Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-01-2005, 06:16 PM   #31
240 T

I didn't think Holden would make a VZII either but that is what this car was, Unles it was a Mule?

i will try and find out more tommorow :
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2005, 06:25 PM   #32
XplosiveR6
Viper FG XR6 Turbo

well i heard from a mate uncles best frieds wifes sisters, husbands, son who knows a guy that who is a security guard at ford who says there will be a GTHO with 500kw. lol

seriously though, america have discontinued the LS1 and holden are using stock at the moment so sooner or later they will have to use the LS2, its inevitable
XplosiveR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2005, 08:56 PM   #33
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF_Dave
well i heard from a mate uncles best frieds wifes sisters, husbands, son who knows a guy that who is a security guard at ford who says there will be a GTHO with 500kw. lol
Hey I know that guy, he also said it would be a V10 :
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2005, 01:21 PM   #34
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
If the VE gains 200kg over VZ and gets a 275kW GenIV LS2 V8, the 260kW XR8 suddenly becomes a whole lot more competitive. I assume that Ford would have the testicular fortitude to at least make a 270kW XR8 by that time, so SS and XR8 would be quite even.

The real problems would start if VE didn't gain any weight....
thats one of the most insightful things I think ive heard from you steffo...

sounds liek this car is just a proto with VZ shell and VE powertrain. Holden would be will into there development stage for the ls2 in non HSV product.

Whats the big deal? Everyone knows its happening. What we shoudl be concerned about is how holden deal with strengthing and suspension IMO.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2005, 01:50 PM   #35
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Lets look at the facts. The VE is due next year, supposedly around March which means there is 15 months till its due. Why would Holden need to release a VZ 2 when its close to the end of its run. Holden executives have stated that the VZ is the final update of the current platform, and that the LS2 will be a HSV exclusive, meaning no other Holden will use this motor until the VE is launched. It won't happen for VZ and it doesn't need to.
I'd imagine the VE SS will have a 275kw LS2.
That is a good point, but if they do bring out the LS2 in a VZ2 model, they would have a heap of current LS1 owners running out to buy it, particularly if the VE is going to be heavier. Then when the VE comes out, a lot of people will buy that because it is promised to be so much better.

At the end of the day Holden want to sell more cars. A good way of doing that is to speed up the rate at which people change over cars, which some must be doing with the constant updates.
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2005, 03:05 PM   #36
loxxr6
XB in parts...

The real problems would start if VE didn't gain any weight....

I've also heard the VE is going to pack on a few kilo's too. Now if I can find out where I heard that.....

Has Fez and XB.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2005, 03:15 PM   #37
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There is some credibility in Holden introducing the LS2 to the commodore range with a suprise update, there are significant benefits in intorducing a new engine, that may have teething problems, to an already tried and tested car model - perhaps this is the current role of HSV at the moment. Otherwise, a whole new car with a new engine is just as likely to have twice as many teething problems - look at the introduction of the gen3 with the series 2 VT for example.
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2005, 08:35 PM   #38
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

Hopefully Ford will actually increase the power, or atleast do something to enhance performance, but going by recent prevouis interviews and what not, it doesnt seem like they will in the near future at all or not much. But I'm still hopeful
M14A-Mclaren is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2005, 10:15 PM   #39
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrose_1
Hopefully Ford will actually increase the power
Ford have a tendancy to NOT increase power for a good while... look at the XR6... was 164kW from 1994 to 2002 (EF to AUIII).
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2005, 05:54 PM   #40
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
Ford have a tendancy to NOT increase power for a good while... look at the XR6... was 164kW from 1994 to 2002 (EF to AUIII).
You're forgetting the VCT versions that went to 172kw.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post