Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 08-07-2019, 10:49 AM   #151
GasoLane
Donating Member2

Default Re: NBN so far, whats your experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
I know your pain aussieblue, wait till they tell you to make a record/order of when your modem drops out for a day or a week...
That shouldn't be necessary, my ISP can tell when, for how long and how many times my connection is a normal 'off', or a drop out due to a line problem.
Old 09-07-2019, 07:41 PM   #152
stefcio007

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
I had the NBN connected today on FTTN and am very happy that it far exceeded expectations despite all the horror stories.

Bonus is with the new router, the Wifi doesn't cutout when the microwave is on so can continue watching Foxtel when cooking

I picked the TPG 50 plan and have got it up over 47 down and about 20 up.
Same here, plan and everything except I'm using an old 5th gen Apple Airport Extreme (2011) which still works beautifully. I planned to use in the meantime while the TPG one came but surprised that it's still up to the task.
I get about 48/19 on the 50/20 plan FTTP.

Now what to do with the TPG one?
This user likes this post:
Old 26-07-2019, 10:06 PM   #153
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well almost a month on NBN and so far no complaints. Actually asked a bloke at work who has FTTP and he said he was getting between 40-45mbps~ and at first it confused me but then I remembered my area is only recently NBN ready so will see how it goes when more connect to it.

I just did another speed test and it was 11 ping, 48.2 down / 18.9 up. Then I did a test on my Telstra 4G phone and it was 29 ping, 168.9 down / 37.8 up...Yep we stuffed this up!

No wonder why NBN co are worried about 5G when 4G is getting that
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 27-07-2019, 02:48 AM   #154
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And off peak just hit 193.1 down / 41.3 up. I remember with my HTC phone it was less than 100 but at the time it was super fast for a new 4G phone.

I should clarify that Telstra is 4GX and they bought up heaps of the spectrum after analog TV was switched off.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2019, 05:40 PM   #155
stefcio007

4G is not an option in the house I am in.
There is barely any reception because of the way buildings are positioned blocking towers and I have to use Optus WiFi Call.
NBN actually works compared to 4G (3G is unusable).