Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-06-2005, 02:49 AM   #1
CSV_LS1
I used to have a nice car

Default All New Falcon In 2006?

Do they mean the facelift or are we wrong in thinking there will be a facelift later this year?:

Ford has an all-new Falcon coming in 2006 when Toyota is expected to renew its Camry.
"I think we'll be before them. But I don't know," Mooney said.

LINK
CSV_LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2005, 08:18 AM   #2
paul7v7
bring it on

i would say it is the facelifted one due this year? all reports indicate that the ALL NEW falcon (project orion) is due 2007.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:37 AM   #3
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

final update to BA this year, all new falcon in late 06 early 07.
JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2005, 12:39 PM   #4
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

BA MkIII?

I'm intrigued...
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2005, 02:21 PM   #5
Axle-F
AU - YEA YOU!

all articles i've read have pointed to a new falcon slated for '07...
Old 03-06-2005, 03:02 PM   #6
WASP
Whipple Induced

Update in October 2005. All new said to be in the first quarter of 2007.
Old 03-06-2005, 04:24 PM   #7
Fairlane
V8 Powaah

Pretty sure they have gotta upgrade the BA a bit this year in order to pass new emissions requirements. All signs also point to the high end models getting ZF 6 speed auto's.

As for Orion I think that still a ways off.

XF S pack Sedan- AU 302 Windsor, T5, 2.77 LSD, Many Mods
Fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2005, 04:26 PM   #8
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairlane
Pretty sure they have gotta upgrade the BA a bit this year in order to pass new emissions requirements. All signs also point to the high end models getting ZF 6 speed auto's.

Thats pretty similar to how I understood it too.
Old 03-06-2005, 04:50 PM   #9
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L
BA MkIII?

I'm intrigued...
Really? with the updates MkII got I'm not getting excited...
M14A-Mclaren is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2005, 06:19 PM   #10
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

I wouldnt be either....

Its only going to be another slight upgrade with the introduction of the six speed auto like the intro of the six speed manual in the Mark II's.

I highly doubt we will see any wheel changes, just trim changes, a few new colours and probarly a few more standed features across the range, eg. Side Airbags. The XT will probarly also get colour coding like the AU III Forte did. Its only about 4 - 5 months away.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2005, 06:57 PM   #11
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairlane

"BEWARE" all new emissions standard means less exhaust noise ( this is true ) this is part of the reason i bought a 2005 model. the v8 noise will be gone next year. also nobody ( EVEN FORD DEALERS ) can tell u the differance between AU11 TO AU111 other than the rebel kit and 220kw engine on the top end xr. so not expecting much on the ba111 as most upgrades come out with mk11s. i reads in a mag , ithink it was ford performance some months back about the new laws coming in aust regarding noise it stated that from 2006 onwards a v8 will sound like a standard 6cly in order to meet the requirements. the article also stated that the government were keen to keep it hush hush as they knew it would create a storm with car enthusiasts. the US are aloud to have exhausts 2 times louder than ours now and the us is not dropping their noise levels in the future.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2005, 07:07 PM   #12
YOOT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
"BEWARE" all new emissions standard means less exhaust noise ( this is true ) this is part of the reason i bought a 2005 model. the v8 noise will be gone next year. also nobody ( EVEN FORD DEALERS ) can tell u the differance between AU11 TO AU111 other than the rebel kit and 220kw engine on the top end xr. so not expecting much on the ba111 as most upgrades come out with mk11s. i reads in a mag , ithink it was ford performance some months back about the new laws coming in aust regarding noise it stated that from 2006 onwards a v8 will sound like a standard 6cly in order to meet the requirements. the article also stated that the government were keen to keep it hush hush as they knew it would create a storm with car enthusiasts. the US are aloud to have exhausts 2 times louder than ours now and the us is not dropping their noise levels in the future.
An even better reason to ditch the V8 for the better Turbo six :hihi:
YOOT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2005, 07:15 PM   #13
lizardmech

Why do they keep decreasing the noise limits? Some of the euro cars sound louder than the limit stock as it is. Quiet cars are more dangerous for pedestrians as well.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2005, 07:25 PM   #14
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
couldn't be further from the truth.

euro xx is about emissions. Drive by noise is a different kettle of fish.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post