Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 17-01-2021, 08:16 PM   #1
marlin

Default BF ute taillights onto AU series 2 & 3 ute

Just thought I'd share this. I was told by the usual "experts" that a BF XR6 tub tailight loom doesnt work on AU utes when swapping IN bf tailights & XR6 rear bumper onto an AU.
Well, it was so easy,.... just plug n play. about 40 mins all up to swap out the loom & plug it in.
I was also told the bf reversing lights won't work when connected to AU loom (connector is just inside RH drivers wheelarch.
This wasn't true either, reverse lights worked great, much better than the dim AU bumper light.
Lastly I was told that BF XR6 auto and manual tub tailights looms are different for reversing light. Both BF auto and manual tub tailights looms are identical.
Just for the record I used a BF XR6 tub tailights loom (auto) onto 2001 AU XLS ute.(manual).

Hope this helps someone, listen to good advice like here on the forums, not the AU experts that seem to pop up at wrecking yards & car shows...
marlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 19-01-2021, 08:40 AM   #2
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Re: BF ute taillights onto AU series 2 & 3 ute

I hear you on the experts. I’ve taken time (years) out from car hobbies in the past when the clamour of idiots dribbling half-baked nonsense drowned my enjoyment. You take their “advice” in good faith and it shunts your down a rabbit-hole of fictional irrelevance.

Had an imported car with a coach built body, everyone was an “expert” about where it had been built. I looked up the business in Sands’ Sydney Directory to check the address, confirmed over several years. Not only were they wrong by about 2km but the coach builder’s premises still existed (as a furniture shop)! You could even see the original driveway into the street.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post