Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > ORSM Ford Cruise Car Club

ORSM Ford Cruise Car Club The one and only place for the ORSM Ford Cruise Car Club members Forums

Old 15-12-2005, 03:55 PM   #1
theboss290
FPV GT

Default Ofcc-sa Chapter

Hello to all

I would like to introduce myself, my name is Daniel Shigroff and I will be joining the OFCC-SA (ORSM FORD CRUISERS CLUB SA CHAPTER) I have spoken to Pete and will be speaking to Chris later about trying to get this club off the ground in S.A. I know the club has been started but, now needs to be taken to the next step where the club is registered.

I will be considering an acting president position at the moment should there be no objections by others and once I have officially joined. I don’t wish to step on any ones toes so regards to any person /s who have indicated their intentions for any of the club positions, the slate will be wiped clean and any interested persons may re apply for the positions available or simply register as a proposed member.

PLEASE NOTE ALL POSITIONS WILL BE IN AN ACTING POSITION UNTIL A GENERAL MEETING AND NOMINATIONS ARE TAKEN FOR THE POSITIONS WHERE THE PERSON WOULD THEN BECOME THE ELECTED BOARD MEMBER.

For this club to really get going we need to get numbers so I would like interested people to post, their interst in this thread as to a position they would like in the club or simply if they would like to become a member, I will update the list as we go so we can keep track.

If you have questions please ask or feel free to pm DOC or myself and DOC or I will get back to you A.S.A.P.

We really need to get the members, so as to get a committee together. Here is what’s needed,

The Committee is to consist of:
(a) The Office-Bearers of the Club
(b) A minimum of 3 General Committee members

The Office Bearers shall also be known as the Executive CommitteeThe Office-Bearers of the Club are to be:

Executive Committee
(a) President
(b) Vice-President
(c) Treasurer
(d) Secretary

Committee
1. Events Coordinator + Sub Committee
2. Show N Shine Coordinator + Sub Committee
3. Track N Drag Coordinator + Sub Committee
4. IT / Communications Coordinator + Sub Committee
5. Sponsorship / Marketing Coordinator + Sub Committee

If you know of any people, friends or family that have a well-presented ( FALCON BASED) ford (EA to BF) that have no knowledge of the club or the Internet get them to join! We need the numbers.

The OFCC-SA will strive to be a family orientated and friendly environment, With meet and greet for new members so nobody is a stranger, well organized cruises and events, with plenty of family day’s as well as the boys will be boys days ( GIRLS INCLUDED ) (track days, drags, show and shine etc) and as DOC suggested charity events or working bee’s. Once the committee is established we will work out an events calendar.

I have a feeling that this club could be really great and all we need is you! OH! And your FORD!!! :voldar02:

WE ALSO WELCOME COUNTRY BASED MEMBERS FROM THE NORTH / SOUTH OF THE CITY AND WILL WHERE WE CAN CRUISE MEET WITH YOU AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE.

ALSO NOTE IF YOUR FORD DOES NOT FIT THE FALCON BASED E SERIES ONWARDS (X-SERIES etc) YOU ARE ELIGABLE TO BECOME AN AFFILIATE MEMBER.

Cheers
Daniel Shigroff (theboss290) :Up_to_som

theboss290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2005, 04:20 PM   #2
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Great Stuff Daniel, to add to the list i have added below the list as it stands. ( Blank for now ) but please add your name and update to provide a clear picture moving forward.

I would also like to add that we ( here in SA ) plan to live up to our sister clubs /s by providing many trophies to our show cases through our events, meets / plan to blow away a few vics at the drags ( they cant have all the glory ) and in general maintian / exceed the already high standards set by Chris and the ORSM team in Vic.

So if you have PM'd or shown interest in the past or have been thinking about it, now is the time to put your hand up.

If there are more than 1 nomination for a position then a vote by all proposed members will determine the successful candidate.

