Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 19-02-2017, 11:16 AM   #1141
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: US Presidential Elections - Boring or Important to Australia?

What is he up to now?

I feel like I've died and woken up 12 months ago.
Lots of alternative facts being thrown around - yuuuuge facts!

2016 Falcon XR8. Powered by the legend that is - David Winter.
XC Cobra #181.
1985 Mack Superliner, CAT 3408, 24 speed Allison.
Old 19-02-2017, 11:47 AM   #1142
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here's the thing with Trump and what's being reported, you cannot trust what is being written about him or his administration from any source. There is no middle ground in the media with him, they either worship the ground he walks on or they despise him (which is almost every one). The news coverage, and even coverage on social media, makes me sick. Normally I read news from everywhere, left wing, right wing, independent, and take a bit from everything and get a pretty good idea of what's going on. But with him I don't feel like I can truely believe anything that's being written. Rupert wonders why people aren't reading his papers or visiting his websites anymore, maybe he should pull his reporters and editors into line.

What ever you think about him, he won their election under their electoral system fair and square. Plenty of governments have been elected despite losing the popular vote, that's how our systems work. Get over it and just report what's happening.
8 users like this post:
Old 19-02-2017, 11:55 AM   #1143
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamz Ghia View Post
Here's the thing with Trump and what's being reported, you cannot trust what is being written about him or his administration from any source. There is no middle ground in the media with him, they either worship the ground he walks on or they despise him (which is almost every one). The news coverage, and even coverage on social media, makes me sick. Normally I read news from everywhere, left wing, right wing, independent, and take a bit from everything and get a pretty good idea of what's going on. But with him I don't feel like I can truely believe anything that's being written. Rupert wonders why people aren't reading his papers or visiting his websites anymore, maybe he should pull his reporters and editors into line.

What ever you think about him, he won their election under their electoral system fair and square. Plenty of governments have been elected despite losing the popular vote, that's how our systems work. Get over it and just report what's happening.
"The first casualty of war is truth"

- various

Scaled Business Solutions
For Your Small Business IT Needs
4 users like this post:
Old 19-02-2017, 12:08 PM   #1144
Trump
bitch lasagne

An "interesting" opinion piece in "The Age" this morning:

http://www.theage.com.au/comment/wha...17-guf6fp.html

This user likes this post:
Old 19-02-2017, 12:25 PM   #1145
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trump View Post
An "interesting" opinion piece in "The Age" this morning:

http://www.theage.com.au/comment/wha...17-guf6fp.html

3 users like this post:
Old 19-02-2017, 01:57 PM   #1146
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
"The first casualty of war is truth"

- various
Which by definition is shutting down the free media and letting the propaganda machine loose.

No doubt the media are acting up. Why?

XC Cobra #181.
Old 19-02-2017, 03:38 PM   #1147
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Bullet View Post
Which by definition is shutting down the free media and letting the propaganda machine loose.

That's the thing though, the free press isn't free...

Old 19-02-2017, 03:46 PM   #1148
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Because MSM, or #FakeStreamMedia which is what they really are, have been caught out parroting the false narrative from their global elite pay masters.

The National Press Club announcement from Robert Kennedy Jr and Robert DeNiro's $100,000 challenge from the World Mercury Project is just one example of MSM refusing to report on a controversial subject as vaccines, because MSM received billions of dollars in advertising dollars from the Harmaceutic industry.

It makes sense though....would you bite or cut off the hand that feeds you?

The fourth estate of government, free press, has completely failed the populations around the world. The MSM these days is no more than a mouthpiece for government and their corporate pay masters.

The establishment don't like Trump, as he won't implement what Empress Clinton would have done.
3 users like this post:
Old 19-02-2017, 03:51 PM   #1149
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
That's the thing though, the free press isn't free...
Of course it is. Subject to libel laws etc that every citizen must live by.

Trump would love to have them all gagged if he could.

XC Cobra #181.
Old 19-02-2017, 03:56 PM   #1150
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Jim Acosta from CNN must feel like an absolute twit being singled out by Trump, and laughed at by his peers.
Old 19-02-2017, 04:40 PM   #1151
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

This is not going to end well for the MSM. The MSM keeps on with their fake news and Trump keeps smashing them with facts...

