Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 10-03-2020, 06:57 PM   #1711
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Default Re: What made you feel good today?

Kicking goals...
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2020, 07:11 PM   #1712
JamoRS
Starter Motor

Knowing I still haven't got Corona Virus!
And I have heaps of toilet paper still!!
JamoRS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-03-2020, 08:40 PM   #1713
.:4:.
Kicking back

Took my kid out for dinner and he makes me laugh at times. I told him i knocked back to offer for his grandpas jag. His response was why, when i can daily that and make my ford really fast because its a barra. Hmmm, 10 year old too much youtube logic. Real world. Work car = fuel card. Ill stick to dailying the ute. Then later my mum made a reference to the 85 holden camira she had when i was a kid. My kid asked what that was and my mum actually gave a reasonable answer. Looks like a smaller 80s commodore wagon. My kid looked at her with disgust that she had a holden. I put his mind at ease, it was an xd wags before that and an ef wags after. For the most part of what my kid remembers is when ive had my ford, my brothers had his ford and his mum had a ford and for 3 years up untill recently my work car was a ford too. Its not even brand snobbery or anything from the reasons of ownership either, its taxi reliability. Well, my 08 fairmont ghia was a good price and a nice car when i got it.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2020, 07:15 AM   #1714
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamoRS View Post
Knowing I still haven't got Corona Virus!
And I have heaps of toilet paper still!!
BULLUAH brother
Old 11-03-2020, 07:26 AM   #1715
JamoRS
Starter Motor

Keh Manuel??
JamoRS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2020, 01:58 PM   #1716
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Just cracked open the D&G panettone I was sent last festive season. Awesomeness in an enamelled tin.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2020, 02:34 PM   #1717
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Just cracked open the D&G panettone I was sent last festive season. Awesomeness in an enamelled tin.
re-gifting Panettone is a form of gearboxing really
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2020, 01:19 PM   #1718
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

A good day within a rather below-average week.

Took another load of green waste to Kimbriki. At the gate to the vegetation dumping section was the bloke who gave me a set of “Cut Above” loppers last fortnight - they’d apparently been lost and unclaimed for several weeks. I told him how they came in handy as my original loppers cracked a blade the very next day - he was happy to hear that.

The vege section is being revamped, they’re using more area to process the waste and getting through it faster. They’ve changed the methodology at the face too, piles are moved much faster and put through the first stage of mulching. As a green waste tipper you now can see what’s going on and actually feel like you’re contributing to a useful process - not dumping rubbish. I meant to take a pic or two, plain forgot.

And the icing on the cake? Gate bloke was bored, not much traffic today and he came over to help me drag the bottom tarp out. Saved a good five minutes and some sweating.

One or two more loads and the yard transformation will be complete. My customer is genuinely amazed at how much he actually owns - a good quarter of the unbuilt area was lost to scrub, weeds and overgrowth.
2 users like this post:
Old 13-03-2020, 04:42 PM   #1719
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Beautiful day here so went out on a mini tour of Chiltern, Howlong, Barnawatha region.
Been looking for the freeway crossing of the old Hume Hwy at Chiltern and found the road mostly covered at a railway crossing.

Followed the Chiltern back roads over the Murray and found The federation walking track beside the river at Howlong. Would be a good one to walk in winter.
Proceeded back through to Barny on the Murray Valley Hwy and had a great walk up along Major Mitchells track at Chiltern valley wetlands.

This area is part of the gold rush diggings with large quartzite hills created from the mining here.

The track is literally paved with gold (fools gold)

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 13-03-2020, 05:03 PM   #1720
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

You win, by a full length. What a great ramble in one of the nicest areas.
This user likes this post:
Old 13-03-2020, 05:07 PM   #1721
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
You win, by a full length. What a great ramble in one of the nicest areas.
Not a panicky toilet roll hoarder to be seen.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2020, 06:38 PM   #1722
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Doing battle with a liquidambar.

Going to fully expose all services, wrap in joint foam then encase with minimum 100 cover to bridge between/under the pad footing outside of stairs, and the structural footing on the wall.

Just posting to show I don’t constantly prance about quoting Sylvia Plath and listening to Erik Satie, or fixing broken cars.
3 users like this post:
Old 15-03-2020, 10:25 AM   #1723
Kicking back

Walking out of the house and looking at my boat. So yesterday i was sussing out options for wheels and tyres. 14 inch light truck tyres are expensive. It needs LTs because of load rating. 350kg of trailer with a 1200kg boat on a single axle. But yesterday i chucked on one of my spare au 17x7 wheels. Offset is wrong so it doesnt fit, but its on there with the tyre aired out. Looks good. So my next move is try one of my brothers e series 15 x 6 wheels he has lying around. Offset should be apples and finding 195/15 Lts should be easier and cheaper then anything 14 inch. Ed fairmont rims will be different on a trailer but should look better then galvinised sunraisiers.
Old 15-03-2020, 11:29 AM   #1724
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

14” light truck tyres should be a similiar price to 15”.Anyway why scrimp on a few dollars if you are moving thousands of dollars worth of boat on the road.
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2020, 12:30 PM   #1725
Kicking back

