Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 24-07-2005, 03:06 AM   #1
losfp

Default I saw my first mk2 Focus on the road today!

Well, really it was parked

A silver Zetec at the Stanhope Gardens shops. They really are a nice little car, just makes me wish our CL sedan was already delivered :(

Whoever you are, curses be on you unto 10 generations for daring to have a Focus before me!!!!

losfp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2005, 07:14 PM   #2
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Ive seen a few dealer Demos on Test drives...

I haven't seen any private ones yet.....

Ours arrives at the dealership tomorrow FINALLY!
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2005, 09:03 PM   #3
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They are definately nice cars. I had a look at one today but it seems it might be a bit too small inside. Physically they aint a small car on the outside.

I didnt sit in it though as the dealer was closed. I sorta want the Zetec but dunno about performance figures. I want something faster than the TX5 thats for sure and all the figures that ive seen say I would still smash one so yeah doesnt sound good. For interests sake ive heard 0-100 is 10.1 somewhere. Transmission doesnt phase me in the least bit as long as one isnt better than the other in terms of performance.

Im doin about 8.5 now so i cant comprehend for the life of me how a newer car with more power and torque can be slower. If i do buy one it would definately be for the cosmetic value. They are really nice. I want a leather interior but seems thats only an option on the Ghia sedan.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2005, 09:39 PM   #4
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
They are definately nice cars. I had a look at one today but it seems it might be a bit too small inside. Physically they aint a small car on the outside.

I didnt sit in it though as the dealer was closed. I sorta want the Zetec but dunno about performance figures. I want something faster than the TX5 thats for sure and all the figures that ive seen say I would still smash one so yeah doesnt sound good. For interests sake ive heard 0-100 is 10.1 somewhere. Transmission doesnt phase me in the least bit as long as one isnt better than the other in terms of performance.

Im doin about 8.5 now so i cant comprehend for the life of me how a newer car with more power and torque can be slower. If i do buy one it would definately be for the cosmetic value. They are really nice. I want a leather interior but seems thats only an option on the Ghia sedan.

That was actually my initial impression when I first saw one- they look a lot smaller than the LR model. Inside though there is plenty of room, in comparison to mine I actually felt mine had a bit more physical space, but the new model makes better use of that space, and has the little extras like rear aircon vents that make it just that little bit nicer.

Dont worry so much about performance, its not all about how fast you go. Thats my opinion anyway - mine is slow, i miss the power of the Falcon terribly, but i know it wont always be like that.
Old 24-07-2005, 11:20 PM   #5
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Yes, you want a car that has the ability to carry its speed AROUND the corner

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2005, 12:11 AM   #6
zetec
Zoom Zoom

I can tell you with certainty that both the Auto and Manual SMASH the 10.1 second mark. The manual especially. I don't think sub-9 seconds would be far fetched for the manual.
Old 25-07-2005, 12:23 AM   #7
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
Yes, you want a car that has the ability to carry its speed AROUND the corner
I can do that easily in my car now although i doubt it would match up to the Focus. Handling is one of the most important things i consider in a car. Lots of people talk about their massive V8s and that but when they get to a corner they are screwed lol. Some one should tell them not every road is straight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I can tell you with certainty that both the Auto and Manual SMASH the 10.1 second mark. The manual especially. I don't think sub-9 seconds would be far fetched for the manual.
Thanks for that. Ill have to to take one one for a test drive.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2005, 06:42 PM   #8
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

The interior space width-wise is pretty much identical, as Matt and I proved when transferring an unfitted bodykit from the LS Focus Ghia to my LR Focus. The LS Focus is more roomy inside though, the legroom in the back, and boot space particularly.

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2005, 04:02 PM   #9
losfp

And suddenly they're appearing from everywhere! To this point I'd only seen two LS Focuseses on the road (a silver Zetec and a silver CL hatch).. But walking down Pacific Hwy in St Leonards today to get my lunch, I saw two within seconds! What looked to be a white Ghia, and a silver LX sedan.

Now they're just taunting me
losfp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2005, 04:06 PM   #10
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

I saw one recently up here. Look very sweet.
Old 19-08-2005, 01:43 AM   #11
whippet_zetec
Supes

Quote:
Originally Posted by losfp
Well, really it was parked

A silver Zetec at the Stanhope Gardens shops. They really are a nice little car, just makes me wish our CL sedan was already delivered :(

Whoever you are, curses be on you unto 10 generations for daring to have a Focus before me!!!!
ha...I live in "Newbury" and use those shops...cant say I've seen any of the new Foci around....but I know where to find 3 ST170 in my estate
Old 19-08-2005, 04:24 PM   #12
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippet_zetec
ha...I live in "Newbury" and use those shops...cant say I've seen any of the new Foci around....but I know where to find 3 ST170 in my estate
10 bucks says thy're all from Power Ford and that I sold one of them!!!!! :
Old 25-08-2005, 11:37 PM   #13
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I JUST SAW A BLACK ZETEC MK2 WITH CHROMES......mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... Plates were ZET33C!!!!!!!!!!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 26-08-2005, 02:10 AM   #14
zetec
Zoom Zoom

You didn't see it near Petersham did you? I saw tht 2 weeks ago!!!! Sensational looking thing.
Old 26-08-2005, 03:35 AM   #15
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
You didn't see it near Petersham did you? I saw tht 2 weeks ago!!!! Sensational looking thing.
YES!!!!!!!! In petersham.... as im porko (Portuguese) im there often... so i should see that car more often, and hopefully the owner will see my EFC sticker.......

Old 27-08-2005, 03:43 PM   #16
simonr
Focus Rookie

Faa we want that focus in our forum..

Is there a new Mk2 ST 170??
Old 27-08-2005, 09:15 PM   #17
zetec
Zoom Zoom

It has been debuted in Geneva, Focus ST (technically an ST220 given it has 220HP) running 18 inch rims, a 2.5 litre inline 5 cylinder Turbo (Volvo T5 engine) with 220hp or 162kw... if that's not enough then you're definitely a speed freak!! Should be good for 0-1000 around the 6.8-6.9 mark, just like a VW Golf. MMMMMMMMMMM