Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Ford Coupe Club of Australia > General Discussions

Old 19-11-2009, 02:42 PM   #361
Shamal

Guys

I am chasing some tail lights for the XC. I need the buckets and the lenses. I am really after black ones preferably if anyone has some laying about?

Also need the rear quarter lights (the ones that go behind the back wheels)

Cheers
Old 24-11-2009, 09:29 PM   #362
whingey

Default T Bar lock

If anyone is interesting in purchasing a T Bar lock let me know, I sell them on Ebay. Coupe Club members can buy them directly from me for $100 including postage. These are a quality item, all hand made.
Cheers, Greg

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....STRK:MESELX:IT

Contact me:

barnsley@acenet.com.au
whingey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2009, 06:40 PM   #363
Shamal

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamal
Guys

I am chasing some tail lights for the XC. I need the buckets and the lenses. I am really after black ones preferably if anyone has some laying about?

Also need the rear quarter lights (the ones that go behind the back wheels)

Cheers
Ok - well I have got this all sorted - now to some other stuff.......

Does anyone have a set (pair) of side vents, and also a boot spoiler?

Any guidance as to what this stuff is worth?

Thanks and Cheers
Old 06-12-2009, 06:44 PM   #364
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:

Thanks and Cheers
the side vents come up on ebay every now and then. i think you would be unlikely to get them for less than $200. most of them have lost one or more pins by now. one of my pins had broken back in the 80's so i had the area drilled out and lock tighted a thread into it. it has worked for almost 20 years now

what boot spoiler. the gt wing or the cobra 3 piece spoiler. once again ebay would probably be the best bet. and just hope you get lucky. the gt shops may have them but with aftermarket stuff it may or may not fit correctly. if you are after the 3 piece, not only does your boot need to line up right, but all 3 pieces need to be attached correctly too or else then can look totally wrong. if you are someone else knows what they are doing, it shouldn't be too hard, but you would need to be careful. also the three piece ones can cause the quarter panels to rust very badly if not sealed properly

personally if i had my way again, i would consider just a cobra style front spoiler with none on the boot. it makes them look so much lower at the front that way
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2009, 06:48 PM   #365
gtxb67

does any one know where i can get a genuine shifter for a toploader to fit in an xb
thanx
Old 06-12-2009, 11:46 PM   #366
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Thanks and Cheers
I have a boot spoiler (wing type) that will require sand blasting.
Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2009, 07:56 PM   #367
coupe king
Banned

Hi just to let you now I am making and selling replacement parcel shelf assembelies very shortly for xa xb and xc coupes. (Tooling almost finished) As well as that I am also producing the filler panels that go between the rear lower beaver panel and the quarter panel. Thats the triangle shape one that most are rusted in the back lwr section of coupes under the tail light panel.

These are available as of now and the rear parcel shelf will be shortly. Parcel shelf assembely is as below .
(all seven sections ) EVERY THING YOU NEED TO COMPLETELY REPLACE THE MUCH HATED RUSTY COUPE REAR WINDOW AND PARCEL SHELF PROBLEM AREA'S

I.E

1. Front central parcel shelf section - were the speakers go

2. Rear central section - This is mounted over the boot hinge mount area and also mounts outer left and right side sections to front centre piece.

3.+ 4. The side section's that go between centre section and inner roof / 1/4 panel reinforcment ares. Where the upper seat belt mount bolts in. Left and Right

5. The up right parcel shelf section that joins between the flat part of rear parcel shelf and outer rear window replacemnt section ( as already made by rare spares.)

6. + 7. The outer left and right sections that attach to the part mentioned above which also mounts part of your 1/4 panel , rear window panel and parcel shelf together in the corners.

At the moment I am happy to answer any enquiries and or take orders for the parcel shelf or rear lwr filler panels. Or any of the other coupe body replacement sections I am able to supply. And YES I am also happy to freight around Australia, New Zealand and USA. freight cost is extra.
Hope this is of assistance .Cheers Andrew - MILD TO WILD CUSTOMS 0416502637
coupe king is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2009, 06:38 PM   #368
GT-GTF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupe king
Hi just to let you now I am making and selling replacement parcel shelf assembelies very shortly for xa xb and xc coupes. (Tooling almost finished) As well as that I am also producing the filler panels that go between the rear lower beaver panel and the quarter panel. Thats the triangle shape one that most are rusted in the back lwr section of coupes under the tail light panel.