Its not really cheaping out considering the 14s had 185s on them. Going slightly wider with a 195 i cant see being detrimental as its a single axle and its close enough to the limit of it should be a tandem. But, its the trailer it came on from the dealer, got it new so no dodgeyness. Granted new in 2003. Ed fairmont wheels im going to try next. Just so i can move the thing about. I still need to do the brakes. The original tyres tread wise were ok, but age wise the tread separated, i was impressed, not in a good way. Also, the boat looks good. So why not bring the trailer up to a similar standard of looking good¿
Old 15-03-2020, 12:35 PM   #1726
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Its not really cheaping out considering the 14s had 185s on them. Going slightly wider with a 195 i cant see being detrimental as its a single axle and its close enough to the limit of it should be a tandem. But, its the trailer it came on from the dealer, got it new so no dodgeyness. Granted new in 2003. Ed fairmont wheels im going to try next. Just so i can move the thing about. I still need to do the brakes. The original tyres tread wise were ok, but age wise the tread separated, i was impressed, not in a good way. Also, the boat looks good. So why not bring the trailer up to a similar standard of looking good¿
I understand that you want heavier tyres because really 185 tyres shouldn’t have been fitted to that weight combo,195x14 LT tyres are probably a couple of bucks cheaper than 15” and the same load capacity.
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2020, 04:41 PM   #1727
MercuryT
Banned

Bought a second hand road bike last week. Got a great deal on a Wilier. (Italian brand)

Absolutely loved the ride.....haven't been for years and can't wait to get back into it.
MercuryT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2020, 05:02 PM   #1728
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

was in local woolies buying 10litre water as I do every week.

dropkick walks in with trolley of TP and asks for a refund. shop manager refuses (quietly) shopper thinks throwing a hissy fit will work....bad mistake, customers waiting all jeer the shopper and being a smallish town a lot of shoppers knew him as well, calling him personally all sorts of names.
Dont think the manager has received so much praise in a long time
Old 16-03-2020, 05:43 PM   #1729
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

…Seeing there’s a few dry days coming up in Sydney. Will be nice to have my tree root job finished.
2 users like this post:
Old 18-03-2020, 04:04 PM   #1730
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Finally scraped to rock (floater, for sure) and just a wet gritty slurry remains. Time for calcestruzzo.

Old 18-03-2020, 04:10 PM   #1731
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Heart stress test went OK. I was told I am 'above average'

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 20-03-2020, 08:42 PM   #1732
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Heading home and not having the corona virus !
Old 21-03-2020, 12:54 PM   #1733
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

All the racetracks are closed except for this one ;)

I go back on the 4th of April to attempt to beat my best time in a Holden !!
4 users like this post:
Old 21-03-2020, 05:51 PM   #1734
MercuryT
Banned

Not being with my Ex Wife always makes me feel great every day.
MercuryT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 21-03-2020, 07:37 PM   #1735
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuryT View Post
Not being with my Ex Wife always makes me feel great every day.
if we ask her the same question....will we get the same answer
Old 21-03-2020, 07:41 PM   #1736
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

Got some TP...

Nizpro equipped and Tuned by the BEST in the west
Xtreme Ford Tuning

479RwKw Fuel limited, more pumps and power too come.

F6#0507 & #0639 Pro racer and Tech expert

NIZPRO modifying falcons like Premcar can only dream of , see VIDEO below.
https://youtu.be/oa4IfguGQ-A
arronm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2020, 03:28 PM   #1737
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Pan-fried buckwheat and button mushrooms, shredded beet and aioli salad, bocconcini steeped in truffle oil and honey.

Old 22-03-2020, 06:49 PM   #1738
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

faaart that almost looks inedible, wheres the meat,
Old 22-03-2020, 07:09 PM   #1739
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Yesterday I had a customer approach me and ask if that Ranger in the car park was mine. Feeling concerned that something was wrong, I said yes cautiously. The guy went on to say that he had spotted it a few times and that it was the cleanest ute he has ever seen. Made my day hearing that. As we chatted, turns out he is a Ford nut like me. He then mentioned his FG-X XR8, my jaw dropped and I told him I had one too. Was such a nice encounter, a chance conversation that gave me such a lift for the day.

And today I spotted an immaculate Ford Econovan like below drive past as I was mowing.

Now I know these aren't especially interesting or special, but these things are usually worked into the ground. This thing was gleaming. It made me smile knowing that the owner respects his machinery.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 22-03-2020, 07:18 PM   #1740
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Roos beating the Saints today and coming from 5 goals down. I changed my footy picks to the Roos so glad they got up.

BA XR6 Mk II Shockwave Sedan - Now Sold - gone but not forgotten

mods: 20% under drive, Pacemaker Comps 4495' (ceramic coated) , 3' Metal Cat, XR6T exhaust - twin 3' tips, F6 CAI, K&N panel filter, PWR trans cooler, customed tuned by Heinrich Performance Tuning HPT 183.7rwkw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
You have become the new SLOANY mate, no real quality to your current post(s).
MoreHPformyXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post