Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 01-06-2005, 09:32 PM   #1
8pAc
RDP #181

Default Wtf Screw U Channel 7

WTF is this sh*t with beyond tomorrow taking MythBusters footage from sbs and making it look like Adam and Jamie work for the 7 team BAH i hope SBS wasnt aware of this purely for my personal idea of the standards that SBS have.

WTF it looks like its a weeek to week bullshit ripoff. too think i thought a new beyond 2000 show would be, perhaps, just maybe, a cool idea to bring back. Not now : : :
8pAc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2005, 09:50 PM   #2
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I thought it was a good show.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2005, 10:03 PM   #3
8pAc
RDP #181

I thought it was good till the point where the took someone elses show and made it look like there own hard work, blood, sweat and tears. The show could have done without it in my opinion
Old 01-06-2005, 10:07 PM   #4
LTDHO
The one and only

it happens, someone had to take it from SBS!

hold on, I have a call and I'm filling the tank, brb
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2005, 10:08 PM   #5
Headsex
headsexTuned

uhh ...

http://www.beyond.com.au/television/...echnology.html

both shows made by same company ..

SBS purchased myth busters

Chan 7 purchased beyond 2000
Headsex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2005, 10:10 PM   #6
Headsex
headsexTuned

"Since the business commenced activities in 1985, Beyond International (Beyond) has become a major entertainment company, involved in the creation and international exploitation of television, feature films and ancillary products. Beyond was established as CIC Productions to produce the television series Beyond 2000 for the Seven Network in Australia. This created a strong base for the company to develop an extensive international distribution network and to branch into drama program production and the international sale/distribution of feature films. "

So ... Based on that, if it wasnt for channel 7, and beyond 2000. there possibly wouldn't be a myth busters show
Old 01-06-2005, 10:16 PM   #7
8pAc
RDP #181

Thats all good and i commend the original beyind 2000 for there hard work as there would not be the interest in science in television today if it were not for them. what upsets me is that they decided to splice 40 seconds of there own footage into 5-10 mins of "not there footage" and act like they are the original project undertakers. This alone was the only thing that ****ed me off about this otherwise very good show.

I ony hope that Beyond Tomorrow is a success enough that they feel like they can remove this content from the show.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:29 PM   #8
Headsex
headsexTuned

Beyond Tomorrow and Myth Busters are produced by the same company "Beyond International"

Its one way of making people aware of another show produced by the same company.. Who cares if its shown on a different channel, has nothing to do with channel 7 or SBS.. its "Beyond International" who 'Spliced' mythbusters into beyond Tomorrow
Old 01-06-2005, 10:32 PM   #9
LTDHO
The one and only

Maybe Beyond tomorrow will help the myth busters show?
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2005, 10:35 PM   #10
Headsex
headsexTuned

Exactly. I only found out about the myth busters show on Monday ... I know i'm definately gonna start watching it too.
Old 02-06-2005, 09:56 AM   #11
Phil
......Ford........

I thought Myth Busters was made by Discovery Channel ?
I watch it on discovery in Indo, havent seen it on the telly in oz yet
Seen the one where they stink out a Corvette yet ? The way a Vette should be treated !!!
FG 315 Pursuit ute....#20
"Green is Nice"
Phil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2005, 10:37 AM   #12
Ol Barry

Dull, boring, insipid television. Two strikes against 7 this week - that god-awful "live comedy" farce and now this.

Padding the show out with a Mythbusters' segment was just insulting.

How dare 7 serve this up as entertainment. Honestly, only channel 9 has less respect for their audience.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2005, 10:53 AM   #13
EA2BA
PM me if you want

I missed it, but doesnt sound like I missed much, I was really hoping it would be a Beyond 2000 style show and was looking forward to watching, will try catch it next wednesday to draw my own conclusion.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2005, 11:01 AM   #14
!Gn|T|0n
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had high expectations of the show based on my experience with the original Beyond 2000 program. The show last night didn't really blow my skirt up. I already knew most of that "news room" type info on the A380... and yeah, I was not keen on inserting one show into another.

If anything, myth busters doesn't really have much to do with "technologies of the future". It struck me that in their first show, they were running short on material!

Still saluting the Ford flag.
!Gn|T|0n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2005, 11:15 AM   #15
EA2BA
PM me if you want

I am hoping to see gadgets and stuff of dreams, things that may make production one day, sounds like the inventors show on ABC may be more interesting.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2005, 12:27 PM   #16
ferris01
I am a Princess!!!

I found the show fantastic...My three kids have never been so quiet they were glued to the TV...They cannot wait for next week...
ferris01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post