Trump infront of a huge rally 18/2/2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZpKJz7-cvk .. anyone who thinks he can not speak had better listen to this.
2 users like this post:
Old 19-02-2017, 04:50 PM   #1152
Peterwl

Retired Hurt !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s-qTV2Eez8

How does this deranged goose become a TV host ?

If this is what the western world has been reduced to, maybe we should submit to ISIS or have WW3 and start over again.

2009 FG XR6 5 Speed
2002 VX II Commodore Equipe 3.8 Auto
Old 19-02-2017, 04:58 PM   #1153
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post
This is not going to end well for the MSM. The MSM keeps on with their fake news and Trump keeps smashing them with facts...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZpKJz7-cvk .. anyone who thinks he can not speak had better listen to this.
Why won't it end well? What does that mean.

The failing NY times has got record subscriptions
The Washington Post is breaking stories about Trumps NSA which saw him fired.
CNNs ratings are up.

There are 7 congressional investigations underway about Trump's campaign and it's links to Russia. When that is out of the way and he is given a clean bill of health then we can get onto looking at his policies.
Old 19-02-2017, 05:02 PM   #1154
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post

I only got about ten minutes In before I stopped it, but I agree, he was speaking well and looking relaxed.

Interesting times ahead.
Old 19-02-2017, 05:44 PM   #1155
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Of course it is. Subject to libel laws etc that every citizen must live by.

Trump would love to have them all gagged if he could.
If something is considered libel by one person but turns out to be fact isn't libel.

However my point wasn't about the freedom of the press per se, but the fact that the press/MSM are owned by hideously wealthy organisations. As such they are not news services, but agenda driven sources of propaganda. I trust the mainstream media about as much as I trust Trump's "alternate facts"... not at all.

The US is on a knife edge, and those that stand to benefit from its collapse are lining the dominoes up...

3 users like this post:
Old 19-02-2017, 08:31 PM   #1156
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
If something is considered libel by one person but turns out to be fact isn't libel.

However my point wasn't about the freedom of the press per se, but the fact that the press/MSM are owned by hideously wealthy organisations. As such they are not news services, but agenda driven sources of propaganda. I trust the mainstream media about as much as I trust Trump's "alternate facts"... not at all.

The US is on a knife edge, and those that stand to benefit from its collapse are lining the dominoes up...
"Media moguls" don't bother me so much, someone has to own them and everyone has bias. It's up to us to determine that bias.
What worries me is the decline of traditional news gathering and reporting of facts and the rise of "comment"
I blame the 24 hour news cycle - there's not enough 24/7 NEWS to report so they resort to "commentators" instead.

It's not news and it sure isn't journalism.

XC Cobra #181.
5 users like this post:
Old 19-02-2017, 10:27 PM   #1157
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So the discrediting of the media is well and truly underway. The concerted effort to blend comment as entertainment and dissenting expose and critique undermines the effect of the third estate, and fascism and other isms can reinforce their base. This is evident in western economies. And the damaging spiral is exponential, as even politicians not just extreme bloggers claim bias, agenda and lies, and give credibility to the notion to those not prepared to think. Because a news article/story doesn't agree with your own opinion doesn't mean its not true, that the reporter has a bias or agenda other than the truth. I acknowledge the profession of journalism has been watered down over recent decades. I have award wining journalists as friends and dont think much of their performance, but there are many who dont fall into this category. But how do you know.
So if journalists aren't to be trusted anymore, where do people get their news, and reporting on events the facts. I'm pretty sure nobody on this forum are at once an economist, legal expert, diplomat, industrialist nor have an inside line to those in power to form their own opinion of actual facts.
Perhaps in a time where the truth is no longer a prerequisite of honesty, the individual needs to broadly read opposing opinions, mix with available news, observe for themselves and form their own opinion. Doesn't take long to work out a feasible reality between it all.
World would be a better place if we all did this
2 users like this post:
Old 19-02-2017, 11:34 PM   #1158
George V
Donating Member
Donating Member3

There is no such thing as news reporting anymore, not for a long time, it is more of a commentary of news and events now. Media organisations used to be the opinion makers or at least had a hand in consolidating a particular point pf view. They still set the agenda.