These are available as of now and the rear parcel shelf will be shortly. Parcel shelf assembely is as below .
(all seven sections ) EVERY THING YOU NEED TO COMPLETELY REPLACE THE MUCH HATED RUSTY COUPE REAR WINDOW AND PARCEL SHELF PROBLEM AREA'S

I.E

1. Front central parcel shelf section - were the speakers go

2. Rear central section - This is mounted over the boot hinge mount area and also mounts outer left and right side sections to front centre piece.

3.+ 4. The side section's that go between centre section and inner roof / 1/4 panel reinforcment ares. Where the upper seat belt mount bolts in. Left and Right

5. The up right parcel shelf section that joins between the flat part of rear parcel shelf and outer rear window replacemnt section ( as already made by rare spares.)

6. + 7. The outer left and right sections that attach to the part mentioned above which also mounts part of your 1/4 panel , rear window panel and parcel shelf together in the corners.

At the moment I am happy to answer any enquiries and or take orders for the parcel shelf or rear lwr filler panels. Or any of the other coupe body replacement sections I am able to supply. And YES I am also happy to freight around Australia, New Zealand and USA. freight cost is extra.
Hope this is of assistance .Cheers Andrew - MILD TO WILD CUSTOMS 0416502637
pics and prices?
GT-GTF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2009, 07:30 PM   #369
coupe king
Banned

Hi George thanks for your enquiry,
Will post photo's for the lower rear filler panels in the next day or so and I am hoping to have rear parcel shelf assemblies asap after that. As far as price goes I am still trying to finalise my pricing, once I have posted the photos will let you know how much per part and cost of postage.
Old 21-12-2009, 06:16 PM   #370
Snake Bite

Quote:
Hi George thanks for your enquiry,
Will post photo's for the lower rear filler panels in the next day or so and I am hoping to have rear parcel shelf assemblies asap after that. As far as price goes I am still trying to finalise my pricing, once I have posted the photos will let you know how much per part and cost of postage.
Sounds like you are getting all the must have replacement bits together, which is choice. Have you got or are you planning to have a web page or something with pic's etc?

Cheers
Old 21-12-2009, 07:32 PM   #371
coupe king
Banned

Hi snake bite,
Yes I am tring to make some of the harder to get bits for coupes more easily available for not only myself but for my customers coupes as well as for other people trying to restore their coupes.

As for a website, the thought had crossed my mind but at the moment to much goin on as it is and Im not the cluiest one when it comes to computers as yet. But if any one has any enquiries on what I can make or repair .They can email me on m2wcustoms@virginbroadband.com.au

But I was thinking of starting some threads of my customers coupes in the near future as well as some other project I had in mind. But I'll speak to the owners and see if they don't mind first.

It would also be good to hear some suggestions from other coupe people on what kind of hard to get body sections they would like to be made available and order of priority and I will see what I can come up with in the near future.
Cheers
Old 22-12-2009, 01:55 AM   #372
Big Mike
Acid Rush XB Coupe

Quote:
It would also be good to hear some suggestions from other coupe people on what kind of hard to get body sections they would like to be made available and order of priority and I will see what I can come up with in the near future.
Well that's openning a fair sized can of worms now isn't?

Its got me thinking though - and while everything external is available should I get in a small prang (heaven forbid) from the resto point of view, and what the soon-to-be-available repro shells will hopefully provide, is improved redesigned items with the benefit of 40+ years (since they were designed). A plenum chamber that works, that's coated in a plastic or poly sealant of some kind, with no level surfaces to prevent any pooling, that simply welds into place after bracing and cutting out what's left of the old one might speed up a lot of restorations drastically. Make "unrepairable" shells more usable, reduce the number of perfectly good sedans getting destroyed, and reduce the number of small annoying panels that have to be currently fabricated.

One suggestion...
Old 22-12-2009, 08:45 AM   #373
coupe king
Banned

Yeah it is a big can of worms Mike but got to start somewhere in making all the rusty ones live again dont we. As for repro shells I think they will still be a fare way off yet as the haven't even released an xy one and flogged it to death yet. And they'll do that before a coupe gets done. And I think the whole vin number issue is slowin them down a bit.

