Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-03-2019, 11:03 AM   #1
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Another YouTube Repairer

Bit different to the usual "quick flicks", promos and "hacks". No tatts, no clowning around, no facile staged chit-chat with mates.

Fellow has serialised buying a written off crew cab Chevy, that turned out to be shonked almost beyond belief before it went to the write-off auctions. Got it done in the end, took two whole trucks and a donor cab to make one finished item.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMg...able_polymer=1
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 22-03-2019, 04:37 AM   #2
happy1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Another YouTube Repairer

Hi,
It would not be according to the rules and regulations in Australia to replace that much of a vehicle. If you have to replace both the frame and the cab, then there isn't enough left of the original identity, and it would be a different vehicle that is presented for re-licensing.
For example in WA you can still change out the damaged cab of a vehicle with separate frame, but there are specific ways to proceed, for example according to the latest guidelines both entire vehicles for the swap has to be presented side by side prior to repair, for inspection by the vehicle safety inspectors. The donor cab cannot be from a flood damaged vehicle. The 'new' vehicle will get a substitute VIN engraved, and the original compliance plate will be confiscated, so it will be very obvious that the vehicle is repaired / rebuilt. Hence its market value will not be the same as a non-repaired vehicle.
Cheers,
happy1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2019, 09:31 PM   #3
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ah, Vehcor, i've been watching his channel for some time.
Old 23-03-2019, 10:57 PM   #4
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I find it quite calming.

When I feel like watching "people clowning around with heavily smashed cars" there's a Ukrainian channel called "Garage Kakhovka" which is more aligned.
Old 23-08-2019, 10:13 PM   #5
happy1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

One of my favorites is Arthur Tussik.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...714E51D7317678

B&&FORM=VDRVRVhttps://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=youtube+body+repair+arthur+tussik&&view=d etail&mid=17D8F768FE02798A1DAC17D8F768FE02798A1DAC &&FORM=VDRVRV

Generally his work is maybe not fully to 'Australian standard' (He sometimes heat up rails etc, which in many cases could be high-strength steel. Supposed to replace the entire part rather than repair). But it is still impressive how he makes the cars back on the road with his Russian low-cost panel beating skills.

Cheers,
happy1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 24-08-2019, 09:12 AM   #6
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Been enjoying the "bus grease monkey'. No B.S. Travels all over the states fixing clients dead Detroit diesel bus conversions in his own 50's converted bus.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 24-08-2019, 07:23 PM   #7
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

It’s heartening to see people find a balance of work and lifestyle like that.
This user likes this post:
Old 25-08-2019, 07:43 AM   #8
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Yep, and he gets around. learnt more about Driptroits from this guy than anywhere else.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2019, 12:16 PM   #9
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Tovarishch Tussik has uploaded a video of minor repairs to the NSF of a Tesla S.

A couple of details struck me. First, there appears to be a supplementary “ordinary” battery under the bonnet, secondly most of the space forward of the strut towers is redundant; you could butcher one to shorten it.

Suspension and brakes look very standard. I was expecting to see much more exotic stuff in there!