( so feel free to nominate even if there is some one in the role )

cheers
Pete

Executive Committee
(a) President ( Daniel )
(b) Vice-President ( Vacant )
(c) Treasurer ( Vacant )
(d) Secretary ( Vacant )

Committee
1. Events Coordinator ( Vacant ) + Sub Committee ( Vacant )
2. Show N Shine Coordinator ( Vacant ) + Sub Committee ( Vacant )
3. Track N Drag Coordinator ( Vacant ) + Sub Committee ( Vacant )
4. IT / Communications Coordinator ( Vacant ) + Sub Committee ( Vacant )
5. Sponsorship / Marketing Coordinator ( Vacant ) + Sub Committee ( Vacant )

Club Member
DANIEL
DOC

Affiliate Member
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2005, 11:52 PM   #3
OFC

Welcome to the club Daniel and putting your hand up to head things up over there...
l think you and Doc will get things moving very fast...
Cheers Chris
OFC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2005, 08:13 PM   #4
5L
[ 5L ]

i join to come to cruises, not responsible enough to be on any commitee, but always keen for cruises and days at A.I.R.
[ 5L ] 2001 AU series 2 xr8, 220kw, 5speed, leather interior, premium sound, narooma blue, cat back exhaust, k&n filter,willall edit,MSD coil packs, MSD leads, monroe gt gas shocks, superlow kingsprings 187rwkw (mainline)

www.ignitionimages.com
5L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2005, 01:55 AM   #5
theboss290
FPV GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb5speed
i join to come to cruises, not responsible enough to be on any commitee, but always keen for cruises and days at A.I.R.
You’re more than welcome. _2:
Old 22-12-2005, 02:19 AM   #6
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Eb5speed, Welcome be glad to have you along and we plan to get to AIR on a regular basis ( all things permitting ) and hope to be setting some cruise dates shortly.

Pete
Old 22-12-2005, 07:22 PM   #7
5L
[ 5L ]

no dramas post or pm details on joining and we'll take it from there
[ 5L ] 2001 AU series 2 xr8, 220kw, 5speed, leather interior, premium sound, narooma blue, cat back exhaust, k&n filter,willall edit,MSD coil packs, MSD leads, monroe gt gas shocks, superlow kingsprings 187rwkw (mainline)

www.ignitionimages.com
5L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2005, 11:57 PM   #8
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

Quote:
no dramas post or pm details on joining and we'll take it from there
Welcome to the Club Bud....
X ORSMXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2005, 01:07 AM   #9
theboss290
FPV GT

Hello to all, just a quick update. I have sent out PM's to all people that have showed interest in the past in joining the OFCC-SA, Once I get a response from the PM’s I will be organizing a mini cruise + BBQ. Will post the info on the cruise soon.

Cheers

Daniel (theboss290) :Up_to_som

P.S. Any people interested in joining the club please doesn’t hesitate to post or PM me cheers.
Old 24-12-2005, 01:14 AM   #10
theboss290
FPV GT

Just a quick note WELCOME:

eb5speed
mack 6

:
Old 24-12-2005, 03:37 AM   #11
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Welcome Mack 6

Executive Committee
(a) President ( Daniel )
(c) Treasurer ( Vacant )
(d) Secretary ( Vacant )

Committee
2. Show N Shine Coordinator ( Vacant ) + Sub Committee ( Vacant )

Club Member
DANIEL
DOC
EB 5SPEED
MACK 6

Affiliate Member[/QUOTE]
Old 24-12-2005, 03:53 PM   #12
SVR73
Mr Polish

Why don't you take the vice president spot doc
You would make a great v/p

Will there be once monthly meetings conducted and if so where?
Depending on how well you promote/market/advertise the club, you should end up with the most numbers of any SA falcon club
XR6 XR8 club #'s are low, Tickford/FPV is down from over 100 cars to 55, FPV/XR has lost many due to members moving interstate and for unknown reasons and probably has same amount or less than tickford/fpv

Falcon car club is 86 but was 170 odd
Don't know GT club numbers

So many falcon's out there but it seems either people are p***ed off with clubs, can't afford to join and participate with busy careers, fuel cost and or family life
With so many falcon clubs it must be confusing and frustrating for potential members

