Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > ORSM Ford Cruise Car Club

ORSM Ford Cruise Car Club The one and only place for the ORSM Ford Cruise Car Club members Forums

Old 27-12-2005, 02:11 PM   #31
theboss290
FPV GT

Welcome abord mat I heir you’re a wiz at this sort of thing!

2. Show N Shine Coordinator ( svr73) :hihi: :sm_headba

We will have to catch up; you said the 7th is no good how about the weekend after?

give me a pm( what weekends you have free) so i can work some thing out for all of us.( minicruise+bbq+meet&greet)
theboss290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2005, 02:30 PM   #32
theboss290
FPV GT

Just an update on the list.
Welcome Mat (svr73)

Executive Committee
(a) President ( Daniel )
(b) Vice-President ( Vacant )
(c) Treasurer ( Vacant )
(d) Secretary ( Vacant )

Committee
1. Events Coordinator ( Vacant ) + Sub Committee ( Vacant )
2. Show N Shine Coordinator ( svr73) + Sub Committee ( Vacant )
3. Track N Drag Coordinator ( Vacant ) + Sub Committee ( Vacant )
4. IT / Communications Coordinator ( Vacant ) + Sub Committee ( Vacant )
5. Sponsorship / Marketing Coordinator ( Vacant ) + Sub Committee ( Vacant )

Club Member
DANIEL
DOC
EB 5SPEED
MACK 6
SVR73

Affiliate Member
Old 27-12-2005, 02:59 PM   #33
theboss290
FPV GT

Just an update on the list.
Welcome Mat (svr73)
Sorry to awsome4.0 your on the list.

Executive Committee
(a) President ( Daniel )
(c) Treasurer ( Vacant )
(d) Secretary ( Vacant )

Committee
1. Events Coordinator ( Vacant ) + Sub Committee ( Vacant )
2. Show N Shine Coordinator ( SVR73) + Sub Committee ( Vacant )

Club Member
DANIEL
DOC
EB 5SPEED
MACK 6
SVR73
AWSOME4.0

Affiliate Member
Old 27-12-2005, 04:28 PM   #34
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

OK, so im a touch wrong, affiliate members in this case can vote, in other clubs I have been in affiliate members do not have voting rights. But they cannot be members of the comittee?

You may not tolerate anyone being a second class citizen, but your own rules dictate that they are. A person who has spent 40 thousand on their X series car, does not have the same rights as a person who bought a 600 dollar rusted EA.

Now, I asked a simple question, I asked why, and so far, I havent heard a reply except being accused of being negative. And being told if I dont like it, dont join.

I tried to be constructive and i made mention that if you wanted to get the club off the ground faster, its better to be inclusive rather then exclusive. You cant demand money for membership, just to tell applicants that their money is fine, but they arent eligible to run for comittee because of the age or model of the vehicle they drive, and expect people to stampede for membership.

TheBoss290
Dismissing the eseries club as just a www.com club is just insulting and unwarranted to a group of people who have contributed alot to the members of this site, much more, then yourself in your short 2 months here.

As to SA having too many clubs, I cant attest to that, I do know that an XR or an FPV club is obviously going to limit membership to owners of those vehicles. However a "cruise" club, really has no reason to enforce the same sorts or limitations. It serves no purpose.

You guys have made it clear, if I dont like it, dont join, well I was borderline before, but now my mind is rather made up. I wont be bothered joining with my XP.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2005, 04:34 PM   #35
theboss290
FPV GT

What can I say to that? Well there your thoughts and I can respect that so good luck.

Cheers
Daniel
Old 27-12-2005, 04:48 PM   #36
theboss290
FPV GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
TheBoss290
Dismissing the eseries club as just a www.com club is just insulting and unwarranted to a group of people who have contributed alot to the members of this site, much more, then yourself in your short 2 months here.
Well sourbastard i made no reference to the eseries club infact i am a member and i hold the club in the highest regards and if ORSM-SA becomes half as good as you guys i would be very proud.

regards

Daniel
Old 27-12-2005, 06:40 PM   #37
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi all,
It has been interesting reading all responses to this thread and it is appreciated to have input from all angles.

