Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria > FPV & XR Club of Victoria Events

FPV & XR Club of Victoria Events FPV & XR Club of Victoria Events

Old 19-10-2009, 12:09 PM   #1
Go baby Go
Like no other..........

Default Haunted Hills wrap up, 18th Oct

G'Day Everyone,

Not a drop of rain hit us at our Haunted Hills event yesterday. Sure was windy (it's never not windy up there).
For nearly everyone it was their first time there. Plenty of familiarisation before we hit the times sessions, some passenger sessions at lunch then back to more timed sessions.
5 of my datto guys came - a1600, 3 Zed32's and a dunnydore. Mike in his 1600 lost his bonnet, so he did the rest of the day without one, Keith did a tensioner bolt, and Pete.... pete,pete, pete. His awesome little eski was there and he was in the top3 ALL day. i dunno what ladder he walked under or what cat he kicked, but he lost his rear left wheel at the 3rd last turn. Yep, the same car lost a rear right at DECA last year................... he snapped it clean off- wheels nuts still on it......
Pics will be up on website soon.

Supercharged super snake

speaking of supercharged............

A recent study found the average Australian walks about 900 miles a year.
Another study found Australians drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year.
That means, on average, Australians get about 41 miles to the gallon.

Kind of makes you proud to be an aussie.
Go baby Go is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2009, 10:57 PM   #2
WYKKED
Starter Motor

What a top day......what a long day.....what a long weekend!!!!! After spending all day Saturday working on Russ's Zeds we had a an early start (up at 5.00 and on the road at 6.00) to get down to Haunted Hills for a bit of motorsport fun. With only 27 entrants we all go a heap of laps. In fact I got so many laps I was running out of fuel causing the car to starve through the last couple of corners. My times were getting faster each time and I really wonder how much faster I could have been, the 60 second mark still beckons.

It was good to see Mikey's car still running in perfect condition after a hard day on the track and Pete Black was still there showing that NAs have a rightful place on the track. I'm sure once he thows some good rubber on that thing his times will start to come down.

I haven't edited the photos yet and might not get the chance until after getting back from the Riverland show in Berri this weekend, but I did upload a few videos.

Incredibly quick Mustang Cobra "Super Snake" Listen to that super charger scream.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ8ToyeXwh4

Pete Black....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka6wXxQf0a0

Mikey.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hcFUJnV-5g

Me......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_gNDk6ExOU

Many thanks to Karyn and Sean for organising the day and inviting us, and to Russ who spent the whole day standing on flag points except for when he was jumping in and out of cars during the passanger session.

Can't remember all the times, I'm sure someone will post them at some stage.
WYKKED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post