Accepting any kind of falcon (EA to BF and others via the affilliate member) whether being a genuine tickford or FPV, a standard GLI, Forte or fairmont and highly modified forte's etc is an advantage as there are many people with modified models who cannot join the tickford, gt and fpv clubs

Good luck with it, hope it succeeds and that the funds you get from membership etc will be invested into the club which benefits the members and therefore does not simply fill someone's pocket
Old 24-12-2005, 04:35 PM   #13
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
SVR73]Why don't you take the vice president spot doc
You would make a great v/p
Probably so matt but with my work i often travel at last minutes notice and for for unforseen amounts of time, this along with even if i am at home i may get a work load that burrys me down for weeks on end as my work involves looking after everyone in OZ and it must be done otherewise i upset an entire national sales team, in addition i plan to travel aus a fair bet in the next 3 - 5 years with work. so with that any position would be unfair to any member as well, i have said this from day one to chris ( orsmxr) we are both happy that i help out and support where i can.

Quote:
yes i think so matt these decisions will be made by the committee / club memebers but i see no difference to any other club.

Quote:
Depending on how well you promote/market/advertise the club, you should end up with the most numbers of any SA falcon club
XR6 XR8 club #'s are low, Tickford/FPV is down from over 100 cars to 55, FPV/XR has lost many due to members moving interstate and for unknown reasons and probably has same amount or less than tickford/fpv
Matt, one area where i would put this way, marketing yes will be important, and the best way i feel this can be done is like anything i do and thats put 11o% into and provide quality over qty, ie win lots of awards at show n shines ( could use your help here ), great cruises and promotions etc, i have been lucky enough to spend some time with daniel and he is one great swithched on person who has mentioned family oriented days, charity days, and as you know with the orsm boys were out there so AIR and days like that are on the cards for the guys n girls to flex thier muscle, once again it will need the members input to make it all hppen its thier club.

as for getting members from other clubs it is not our attention to even try to attract people from these area's, i know people / am involved with these guys and they do a great job , and believe there are plenty of others out there that we can attract, i would also like to see that where we can join in with other clubs from time to time for events.

[IMG]Falcon car club is 86 but was 170 odd
Don't know GT club numbers

So many falcon's out there but it seems either people are p***ed off with clubs, can't afford to join and participate with busy careers, fuel cost and or family life
With so many falcon clubs it must be confusing and frustrating for potential members [/IMG]

Supply and demand has been around for years and those in general ( any business / club etc ) that do not adapt to subtle changes quickly enough usually fall by the way side, its just part of the game.

Quote:
Accepting any kind of falcon (EA to BF and others via the affilliate member) whether being a genuine tickford or FPV, a standard GLI, Forte or fairmont and highly modified forte's etc is an advantage as there are many people with modified models who cannot join the tickford, gt and fpv clubs
The club is E series based falcons onwards,with the older models as affiliates. but we would draw the line at a POS and by that peopel must respect thier car as if they dont care for thier ride then we probably wouldnt care for them, this of course would not include cars in the process of being built up. be good to see club memers working together on project cars as well )

Quote:
Good luck with it, hope it succeeds and that the funds you get from membership etc will be invested into the club which benefits the members and therefore does not simply fill someone's pocket
All funds as with any well run club are open and transparent and if they were to fill pockets i know some nasty lawyers who scare me and im on thier side and there would be no tollerance to any slim shady activities.

instead of wishing us luck mate get on the show n shine committee and be involved.

Pete
Old 24-12-2005, 04:36 PM   #14
theboss290
FPV GT

Well thanks for the comments SVR73 haven’t got a meeting place just of yet , see where it go's, as for peoples busy lives this is true I think this is one of the biggest hurdles we as a club or any club is going to have a problem with and as for the membership money that will go into running the club, club events, family and charity days. Definitely not in the pocket that is not what the club is about as Doc and I spoke of wanting some thing different, a club that is in the words of DOC: FOR THE PEOPLE BY THE PEOPLE.

cheers

Daniel (theboss290)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVR73

With so many falcon clubs it must be confusing and frustrating for potential members

Last edited by theboss290; 24-12-2005 at 04:43 PM.
Old 24-12-2005, 04:41 PM   #15
theboss290
FPV GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC

instead of wishing us luck mate get on the show n shine committee and be involved.

