Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-08-2020, 04:41 PM   #1
JAZSXY
Parts Fiend

Default Engine Builder / Machinists Vic

Hey Guys,

Feel free to move this thread if need be. Done the big search through all the different areas but struggled to find anything within the last couple of years.

Looking for an engine builder / machine shop in Victoria. Prefer east side if possible but willing to travel after Covid thing if the reputation and pricing lines up.

Im not building any Horsepower Hero's engine, looking at two options.

Either a good street 302 Windsor or
347 Street Windsor

My old engine shop (Berryman in Moorabbin) has long since retired from when I last had any engine work done.

Cheers
J

frenzal56, falconxr, loosecannon, lima_been, bo5ton, Mardk, Chapter Four, leakey, POELWYK, Dman4.0, rayban76, tutor, PridenJoy, Aplito Futura, sbutler, Bosko, storta1, portokatsiki, AUte, 5.8, xxxg, FTW-302, LeadFoot81, Peuty, BillM, Sox, needfordspeed, watejs06, CATXR8
JAZSXY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2020, 04:49 PM   #2
chris.e

Default Re: Engine Builder / Machinists Vic

I have used Pearl Automotive in Montrose for my machining work for around 20 Years. They also assemble if required, (i do my own) and they have a really good background in performance Ford motors. They are located at factory 28, 65-67 Canterbury rd Montrose. Ask for Wayne.
chris.e is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-08-2020, 05:01 PM   #3
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Competition Engines in Springvale has in house equipment and a lot of Ford experience.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 10-08-2020, 10:26 PM   #4
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAZSXY View Post
Hey Guys,

Feel free to move this thread if need be. Done the big search through all the different areas but struggled to find anything within the last couple of years.

Looking for an engine builder / machine shop in Victoria. Prefer east side if possible but willing to travel after Covid thing if the reputation and pricing lines up.

J

I used a guy near Geelong called Rob who owns Engineworx.

Did a couple of 1000hp V6's for me.
Forged custom pistons, nitrided cranks, cams,balancing...you know all that good stuff.
He does one offs and rare stuff too.
You pickup a shrink wrapped engine ready to go..

https://www.engineworx.com.au/

Reasonably priced
zilo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 11-08-2020, 02:00 PM   #5
Hulsty

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris.e View Post
I have used Pearl Automotive in Montrose for my machining work for around 20 Years. They also assemble if required, (i do my own) and they have a really good background in performance Ford motors. They are located at factory 28, 65-67 Canterbury rd Montrose. Ask for Wayne.
I have used them recently to do my hemi, know their stuff and happy to have a chat about whats what. Prices I thought were reasonable. Heading back in a few weeks to assembly my cylinder head too once I port it.
Hulsty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2020, 06:35 PM   #6
JAZSXY
Parts Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulsty View Post
I have used them recently to do my hemi, know their stuff and happy to have a chat about whats what. Prices I thought were reasonable. Heading back in a few weeks to assembly my cylinder head too once I port it.
Two for Pearl, will give them a shout and have a chat.

frenzal56, falconxr, loosecannon, lima_been, bo5ton, Mardk, Chapter Four, leakey, POELWYK, Dman4.0, rayban76, tutor, PridenJoy, Aplito Futura, sbutler, Bosko, storta1, portokatsiki, AUte, 5.8, xxxg, FTW-302, LeadFoot81, Peuty, BillM, Sox, needfordspeed, watejs06, CATXR8
JAZSXY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post