Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 10-08-2020, 07:19 PM   #3271
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Get him a pack of Camels, that will make a man of him.

“Nine out of ten men who’ve tried Camels, prefer women.”
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-08-2020, 07:28 PM   #3272
.:4:.
Kicking back

Camels with no filters, dont they make people quit smoking?
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2020, 07:31 PM   #3273
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

It comes down to how determined one is to develop the habit.

I reckon kretek hook people the most readily.
Old 10-08-2020, 08:01 PM   #3274
Kicking back

Its still sort of odd how i came across the smoke shop for phone cables. Ages ago when i wanted one for the car i looked up office works and anything with a bit of legnth to it was $16 or above. So i went to woolies and they only had short ones that looked ****. But in my local shopping centre the smoke shop is accross from woolies, i dont know how many nick nacks they sell, but they do sell things like half yard glasses and stuff, so i asked the question. Oddly enough there is a phone repair shop next door. But clearly they need to start selling fags because they like to charge.
But the tobbaconist, $10 for a 4 foot cable i wont sneeze at. Yeah could probably get cheaper off shebay, but i wanted it now. And when i asked today and the bloke said like this and showed me one, when i said ill take 4 it was like today was his pay day.
Old 10-08-2020, 09:47 PM   #3275
marty351
Shenanigans..............

You're supposed to start the kids off on Winnie blues, then graduate toe PJ Virgjnias or anything soft pack. The cool kids always had Peter Stuyvesant.
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2020, 09:57 PM   #3276
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty351 View Post
You're supposed to start the kids off on Winnie blues, then graduate toe PJ Virgjnias or anything soft pack. The cool kids always had Peter Stuyvesant.
Look at you mr fancy pants with your stuyvos.
In all seriousness, my kid is a pretty heavy asthmatic. He is the last person to even consider smoking. And he is only 10. Plus i would not take kindly. He can't even go a family bbq with his mums family without having an asthma attack. His uncles on that side dont breathe. One cut down from 2 packs a day to 1 when he started buying 50s as opposed to 2 packs of 25. Thats not exactly cutting down.
Old 10-08-2020, 10:52 PM   #3277
marty351

My comments were said in jest.
It reminded of a time when all cool kids smoked. Perhaps they aren't so cool anymore.
Old 10-08-2020, 11:21 PM   #3278
Kicking back

Quote:
My comments were said in jest.
It reminded of a time when all cool kids smoked. Perhaps they aren't so cool anymore.
All good mate. I joke about the same stuff too.
This user likes this post:
Old 10-08-2020, 11:35 PM   #3279
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Just bought more Pug bits from a UK chappy. He tells me that CV stopped him leaving for an Australian holiday today - off to France instead.

Missed my personalised express mail service by “that much”.
Old 11-08-2020, 12:10 AM   #3280
marty351

Once upon a time, I was scared of pugs, Mini bulldogs. Cheeky little bastards.

Geez I love em'.
Old 11-08-2020, 12:12 AM   #3281
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
To walk into the deli at 13 years old, approach the counter and try and spit out "Packet of Peter Stuyvesants 10s Please" was tough work fooling everyone you were legal age. Tongue twister even before the nerves
ford71V8 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2020, 12:30 AM   #3282
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
To walk into the deli at 13 years old, approach the counter and try and spit out "Packet of Peter Stuyvesants 10s Please" was tough work fooling everyone you were legal age. Tongue twister even before the nerves
Back in my day, and that really wasnt that long ago, it was more along the lines of if you pay with australian currency, no worries. Things have changed for the better. You cant send the kid to the shop for a pack of fags. And its not a $2.50 thing these days like it used to be. And yes, i remember when they were that cheap. About $7 in 2000.
Old 11-08-2020, 12:35 AM   #3283
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Back in my day, and that really wasnt that long ago, it was more along the lines of if you pay with australian currency, no worries. Things have changed for the better. You cant send the kid to the shop for a pack of fags. And its not a $2.50 thing these days like it used to be. And yes, i remember when they were that cheap. About $7 in 2000.
40 cents for a pack of 20 Benson and Hedges around 1970
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 12-08-2020, 04:11 PM   #3284
Kicking back