Pete
Yer! that sounds good! give it a go SV i think your up for VP as well :
Old 24-12-2005, 10:14 PM   #16
theboss290
FPV GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss290
Yer! that sounds good! give it a go SV i think your up for VP as well :

But seriously mate! Get involved in some way if not on the committee but as a member.

Daniel
Old 24-12-2005, 10:26 PM   #17
masters24
I gots me a UTE

Would love to join, however, i am 700kms from Adelaide, dont have a hot car and am tight on funds... But i love hearing about your cruises and all and i really hope it all works out for everything and everyone.

By the way, a very Merry Christmas too all...

masters24 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2005, 10:53 PM   #18
theboss290
FPV GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by masters24
Would love to join, however, i am 700kms from Adelaide, dont have a hot car and am tight on funds... But i love hearing about your cruises and all and i really hope it all works out for everything and everyone.

By the way, a very Merry Christmas too all...

Hi master24 please NOTE IF YOUR FORD DOES NOT FIT THE FALCON BASED E SERIES ONWARDS (X-SERIES etc) YOU ARE ELIGABLE TO BECOME AN AFFILIATE MEMBER.

Keep this in mind and have a very Merry Chritmas and a Happy and Safe New Year

Have a good one mate _2:

Daniel
Old 24-12-2005, 10:56 PM   #19
masters24
I gots me a UTE

I read that, although i wasnt worried about the model, more the fact that it is stock and in a way, boring...

Also, i wouldn't be able to make it to cruises, thanks all the same however...

masters24 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2005, 11:10 PM   #20
theboss290
FPV GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by masters24
I read that, although i wasnt worried about the model, more the fact that it is stock and in a way, boring...

Also, i wouldn't be able to make it to cruises, thanks all the same however...
well it's up to you but!!!

WE ALSO WELCOME COUNTRY BASED MEMBERS FROM THE NORTH / SOUTH OF THE CITY AND WILL WHERE WE CAN CRUISE MEET WITH YOU AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE.

we should be doing country cruises aswell, I have looked at your car and mate for a XE thats clean azzz. Some mags, lower and tint would make it look tuff! if you want to go that way but very clean car as is well done.
Old 25-12-2005, 12:03 AM   #21
awsome4.0
Banned

I am also interested in joining i spoke to (and meet doc-pete thanks for ride in in the devil XR)and just waiting for some more info looking forward to joining such a well respcted club c u soon
awsome4.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2005, 12:11 AM   #22
theboss290
FPV GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by awsome4.0
I am also interested in joining i spoke to (and meet doc-pete thanks for ride in in the devil XR)and just waiting for some more info looking forward to joining such a well respcted club c u soon
Try to keep your week end clear on January 7th, We that is Doc and I are organizing some thing a little special for a meet and greet mini cruise will post details soon. :Up_to_som :Up_to_som :Up_to_som _2:
Old 25-12-2005, 12:43 AM   #23
SVR73
Mr Polish

7th is out, committments with national series super sedan speedway in geelong
Gonna be a huge event
14th is my b/day and you and doc are more than welcome to join in on the cruise montyv8 is organising

Will consider your recommendations re - club
Old 25-12-2005, 12:29 PM   #24
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Anyone want to explain why X series cars only get affiliate non voting membership?

Some of the forum members here in SA are building/or have built some very high quality X series and other non falcon ford cars. Seems to me the best way to get a car club off the ground is to have an inclusive policy to encourage new members, not an exclusive policy that makes x series/fairlane/other members a bunch of second class citizens in a club they are contributing to.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2005, 12:52 PM   #25
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
Anyone want to explain why X series cars only get affiliate non voting membership?

