Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 10-02-2021, 10:30 PM   #1
Spacehulk
Starter Motor

Default replacement fuel rail

Hi all

I have a ford falcon au2 ute... its done a fair few kms, 460Km but my mission is to keep it on the road as long as possible.. It was a gift from a mate as he got a new ute....

so over the time Ive had it, the "pedal to metal" response has been getting worse and worse to the point that Im driving like a grandma.

so Ive replaced almost all fuel related stuff and other easy stuff

plugs, leads, coil pack
air filter

fuel pump, fuel filter and regulator,

used heaps of injector cleaner and expensive fuel

even with all that the response wasn't good. So I bit the bullet and bought a set of injectors. As im replacing them, the amount of gunk that came out of the fuel rail was concerning, so I cleaned it with all the carby/brake cleaners on the market. Still was pretty dirty. Then finally ran some acid through it to get some of the rust out... and a lot came out..

So I started it today and the response sounded better (havent driven it yet) but the idle sounds rough.

My question is, where can I get new/aftermarket or even fuel rails from a newer model for my au2, I think the dirty fuel rail is what will let me done soon again..

or has anyone cut the end of the fuel rail (opposite where reg is) and put a cap or something that can allow me to get access to clean it properly...

cheers
Martin
Spacehulk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post