We all subscribe to the news outlets which reflect our way of thinking and believe their version of news / opinion / commentary ; possibly sharing the same opinion bubble with like-minded people.

We all believe Ford (used to) make better cars than Holden and wonder how on earth Holden outsold Ford on a routine basis. MSM, Hollywood industry etc are not much different either.

RE Rupert, News Ltd is a relatively small fish, Comcat is the topdog - annual turnover USD 80 Billion, Operating Income USD 17 Billion. According to Wikipedia, their CEO controls one third of all voting shares of this company which gives him "effective control over [Comcast's] every step". Comcast was among the top backers of Barack Obama's presidential runs.

Media organisations do have their own agendas and their favourites. Of course there is nothing wrong with that.

Regards,
George V
Old 19-02-2017, 11:57 PM   #1159
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpblue1000 View Post
So the discrediting of the media is well and truly underway. The concerted effort to blend comment as entertainment and dissenting expose and critique undermines the effect of the third estate, and fascism and other isms can reinforce their base. This is evident in western economies. And the damaging spiral is exponential, as even politicians not just extreme bloggers claim bias, agenda and lies, and give credibility to the notion to those not prepared to think. Because a news article/story doesn't agree with your own opinion doesn't mean its not true, that the reporter has a bias or agenda other than the truth. I acknowledge the profession of journalism has been watered down over recent decades. I have award wining journalists as friends and dont think much of their performance, but there are many who dont fall into this category. But how do you know.
So if journalists aren't to be trusted anymore, where do people get their news, and reporting on events the facts. I'm pretty sure nobody on this forum are at once an economist, legal expert, diplomat, industrialist nor have an inside line to those in power to form their own opinion of actual facts.
Perhaps in a time where the truth is no longer a prerequisite of honesty, the individual needs to broadly read opposing opinions, mix with available news, observe for themselves and form their own opinion. Doesn't take long to work out a feasible reality between it all.
That is one of the problems of the current power structure; it is so far removed from the governed, it has become irrelevant and to be honest, a threat to the governed unlike any other, perceived or real. The governed should not need "an inside line" if those we choose to represent us are truly our servants (and not the other way round).

Old 20-02-2017, 07:21 AM   #1160
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Quote:
Most of the time I rely on left wing socialist for the news, I figure out what would be the diametrically opposite to what they say, apply a little bit of clear thinking and bingo.
Old 20-02-2017, 07:52 AM   #1161
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That explains a lot cheap, opposing a single point of view always leads to a very narrow mind. Assess that point of view balance it against a spectrum of others and perhaps you'll enlighten yourself. There is rarely a single truth other than the one you witness personally, and even then bias and perspective cloud ones view.
JP
Old 20-02-2017, 07:56 AM   #1162
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Uranium!
Sweden
Old 20-02-2017, 08:52 AM   #1163
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

What about the watered down media requirements (legislation) of reporting the truth? No wonder things are the way they are in the western world..

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Old 20-02-2017, 09:48 AM   #1164
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/...4cb100d3d062d8
2 users like this post:
Old 20-02-2017, 02:26 PM   #1165
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

NASA

http://dailycaller.com/2017/02/16/tr...ve-10-billion/

Old 20-02-2017, 07:01 PM   #1166
CJR09
RPO 77

so hes in bed with comrade Vlad and now he's looking to get it on with Kim-jong

link

Q: If you have tried to sell it three times now and it is still not sold, do you think it might be over-priced?

A: It is over priced - just like all the other falcon coupes for sale!!

Old 20-02-2017, 07:36 PM   #1167
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

China hit North Korea with this. That's a cash 'Injection' they will miss.

http://fortune.com/2017/02/18/china-...-assasination/
Old 20-02-2017, 07:43 PM   #1168
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Trump is a Narcissist that is only interested in his popularity and image. This whole thing is "about him" and not about the people of America.

We are going to see a lot of WTF moments for a long time.
Old 20-02-2017, 08:30 PM   #1169
CJR09
RPO 77

from 1990

vid

Q: If you have tried to sell it three times now and it is still not sold, do you think it might be over-priced?

Old 20-02-2017, 08:44 PM   #1170
CJR09
RPO 77

Washington Times on day without immigrants

Closed Thread