Hmmmm. Before my escapedes yesterday with the boy, the chargers for my phone are usb c, his tablet takes micro usb, i was speaking to my mum and she asked if i could get her another charger cord. The smoke shop only do usb c and lightning. But woolies had nice energizer micro usb cables on special. The ones with the nylon around the cable. So i bought my kid 2 x 6 footers for $14 a peice and my mum a 4 footer for $10.50. The power points at nanas house where my kid lives are few and far between, my mums place is modern. So logic.
At dinner last night, mum was happy i got her a new cable. For some reason its bamboozling to get the right cable for an old lady. And she asked if you could use it to get photos off your phone and onto the computater. Yes you can, so she asked if i could get one for her boyfriend. So i did. But today they werent on special. Whatever, $15 is $15.
As we all know, you can never have too many phone chargers. The only time you buy them is out of frustration when all your other ones crap out. Fact.
The only reason my kid didnt have a charger cord is his mums last one crapped out, and she took his and put an adapter on it to usb c for her phone. So she called me today blowing up that i got her a new cable. Dunno why. We only speak when its strictly business. She calmed her farm real quick when i said i was buying anyways and theyre cheap. She too goes spaz when it comes to what cable fits what.
Its not me being nice to her, its just cheaper to do that then deal with my kid being upset when his mum comandeers his ****.
Old 12-08-2020, 04:21 PM   #3285
Fed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In the early 60s you could buy loosies, individual cigs, from milkbars and they were on full display.
Times have changed.
Fed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2020, 04:39 PM   #3286
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed View Post
In the early 60s you could buy loosies, individual cigs, from milkbars and they were on full display.
Times have changed.
I bought the chocolate ones in the 70's, probably why I can't kick the habit now.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2020, 07:52 PM   #3287
mondeomatureguy

Hi guys,
Some of you will read the post I have written on the What made you feel good today Thread.

I do Volunteer work with my wife on a Friday night driving a van and so do many other people also.
Before Covid hit I wrote to the three Big Petrol Company's, I don't have to tell you who they are?

I asked them if they could donate some petrol as the lady who started this Van pays for fuel herself and its her biggest expense.

I got a reply from the three big fuel Company's saying "sorry we cant donate fuel".
mondeomatureguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2020, 08:23 PM   #3288
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I HATE dealing with my ex.
Even from miles away, she has the ability to suck the life clean out of the room.
2 users like this post:
Old 13-08-2020, 11:30 PM   #3289
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

In haste, adding an extra “1” to the front of an online bill payment.
Old 14-08-2020, 09:06 AM   #3290
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
No VC for Teddy Sheean; not impressed by the pollies in charge.
PM recommends war hero Teddy Sheean for Victoria Cross

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/f...10-p55ka2.html

Quote:
Prime Minister Scott Morrison has recommended Australian war hero Edward "Teddy" Sheean be given a posthumous Victoria Cross, after an expert panel found there was "maladministration" in the original decisions not to award him the nation's highest military honour.......cont

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2020, 09:27 AM   #3291
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Yes, leaving the disappointing politics aside I posted this change (post 2310) in the “What made you feel good” thread.

Last edited by Citroënbender; 14-08-2020 at 09:33 AM.
Old 16-08-2020, 02:53 PM   #3292
Kicking back

Me and a couple of mates took my car to the pub last night. My mate who doesnt drink was driving. His car is sort of similar to my bf2 ghia. He has a ba2 sr. He did respect my request to take it easy out of my driveway, but i should have been more specific. His ba doesnt scrape. Unless you virtually stop at the bottom, yeah, my car scrapes. Ahhh well, another line in the concrete. My driveway has a tally going on at the bottom
Old 18-08-2020, 10:12 AM   #3293
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

…When you send a tech inquiry because you want to make sure of some details before buying an item, and nobody gets back to you. #righteousindignation

…Then you remember you only saved the email as a draft because you got interrupted and couldn’t finish it.
4 users like this post:
Old 31-08-2020, 06:50 PM   #3294
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Septuagenarian “Poopageddon”.

Yep, I hate that.
Old 01-09-2020, 05:43 PM   #3295
marty351

Once a month, without fail, I get overcharged at the supermarket checkout.

Today it was a double charge, and at $9.45.

Always get your docket and check it.
2 users like this post:
Old 03-09-2020, 10:30 AM   #3296
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

People confusing the kitchen tidy and top loader, used tissues dropped in the washing machine. #papergeddon

Air nozzle is working overtime.
Old 04-09-2020, 05:27 PM   #3297
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Waiting on a road service tow since about 2PM today.

At least they’re consistent, telling you “it’s due any time”. And it’s consistently over two hours.
Old 04-09-2020, 05:54 PM   #3298
X-AHH
The good, bad and fugly
Donating Member2

The C Tek thread!

Old 05-09-2020, 12:28 AM   #3299
Kicking back

Ahhhh, first world problems. It sucks when you burn the finger prints off the 2 fingers that are registered with your phones fingerprint scanner then you have to use the passcode. The only reason i use fingerprint is to stop pocket dialing. My kid even has his fingers recognized on my phone, so its a convenience thing, not a security thing. But pocket dialing is worse. Especially when you get called back saying you rang. From experience, atleast fingerprints grow back.
2 users like this post:
Old 05-09-2020, 12:09 PM   #3300
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Ahhhh, first world problems. It sucks when you burn the finger prints off the 2 fingers that are registered with your phones fingerprint scanner then you have to use the passcode. The only reason i use fingerprint is to stop pocket dialing. My kid even has his fingers recognized on my phone, so its a convenience thing, not a security thing. But pocket dialing is worse. Especially when you get called back saying you rang. From experience, atleast fingerprints grow back.
Samsung I assume ? I don't use Apple but I note they are better at facial recognition.
I still use a S8+, not so good at biometrics.
Mr_G6ET is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post