As far as improving the plenum chamber design don't forget that origanaly a lot of them were never primed from the factory as the one i'm doing at the moment (straight from bare steel to fact paint). And lets face it the old paint was never going to old out for ever.

If these shells were all edp primed from scratch and then 2k primed and used a sealer the didn't brake down and crack up allowing moisture in the joins as is common on top of the a pillar/hige pillar /plenum join I don't think the design would be a problem.

I remember one xb sedan I had that for some reason had different sealer on each side in that same spot, the one with normal sealer had the normal rust issue's yet the other side with this globular tacky that took almost 15 mins to pry off with screw driver eventually came of fact paint and all and left nothing but brand new shiny fomoco steel and not a speck of rust I was gob smacked . Then ****ed of to think that if only ford used that stuff every were then how good would most of these still be.

As far as the fabrication goes that is still something that does have to be done. I'm just trying to find easier and quicker ways to speed up the making of the hard bits on a low volume scale to make life easier for myself and I'm sure there are a heap of guys out there that given the availabilty of certain parts would have the skills to fit them but not to make them which would be a big help to them in speeding up there resto.

Besides I'm sick of hearing about people who cut up or scraped a shell because they thought it was stuffed due to too much rust when it was in reality in the too hard basket to fix due to lack of knowlege and lack of easy to get parts. Am always eager to get any good idea's or suggestions like yours so please keep them comin. Cheers
Old 22-12-2009, 10:48 PM   #374
Scooter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Does anyone do rear wheel arch rust repair sections yet? I know you can cut out 2 fender sections to make 1 for a coupe, Just wondering if a repair section has been produced yet? How much are those rear beaver in-fill sections as I need some now?
Saves me modding sedan ones to suit.
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2009, 01:09 AM   #375
coupe king
Banned

Hi Scooter,
The rear wheel arch sections in one piece for the quarter panel are also on the drawing board, but I do make the following repair sections now.

1. Inner rear wheel arch repair sections for the wheel tub .

2. Quarter panel- lwr rear window corner - where the 1/4 meets rear window section.

3. Quarter panel- A)Rear side window area -where the fairmont corner mould goes
B)Rear side window area -between side window corner (as above) and door opening.

4. Quarter panel - Upper and lower Rear window rubber side channels

Hope this helps and look forward to any questions or other suggestions you may have.

As for the rear infill panels was looking at pricing them at around the $120.00
each or $200.00 the pair. Can also prime in 2k high fill for $240 the pair. Cheers Andrew
Old 23-12-2009, 02:32 PM   #376
polar coupe

rear quarters, rear quarters, rear quarters........
surely that would be the single most needed panel for coupes.
if your going to the trouble of replacing rear wheel arch metal and rear window metal why not replace the whole rear quarter.
i recon they would sell like hot cakes.
( i realise that they would be hard to make)
Steve
polar coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2009, 03:06 PM   #377
coupe king
Banned

Hi Steve thanks for your imput.

And yes you are right as I have a couple of coupes that are damaged and could do with full quarters myself. From what I understand the company in qld making xy guards, bonnets, and assorted other parts have already started down that road for coupe rear 1/4s and possibly roof skins from memory.
How long it takes for them to be available I don't know. These are big hard panels to fabricate individualy and as such would be better of being pressed and mass produced like the bonnets and guards.

I Have been trying to obtain nos 1/4s to use for that purpose but not easy to come buy or cheap.

At the moment all Im trying to do is come up with the fiddly stuff not all ready done and won't be for a while or at all, and is possible to produce on a one by one basis easily at low volume numbers, for now anyway. (from small things big things grow!! as they say). If it is of any assistance to you or any body else I can offer repair services for exsisting rusty or damaged quarter panels (depending on degree of damage or rust that is) on a one by one basis.
Also I have a fair amount of accumilated second hand panels and parts and various body sections available on request. Cheers
Old 27-01-2010, 09:54 PM   #378
74xbkoop
74xbkoop

Hi Guys, Has anyone out there got a pair of stainless window dividers. I unpacked mine over the weekend and found they are damaged. Previous owner used pliers to crimp them onto the glass ( moron ). If anyone can help please pm me with details.

