was no reference to drinking beer.......
I saw that ad - the idea was to catapult all these things into the sky to make it rain Toohey's Extra Dry or something.

The "people" thrown up were two very hot girls.

They give good head.
If you buy a rubbish car, what you are saying is "I have no interest in cars." If you have no interest in cars, you have no interest in driving, and if you have no interest in something, it means you're no good at it, which means you must have your driving license taken away.
388cube_edxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2010, 12:58 AM   #33
blueluvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
Does seem rather comical that an Ice Coffee add can have a ute side ways and givving it stick but an add for the actual car cannot.
And right there is the magic in clever advertising.
blueluvr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2010, 01:59 AM   #34
Bobman
Regulator

I had 'UTE' under my cap a few times and sent it in but won nothing.

This was back in 2003-2004.

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Bobman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2010, 11:24 AM   #35
MAD
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordsman88
Yes....if that was a car ad it would have been off the air within a day or so of running. Clearly harold scruby isn't so concerned about 'unsafe driving' on display as long as its not one of those 'evil car selling companies' behind it. Worst double standard out there in advertising IMO.

Never been a big fan of the product and while the ad is fun enough like most ads i'm yet to work out what drifting a hairdresser's ute has to do with ice coffee....
I bet Harold actually wrote in about this ad.

Unfortunately for him, it is only ads that are selling cars that are not allowed to show cars doing things that would be illegal if they were performed on any public road. The particular code that applies to ads selling vehicles is FCAI voluntary code of practise.

If you search at adstandards.com.au you will soon be disgusted and infuriated by the types of complaints that are received by them.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:45 AM   #36
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordsman88
Yes....if that was a car ad it would have been off the air within a day or so of running. Clearly harold scruby isn't so concerned about 'unsafe driving' on display as long as its not one of those 'evil car selling companies' behind it. Worst double standard out there in advertising IMO.

Never been a big fan of the product and while the ad is fun enough like most ads i'm yet to work out what drifting a hairdresser's ute has to do with ice coffee....
ok, use the same advert, just change the end logo and voice over to make it a holden ad, and see if they get the same reaction. just to them mind.