Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-12-2016, 09:21 PM   #61
knight rider
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Default Re: Qld flash for cash cameras

Well I must admit I speed a lot, well I don't call it speeding more like driving frisky more so on the h'way, do speed cameras slow me down sure in spots. I drive to what feels right makes me more aware, i'm constantly scanning road, I think it makes concentrate better. Driving a late model car sitting on 100-110km makes me sleepy and so inattentive accidents will happen. Should there be speed cameras yep- but I say catch me if you can.
knight rider is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 28-12-2016, 12:55 AM   #62
superfly
Go the Hogster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight rider View Post
Well I must admit I speed a lot, well I don't call it speeding more like driving frisky more so on the h'way, do speed cameras slow me down sure in spots. I drive to what feels right makes me more aware, i'm constantly scanning road, I think it makes concentrate better. Driving a late model car sitting on 100-110km makes me sleepy and so inattentive accidents will happen. Should there be speed cameras yep- but I say catch me if you can.
I love knightrider! Top show.

I must agree I also speed all the time. Every now and then I get an out of focus shot of my car in the mail that I have to pay a couple of hundred for. Whilst I'm annoyed, I don't go online to whinge about it. Do the crime, do the time I say.
Old 28-12-2016, 06:32 AM   #63
FGX-351
Supercharged Mang-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo6 View Post
Probably got cameras watching the cameras lol
There's a post attached with multiple cameras at the top looking down at every angle.
09/00 VX HSV XU6 Build #0001 of 0171
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....09#post5571209
-- Best E/T: |14.982 @92.12mph | R/T:0.013 | 60' 2.213| 330: 6.283 | 1/8: 9.624 @ 73.17mph | 1000: 12.529 | 25Deg, N/A Hum, 1010mb | Willowbank Raceway 7/12/16

Tickford EL Falcon XR6 RIP
-- Factory Manual
-- Best E/T: |14.991 @ 92.71mph | R/T: 0.607 | 60': 2.215 | 660': 9.665 |13Deg, 86%H, 1024mb, 184RA @ Willowbank Raceway
FGX-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2016, 03:43 AM   #64
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I doubt it would be too hard to back up to one and knock it a little so it takes pics of the sky or footpath. I saw one last night on the M1 around Springwood or Logan I think. Certainly a dangerous section of straight road that. NOT. I set my cruise at 6kph over in 100 and 110 zones never been flashed here in QLD for that. GPS says speedo is within 1kph. It was too dark to see but I think they would have clamps on the wheels so u couldn't just back up and steal it.
Old 29-12-2016, 05:21 AM   #65
Ansimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesun View Post
I doubt it would be too hard to back up to one and knock it a little so it takes pics of the sky or footpath. I saw one last night on the M1 around Springwood or Logan I think. Certainly a dangerous section of straight road that. NOT. I set my cruise at 6kph over in 100 and 110 zones never been flashed here in QLD for that. GPS says speedo is within 1kph. It was too dark to see but I think they would have clamps on the wheels so u couldn't just back up and steal it.
And GPS tracking.....
Ansimp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 30-12-2016, 11:50 AM   #66
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansimp View Post
And GPS tracking.....
cover your plates, grab a balaclava, and tow it to the nearest boat ramp after dark.....
Old 30-12-2016, 04:11 PM   #67
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor View Post
cover your plates, grab a balaclava, and tow it to the nearest boat ramp after dark.....
Hey!

I was going to say exactly that but I didn't want to advertise the fact I was on it...

ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2016, 07:29 PM   #68
FPV+fteT3
Performance Inc.