Cheers
Anthony
74xbkoop is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2010, 05:53 PM   #379
Shamal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74xbkoop
Hi Guys, Has anyone out there got a pair of stainless window dividers. I unpacked mine over the weekend and found they are damaged. Previous owner used pliers to crimp them onto the glass ( moron ). If anyone can help please pm me with details.

Cheers
Anthony

Hi Anthony

Aren't these available on eBay for about $45 bucks?

Cheers!
Old 29-01-2010, 09:05 PM   #380
XC GXL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74xbkoop

Cheers
Anthony
If this is the part you mean then there is one on ebay now http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ford-coupe-XA...item2a046c3028

Wayne
XC GXL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2010, 10:39 PM   #381
74xbkoop
74xbkoop

Hi Guys,

Had been looking on ebay had none there each time I checked and Work makes it hard for me to keep an eye on them. Im watching this one thanks Wayne. Coupe King has replied and may be able to help me out.

Thanks again guys
74xbkoop is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2010, 02:44 AM   #382
GreenNV

Hi All,

As always i know this is a bit of a long shot, but has anyone in WA got a XB GT/GS bonnet in reasonable condition for sale?

The bug catcher hanging out the hole in my current bonnet has to go, getting a bit to much unwanted attention from the boys in blue.

Cheers.
GreenNV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2010, 11:24 AM   #383
CJR09
RPO 77

Quote:
I Have been trying to obtain nos 1/4s to use for that purpose but not easy to come buy or cheap.

Hi coupe king - if you're serious on the nos rear quarters I may be able to hook you up, I know where some are that I ended up not using for my rebuild - pretty sure they are still available - are you going to use them for rebuild or mould to re-manufacture?

Q: If you have tried to sell it three times now and it is still not sold, do you think it might be over-priced?

A: It is over priced - just like all the other falcon coupes for sale!!

CJR09 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2010, 02:20 PM   #384
Big Mike
Acid Rush XB Coupe

Would be great to see NOS quarters going to a reproduction facility, so they can repair infinite cars, rather than just fixing one car.
Old 01-02-2010, 02:14 PM   #385
coupe king
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJR09
Hi coupe king - if you're serious on the nos rear quarters I may be able to hook you up, I know where some are that I ended up not using for my rebuild - pretty sure they are still available - are you going to use them for rebuild or mould to re-manufacture?
To answer your question and mikes
REPRODUCE!!!
REPRODUCE!!!
REPRODUCE!!!
As I already have used 1/4's for repairing cars if need be. But I would like to have unlimited (all be it repro) quarters for the cars I repair and be able to supply other people as well. If you could send me a pm with your contact number would be much appreciated. Cheers
Old 07-02-2010, 05:53 PM   #386
NQGT

Hi Guys im chaseing a set of black xb xc front seat belt droppers to finish my coupe has anybody got any for sale ? pm me if you have thanks
NQGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2010, 06:29 PM   #387
gtxb67

Quote:
Originally Posted by NQGT
Hi Guys im chaseing a set of black xb xc front seat belt droppers to finish my coupe has anybody got any for sale ? pm me if you have thanks
if you are talking about the drop link, then you will need to get the whole seat belt. it is illegal to modify or repair seatbelts i believe
Old 07-02-2010, 08:31 PM   #388
NQGT

Yes the drop link is what im chaseing there is a mob in perth that will reweb the rest and legaly and i have the retractable bottom parts.
NQGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2010, 09:02 PM   #389
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i have some xa coupe boot hinges and brackets - the ones spot welded onto the car, probably not a high demand thing but if someone needs a pair, im not going to use them

Twin Horns 8-9/74 and lower horn dated 7-8/74, GT hubcaps. GT aircleaner. Please pm me if you can help
xe351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2010, 12:18 AM   #390
GT-GTF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default body mouldings

Wanted, side body mouldings (protection pack) to suit xb coupe. PM me if you stripped a set off your coupe and didn't throw them away! Be honest, there is no way you would put them back on your coupe so you may as well sell them to a good home!
GT-GTF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post