Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-11-2010, 01:28 AM   #1
Windsor342ci
The Experience...

Default Serviced the LSD.

Hi guys,

Wanted to post up something really positive.

Got my diff serviced today at a good crew over in Smithfield NSW. Have had good relations with this business since they rebuilt my gear box in my old Nissan Patrol.

My LSD was a bit lazy at times to put it nicely. In a straight line it would always catch but as soon as you'd hit a corner it would always go single on me. Now Im past that age of trying to drift at every and any opportunity but there are times where it be nice to give a V8 a boot full to take off around the corner and the inside tyre not frying away.

Anyways got my car back this arvo to notice a remarkable improvement. They told me that the right hand side got tightened 25 and the left 30.... Not 100% sure what he was referring to but he was saying there big numbers in "diff" language. So between the bigger wheels, lowering the car 40mm, and now having the LSD working at 100% it is really a sensational improvement.

So my advise to anyone out there is if you do have an ageing diff and your not sure if its worth your while to get it serviced and tightened at the same time, my advise and experience is to defiantly look into and you wont regret it!

Have a great weekend guys!

Windsor342ci is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post