Kill it with fire….. takes seconds

FPV Super Pursuit Build no 0080/91
Lotus Exige S/C S240

Kart Hasse Chassis 100J Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Rental cars, the equipment of choice to get to destinations where 4WDs fear to drive......
FPV+fteT3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2016, 07:34 PM   #69
getabout

While I hate the way we are being increasingly put under surveillance I would love to have private cars randomly fitted with speed cameras, with the owner's permission of course. Just imagine if idiot speeders are fearful that the "old bomb" they see coming towards them is effectively a 'cop' car !! The cameras could be swapped on a regular basis and maybe a small reward for the carrier of it. The limits may seem a bit restrictive but have been worked out very carefully. The risk of crash or severe injury increases quite dramatically after 100kmh for example. The limits are not just there to stop crashes but to limit the following damage. If people want to be children ("aww look at me going so fast and getting sideways") they shouldn't be on the road. Let them go to a private racetrack to fulfill their boy-racer fantasies because innocent people being killed or mangled is no joke!
getabout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2016, 08:52 PM   #70
Optional

Quote:
Originally Posted by getabout View Post
While I hate the way we are being increasingly put under surveillance I would love to have private cars randomly fitted with speed cameras, with the owner's permission of course. Just imagine if idiot speeders are fearful that the "old bomb" they see coming towards them is effectively a 'cop' car !! The cameras could be swapped on a regular basis and maybe a small reward for the carrier of it. The limits may seem a bit restrictive but have been worked out very carefully. The risk of crash or severe injury increases quite dramatically after 100kmh for example. The limits are not just there to stop crashes but to limit the following damage. If people want to be children ("aww look at me going so fast and getting sideways") they shouldn't be on the road. Let them go to a private racetrack to fulfill their boy-racer fantasies because innocent people being killed or mangled is no joke!
Marked and unmarked police patrol cars, mobile and on the side of the road, were the best deterrent against me speeding there has ever been.
Optional is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 30-12-2016, 08:55 PM   #71
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
This carefully:

Scaled Business Solutions
For Your Small Business IT Needs
Trump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2016, 09:43 PM   #72
Blue Roo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Stop! Will somebody please think of the children.
Blue Roo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 31-12-2016, 12:20 AM   #73
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

Quote:
1: drugs are bad, mmmmkay?
2: please, PLEASE do NOT reproduce
Edit 1:
actually, just to go biblical on you, LET HE WHO HAS NOT SINNED CAST THE FIRST STONE

can you honestly say you have NEVER broken ANY law?
Edit 2:
Your name isnt Harold Scruby, is it?
Old 31-12-2016, 02:48 AM   #74
Xauterus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's a voluntary tax donation.
Xauterus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2016, 10:55 AM   #75
getabout

A couple off odd replies to my post, from very odd people. If ********* think it's great to put innocent road users at risk then they need to grow up a bit.

I have broken my share of laws but the difference between me and some others is that I grew up and learnt, whereas the thick-in-the-head just keep acting like they're the only ones that matter. "Derr stuff others, I'm having some fun with my piece of metal and plastic that goes fast and makes nice sounds".
Old 01-01-2017, 01:19 AM   #76
superfly
Go the Hogster!

I saw one of these cameras yesterday on the M1 to the coast. I also saw an unmarked cop car. He was up ahead of us and I only noticed them because they put on their lights. A car pulled off towards the side of the road thinking they were getting pulled over but the cop car kept going only to turn their lights off. Next minute a P plater came flying past us only to catch up with the cop car ahead which was still going the same speed. I thought surely they would pull the P plater over. On go the lights, P plater slows right down (over 15kph slower than speed limit) but again cop car kept going and turned their lights off again.

Are they just warning people as they were in a good mood so they gave out no tickets? I've been let off a few times before in the past but have never seen a cop car behave in this fashion.
Old 01-01-2017, 01:25 AM   #77
superfly
Go the Hogster!

Quote:
A couple off odd replies to my post, from very odd people. If ********* think it's great to put innocent road users at risk then they need to grow up a bit.

I have broken my share of laws but the difference between me and some others is that I grew up and learnt, whereas the thick-in-the-head just keep acting like they're the only ones that matter. "Derr stuff others, I'm having some fun with my piece of metal and plastic that goes fast and makes nice sounds".
Kudos to you if you never ever go even 1k over the limit! Well done. My last 2 tickets were for 7 and 9k over, not something I call excessive speeding but it's speeding none the less. My very first speeding ticket in 1988 was for 28k over the limit. So I guess I've learnt something as well.