For some time i have been working with Chris re the direction of the SA based Orsm ford Cruisers Club ( Long before this thresd even appeared )

From today ORSM FORD CRUISERS CLUB SA , has changed it's club constitution in regards the membership requirements. The requirements for entry in the OFCC-SA are now as follows,

Any modified ford, regarless of make, model or year, the club president / vice president will have the final say in regards if a car is accepted or not.

These changes have been made to suit the needs / population of SA and i would like to thank Chris for working with us and allowing us to further grow the Orsm club here.

I also ask all that have posted / considered posting to re look at what we are doing and become involved and to help make this the Orsm club for all people.

Regards
Pete
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2005, 01:39 AM   #38
theboss290
FPV GT

I know this is a step in the right direction and a way to create a better club for the future. I would like to thank Chris for allowing the changes of the rules to allow this to happen. This allows all make of fords to join the club with no affiliates and allows any member to be on the committee.

So with much heated debate about this issue I hope this will help, it is obvious that people are looking for a club to cater for the larger population and now I hope this change will create the club that we are all searching for.

To finish this off I would like to thank the people for their passion and desire for a club that’s about the people and there love for their FORD’S

I would also like to say a big thank you to DOC for all his hard work and passion in getting this club of the ground he is a top bloke! / Cheers mate! _2:

Regards

Daniel (theboss290) :Up_to_som
Old 28-12-2005, 08:39 PM   #39
SVR73
Mr Polish

I second that daniel, doc's damn good at so many things
I respect him mostly for his attitude
Doesn't matter if it's E series, AFF or a Ford mods event, I enjoy every one of them
Old 28-12-2005, 09:10 PM   #40
DDXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss290
1. Events Coordinator ( Vacant )
More than happy to put my hand up for that one!

Was Event manager for a previous club i was a member of. Everything from organising a simple sunday drive to organising a few trips to melbourne. Pub nights, Go-kart nights and paintball days etc etc.
DDXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2005, 10:37 PM   #41
theboss290
FPV GT

: update on the list. :

Welcome DAN635

Thank you for putting your hand up for Events Coordinator well done!

Executive Committee
(a) President ( Daniel )
(c) Treasurer ( Vacant )
(d) Secretary ( Vacant )

Committee
1. Events Coordinator ( DAN635 ) + Sub Committee ( Vacant )
2. Show N Shine Coordinator ( SVR73) + Sub Committee ( Vacant )

Club Member
DANIEL
DOC
EB 5SPEED
MACK 6
SVR73
AWSOME4.0
DAN635
Old 29-12-2005, 01:16 PM   #42
rdomain
Sonic DV8

Cool

Good to see the club is starting to take some form. I'd just like to say though (reading through this post) that I didn't find the comments from Jac or SB to be negative at all. Purely constructive critism. From your replies, it seemed to make 'the club' less accepting and friendly and if you're trying to get people to join, this is exactly the image you *don't* want to portray. Because of this, I am hesitant.

Velocity BA XR6 MkII Turbo Ute
White EB XR6 S MkII Sedan
rdomain is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2005, 02:17 PM   #43
theboss290
FPV GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdomain
Good to see the club is starting to take some form. I'd just like to say though (reading through this post) that I didn't find the comments from Jac or SB to be negative at all. Purely constructive critism. From your replies, it seemed to make 'the club' less accepting and friendly and if you're trying to get people to join, this is exactly the image you *don't* want to portray. Because of this, I am hesitant.

Well don’t be hesitant! "Join" The constructive critism was at the time where we had our hands tide, We had to follow rules of our parent club it Victoria and with much hard work and negotiation thanks to DOC we have changed the entry requirements to all ford models as long as there modified. We have done this to cater for the larger population and for the future of the club, Also your write we don’t want to portray any bad images and as a club we will be going all out to prevent this from happening. The best way for the club to grow into something we can all enjoy is to get involved, join the club, get on the committee and help make the changes for a club we can all be proud of.

I invite you rdomain come along to one of our cruises and see for your self.

Cheers

Daniel

Last edited by theboss290; 29-12-2005 at 02:25 PM.