Some of the forum members here in SA are building/or have built some very high quality X series and other non falcon ford cars. Seems to me the best way to get a car club off the ground is to have an inclusive policy to encourage new members, not an exclusive policy that makes x series/fairlane/other members a bunch of second class citizens in a club they are contributing to.
amen. SA already has too many 'exclusive' clubs and just look at them now.......

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2005, 12:56 PM   #26
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkinshaw
amen. SA already has too many 'exclusive' clubs and just look at them now.......
Any more talk like that Brother Walkinshaw and we'll make you hand your apron back !!
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2005, 06:55 PM   #27
XRchic
Hello

Quote:

I agree. Why cant we just have a Ford club which is for FORDS and not exclude anyone? The age of a car or size of a car is not a criteria for judging condition! Barry's ZC and Chris' Focus are perfect examples of non Falcon or pre-eseries cars which are immaculate, great cars and cars that anyone would be proud to cruise with (and do), compared to some newer cars which are not well looked after.

Why make the people who drive Fords which are out of the exclusive range affiliate members (ie, lesser in some regard)? Why not let people become members in full or not at all. I think that there are enough exclusive clubs in Adelaide (as others have said) which are hard enough to get into without creating another one. I didnt join one of them for the same reason.

I love going on cruises with the e-series guys as they welcome anyone along and there is not even an issue of membership at all - I have always been welcomed by those guys, and so has Eamon since he moved over here and many other non-e-series people. If some of them cannot join a club in full membership and cruise with me, then I wont be joining without them.

I dont care what kind of Ford someone drives. As long as it is a Ford and is in reasonable condition, then I love to cruise with them. Its just a personal policy of mine.

Jac

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2005, 05:13 PM   #28
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

Quote:

geez how things change since Myself and Leo came over from Melbourne to see all of you guys on thoughts of starting the Orsm Ford Cruisers of S.A...

The criterea for joining this club is From EA to current Falcon based models ie:gli,ghia,Ltd,fairlane,Xt,forte you surely get the jist of it.....

Full membership consists off $65 which gets you one full year of membership,and a club shirt also full discounts from the sponsors of the club.

The bottom line is if you don't want to join don't....

Also this club will not tollorate anybody making second class citizens out of the Members no matter what they drive.......this is not what the club is based on....

From the feedback l got when l was over there, was that there were to many ford clubs in Adelaide but they have no direction for the future.....Well maybe it's time to start a club from afresh so you guys can finally have a club you want.....and to be honest a club is only what you guys put into it,,,with all this negativity nowonder there are so many clubs over there......

Please dont take this the wrong way but that's how your attitude sounds way over here in Vic......it was so positive 6 months ago......

Last edited by X ORSMXR; 26-12-2005 at 05:24 PM.
X ORSMXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2005, 08:39 PM   #29
theboss290
FPV GT

Well well this is interesting!

I would like to start by saying hello to every one and I hope you all had a very merry Xmas. I know what you are saying but!! We are not changing the rules of the club and I think people need to get their facts straight before posting!

ORSM –SA has the same criteria for joining this club as the parent club in VIC,
From EA to current Falcon based models.

People who have non falcon based FORD’s or falcons that don’t fit within this criteria can join as an affiliate member. Affiliate members are not second-class citizens the only difference is that they cannot be part of the committee they still have the right to vote! And be part of all the events, family fun days and charity events.

This club will be just that a real club and not just a www.com, we will have a committee and a structured events calendar and decisions will be voted upon by all members affiliates included.

So there you have it, if you wish to join please do so if not don’t the decision is yours.

Cheers

Daniel (theboss290)

OFCC-SA PRESIDENT
Old 27-12-2005, 12:45 PM   #30
SVR73
Mr Polish

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC
Welcome Mack 6

Executive Committee
(a) President ( Daniel )
(c) Treasurer ( Vacant )
(d) Secretary ( Vacant )

Committee
2. Show N Shine Coordinator ( svr73) + Sub Committee ( Vacant )

Club Member
DANIEL
DOC
EB 5SPEED
MACK 6

Affiliate Member
[/QUOTE]

Screw it, I've sat on the fence enough in my life and If I continue this way, opportunities and life experiences will pass me by
I'm in