Guess those that haven't learnt as yet are probably still young and acting the same way you did when you were their age and breaking your share of laws.
Old 01-01-2017, 01:28 AM   #78
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
If ********* think it's great to put innocent road users at risk then they need to grow up a bit.
At risk of what? Crash risk isn't determined by the number on a sign, it's determined by the conditions and the drivers on the road around them.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 01-01-2017, 09:54 AM   #79
getabout

Speeders are just showing contempt for the lives of all road users.
Old 01-01-2017, 10:28 AM   #80
FPV+fteT3
Performance Inc.

Not so much worried about cameras or arbitrary limits but more the fact some people should stick to public transport for their own safety and that of other road users.

FPV Super Pursuit Build no 0080/91
Lotus Exige S/C S240

Kart Hasse Chassis 100J Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Rental cars, the equipment of choice to get to destinations where 4WDs fear to drive......
FPV+fteT3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2017, 12:12 PM   #81
Blue Shadow
R.I.P. Maggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV+fteT3 View Post
Not so much worried about cameras or arbitrary limits but more the fact some people should stick to public transport for their own safety and that of other road users.

Yep, the only problem with that is the public transport system in QLD
Blue Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 01-01-2017, 02:04 PM   #82
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
So you think that people that exceed an arbitrarily set speed limit by a few kilometres are contemptuous of other road users???

Scaled Business Solutions
For Your Small Business IT Needs
Trump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2017, 03:03 PM   #83
mitelsx2000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trump View Post
So you think that people that exceed an arbitrarily set speed limit by a few kilometres are contemptuous of other road users???
???????

Previous rides: 2011 FPV GTE colour Edge 6-speed Auto, Build #019
BMC Twin air filter, street fighter oil breathers, Window tints & paint protection. CTB Tuned 364 rwKW
XR8 Black Lux pack 2004
Fiesta trend 2017
mitelsx2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2017, 04:14 PM   #84
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Question Re: Qld flash for cash cameras

my current issue with cameras is when the over the limit kicks in.
Now I drive a Series III AU XR8 which means I have to look down at my speedo to check my speed. My speedo is also an analogue so when I look and see 60 on the dial it could easily be 58,59,60,61. Now Im not going to start looking at my speedo for too long because I would have to stop looking at the thing I'm on, the road.
This bugged me so much I now have a HUD so I can enjoy driving without crashing my car because I am looking at my speedo instead of the road.

UK
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2017, 04:51 PM   #85
mcsweenyfives

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesun View Post
Now correct me if I'm wrong but I am sure there was a fatality just near there early December 2016 involving a b double

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
mcsweenyfives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2017, 04:52 PM   #86
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Troll posts show contempt for fellow forum users...
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 01-01-2017, 06:41 PM   #87
noflac52
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Overly simplistic viewpoint!

There are hundreds of other things drivers do everyday that according to you are showing contempt for the lives of all road users and you aren't concerned enough to post opinions about them.

This simplistic viewpoint isn't worth the time it took you to type it!
noflac52 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2017, 06:57 PM   #88
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Road deaths in Queensland 2016 , 1/3rd are related to speeding, The other 2/3rds to other causes. But QPol put more emphasis on speed control than all the other causes of road deaths. That's what annoys me. Because speed is easiest to police and revenue raise...If QPol put as much effort into the other causes of road deaths, as they do with speeding, road toll would come down...Safe travels in 2017.
Old 01-01-2017, 07:07 PM   #89
noflac52
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
Road deaths in Queensland 2016 , 1/3rd are related to speeding, The other 2/3rds to other causes. But QPol put more emphasis on speed control than all the other causes of road deaths. That's what annoys me. Because speed is easiest to police and revenue raise...If QPol put as much effort into the other causes of road deaths, as they do with speeding, road toll would come down...Safe travels in 2017.
A number of the speed related deaths would also be vehicles travelling under the posted speed limit further lowering that particular statistic.

The thing that's scaring me about this type of law enforcement is that so many people are being brainwashed into thinking that it is the be all and end all of road safety as is evidenced by some of the posts on these forums that crop up with predictable regularity.
noflac52 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2017, 07:28 PM   #90
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsweenyfives View Post
Now correct me if I'm wrong but I am sure there was a fatality just near there early December 2016 involving a b double

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
Wasnt that the one where the driver had a heart attack?