Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 18-01-2016, 09:10 PM   #1
XR6Turb
Boooooooost me baby!!

Default 2009 WS Fiesta Radiator Cooling Fan

My daughters 09 Fiesta's rad cooling fan is shot. Seems to be a bit of an issue with these cars after some research. Cant find one 2nd hand and Fraud want $450!!

Pulled it out and pulled out the motor. Pulled the motor apart and its def shot. No brushes left and one of the springs had damaged the commutator. On a side note, it would probably cost $20 to make this in China the thieves.

I have found a new complete fan off the earlier WP, WQ model for $145 delivered. It looks identical in every way. Even if the fan surround is different, the motor and mounts look identical.

Anyone know if I can simply use the motor out of the earlier WQ model in the WS fan surround?
-
Australian Virtual Tours
Proud to be the leaders in Virtual Tour Technologies
-
-
XR6Turb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2016, 09:32 PM   #2
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 
Default Re: 2009 WS Fiesta Radiator Cooling Fan

I had a look at the catalogue for you but it does not show the motor seperate so I cannot confirm for you. WS Fiesta has three different thermofan assemblies. 1 for vehicles with no A/C, 2 with A/C less sensor and 3 with A/C with sensor. If I had the part number for the motor I could cross check between all models, but since there is no listing I cannot check.

Sorry...
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 18-01-2016, 09:45 PM   #3
XR6Turb
Boooooooost me baby!!

Ok thanks for that. The fan motor I took out is a simple apply 12V and it runs. I wonder if the difference in the 3 is purely housings and how the motor is triggered rather than difference in motor itself. I guess there's one way to find out
-
Australian Virtual Tours
Proud to be the leaders in Virtual Tour Technologies
-
-
XR6Turb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2016, 09:52 PM   #4
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

I think you should be ok. I would check any manufacturer part or serial numbers on the motor itself and see if they are the similar or the same.
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: