Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-09-2011, 01:32 PM   #61
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander
 
geckoGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Loving the Endorphine Machine
Posts: 7,458
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 
Default Re: New to cycling

Yes your sizing on a road bike is likely to vary, how tall are you?

Seat tube length seems to be less important with the popularity of compact geometry frames, it is the top tube that is more important now. You will see terms such as centre to centre, centre to top and relative seat tube used in bike sizing now which can make it confusing for the novice.

The best way to really know what you need is to get sized up by someone that knows what they are doing.
__________________
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional!
geckoGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2011, 01:49 PM   #62
TZENU
XY Driv3r
 
TZENU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 3,022
Default Re: New to cycling

Yep best way to do it is pop by your LBS who do bike fits and ask them...
__________________
Genuine Faker NOW BROKEN
Imagniation is a human element creativity is the result
TZENU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2011, 01:59 PM   #63
blueoval
cynical bastard
 
blueoval's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 19,065
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 
Default Re: New to cycling

My lbs fitted me up with my kona however i suspect i would need to be resized for a road bike to be safe. im about 170cm. so pretty short. lol My weight is about 80kg. I have shortish legs.
__________________
Cheers
Shav

CURRENT RIDES: MY07 SUBARU LIBERTY GT PREMIUM

MY12 SUBARU FORESTER X


MY18 SUBARU XV 2.0i-S

CLICK FOR DETAILS HERE

my other toys: 2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 Ultegra/FSA road bike

2015 Cervelo S5 VWD with DuraAce groupset


My Photography thread- HERE
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2011, 02:05 PM   #64
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander
 
geckoGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Loving the Endorphine Machine
Posts: 7,458
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 
Default Re: New to cycling

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval
My lbs fitted me up with my kona however i suspect i would need to be resized for a road bike to be safe. im about 170cm. so pretty short. lol My weight is about 80kg. I have shortish legs.

170 cm and you are on a 59 cm frame, you must have no seat post sticking out of that. I am 181 cm and I am on a 57 cm.

Frames that are too large leave you with a very long top tube and therefore you end up too stretched out.
__________________
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional!
geckoGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2011, 02:12 PM   #65
XYGTHO
FORD FREAK
 
XYGTHO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Rockhampton
Posts: 1,750
Default Re: New to cycling

Yep get a good bike mate makes the world of difference, and you don't need to spend to much. I spent $500 but have saved that several times as I ride it to work. I just got a flat bar road bike (race is over the top). It is comfortable, quick, light and smooth. And yes just tryes make the biggest difference in my opinion. Mine has tyres which are about 2/3" wide and basically slick with slight grooves. Even with these (I am know quite fit) it is tyring when the pressure is down in them to like 20-30psi. Pump them up close to the recommended pressure of about 70psi and wow so much easier.
I have the one of these but the 2008 model I think. http://www.malvernstar.com.au/range/bike-2677.aspx
__________________
JUST LOVE THAT V8 SOUND, RUMBLE, MUSIC!
XYGTHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2011, 02:13 PM   #66
blueoval
cynical bastard
 
blueoval's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 19,065
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 
Default Re: New to cycling

The measurement for 59cm I think is measured differently on the Kona if you compare the chart on this website.

http://www.konaworld.com/asphalt_com...ent=dew_plus#2
__________________
Cheers
Shav

CURRENT RIDES: MY07 SUBARU LIBERTY GT PREMIUM

MY12 SUBARU FORESTER X


MY18 SUBARU XV 2.0i-S

CLICK FOR DETAILS HERE

my other toys: 2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 Ultegra/FSA road bike

2015 Cervelo S5 VWD with DuraAce groupset


My Photography thread- HERE
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2011, 02:17 PM   #67
gtfpv
GT
 
gtfpv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: SYDNEY
Posts: 9,214
Default Re: New to cycling

i am 167 cm and on a 51cm frame . thats just right for me . at 170 cm there are 52 cm frames . 54cm would be pushing it . my range was 48cm to 54cm .
i love the AZZURA posted here . nice bike .
i agree with most posts here , as a beginner , most has been said already . but starting at $800 is fine . but you will trade up and end up spending $1300- $3000 within 12months to two years anyway , you may give upo the game though , thats where the $800 bike comes in handy . the loss is not great .
BIKE SHOPS . There are bike shops and then there are bike shops . dont judge the bike shop on size or looks , bike shops trying to sell you a bike from a catalogue with nothing in stock . stay away from , bike shops who steer you to a different brand because the one your looking at isn't your size , beware , they are just trying to flog off stock , a good bike shop will have atleast an example of the bike you want and let you spend the day there test riding any bike you desire, and not push anything on you . but make suggestions and let you decide . i test rode 5 bikes 2 times each aver 4 hous with no pressure at all then i made my decision after changing my mind several times .
ohhhhhhh , the week AFTER I BOUGHT MY BIKE . i went back to spend a few hundred on accessories , i then looked at the $1300 bike i was considering at the top end of my budget . the owner asked what am i doing , i said , just looking at what i missed . he laughed and said , if i bought that bike , i'd be here today looking at $1899 one next to it . he said even people who spend 5k come back and gawk at 8k bikes LOL . its all part of the fun

Last edited by gtfpv; 20-09-2011 at 02:23 PM.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2011, 02:23 PM   #68
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..
 
Sam_Boss260's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 4,035
Default Re: New to cycling

This is becoming a good thread.

Well, it looks like I might be looking into this bike - I think it's a 52 cm, so it should fit me ok. Waiting for the guy to bring it into work so that I can try it out. Brand new, never been ridden and full carbon fibre. Now whilst i think that this is over the top for what I need, the price is pretty good, almost too good to pass up - $1,500.





Does anybody know about this brand? Apparently it is worth over $4k brand new.
Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2011, 02:24 PM   #69
gtfpv
GT
 
gtfpv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: SYDNEY
Posts: 9,214
Default Re: New to cycling

Buy It !!!
BUT BE WARY . have a look at those tyres , that bike will not like rough roads , where is the flat bar road bikes like mine have 32mm tyres and are a little more forgiving , thats why they arent as fast .

Last edited by gtfpv; 20-09-2011 at 02:30 PM.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2011, 02:31 PM   #70
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..
 
Sam_Boss260's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 4,035
Default Re: New to cycling

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
Buy It !!!
lol... don't tell me that !! Even the missus is saying to buy it. But I'm thinking " geez $1,500 for a bike?" What am I nuts?
Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2011, 02:32 PM   #71
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..
 
Sam_Boss260's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 4,035
Default Re: New to cycling

It doesn't have any tyres on it, they are just the rims.

They will put some tyres on and bring it into work for me to try. And I don't have to pay until the end of the year too....
Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2011, 02:33 PM   #72
gtfpv
GT
 
gtfpv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: SYDNEY
Posts: 9,214
Default Re: New to cycling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Boss260
lol... don't tell me that !! Even the missus is saying to buy it. But I'm thinking " geez $1,500 for a bike?" What am I nuts?

i'm not experienced enough to give you advice on that bike , but it's a steel at less than 1/2 price . make sure the frame isn't micro cracked or something . you can crack these frames just by overtightening the seat stem when adjusting seat heights . everything needs to be tightened with a torque wrench . lots to know here before jumping in deep .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2011, 02:35 PM   #73
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
DBourne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: sydney.nsw.au
Posts: 6,147
Default Re: New to cycling

lol @ the "look at those tyres" comment haha

Yeah man that looks like a great bike, and for $1,500 even I'd buy it
__________________
flickr
DBourne is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2011, 02:40 PM   #74
blueoval
cynical bastard
 
blueoval's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 19,065
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 
Default Re: New to cycling

That looks like a sexy bike Sam. like everyone has been saying, be ware with second had gear. but that looks like a steal of a bike. never heard of the brand but doesn't mean its no good. not many people know of the kona brand and those that do associate it with mountain bikes only. if unsure just Google what ever you can online.
__________________
Cheers
Shav

CURRENT RIDES: MY07 SUBARU LIBERTY GT PREMIUM

MY12 SUBARU FORESTER X


MY18 SUBARU XV 2.0i-S

CLICK FOR DETAILS HERE

my other toys: 2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 Ultegra/FSA road bike

2015 Cervelo S5 VWD with DuraAce groupset


My Photography thread- HERE
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2011, 02:52 PM   #75
XYGTHO
FORD FREAK
 
XYGTHO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Rockhampton
Posts: 1,750
Default Re: New to cycling

Ha ha was thinking the same, where are the tyres. Dam nice bike for that money but as you say alot of money. I want to upgrade one day but only ride like 4kms at a time. My bike was $500 and is still going well years later so makes it hard to upgrade.
__________________
JUST LOVE THAT V8 SOUND, RUMBLE, MUSIC!
XYGTHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2011, 02:59 PM   #76
blueoval
cynical bastard
 
blueoval's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 19,065
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 
Default Re: New to cycling

Here is the Teschner website

http://www.teschnerbikes.com/why-teschner

Seems to be a an Australian manufacturer.
__________________
Cheers
Shav

CURRENT RIDES: MY07 SUBARU LIBERTY GT PREMIUM

MY12 SUBARU FORESTER X


MY18 SUBARU XV 2.0i-S

CLICK FOR DETAILS HERE

my other toys: 2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 Ultegra/FSA road bike

2015 Cervelo S5 VWD with DuraAce groupset


My Photography thread- HERE
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2011, 03:01 PM   #77
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..
 
Sam_Boss260's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 4,035
Default Re: New to cycling

Quote:
Originally Posted by XYGTHO
Ha ha was thinking the same, where are the tyres. Dam nice bike for that money but as you say alot of money. I want to upgrade one day but only ride like 4kms at a time. My bike was $500 and is still going well years later so makes it hard to upgrade.

That is exactly what I am thinking....
Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2011, 03:04 PM   #78
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
DBourne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: sydney.nsw.au
Posts: 6,147
Default Re: New to cycling

for 4kms at a time then no it's not worth it.

But if you are riding 20-30kms daily then it could be ..
__________________
flickr
DBourne is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2011, 03:07 PM   #79
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander
 
geckoGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Loving the Endorphine Machine
Posts: 7,458
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 
Default Re: New to cycling

Teschner is a very good brand and make bikes up to the $10,000 dollar bracket. They are very popular here in Bris with roadies and for a good reason, they are good frames and that bike is a very good buy, it is easily a $4000 bike. Ultegra components are competition level stuff and will last many years if you are doing regular fitness type rides.

If you don't buy it I will, it would be great for my daughter.
__________________
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional!
geckoGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2011, 03:18 PM   #80
blueoval
cynical bastard
 
blueoval's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 19,065
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 
Default Re: New to cycling

Hey Gecko, would you rate Ultegra components higher than 105's? i.e. reliability, strength, durability etc.
__________________
Cheers
Shav

CURRENT RIDES: MY07 SUBARU LIBERTY GT PREMIUM

MY12 SUBARU FORESTER X


MY18 SUBARU XV 2.0i-S

CLICK FOR DETAILS HERE

my other toys: 2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 Ultegra/FSA road bike

2015 Cervelo S5 VWD with DuraAce groupset


My Photography thread- HERE
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2011, 03:21 PM   #81
TZENU
XY Driv3r
 
TZENU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 3,022
Default Re: New to cycling

Nice bike for the price !!! Very good buy

The only thing I can think of with buying a second hand carbon fibre bike is to look carefully at the frame. CF may lose some of it's integrity if it's been dropped hard... But if it's never been ridden your laughing!!!


And yeh ultegra is a higher rank than 105s then dura ace
__________________
Genuine Faker NOW BROKEN
Imagniation is a human element creativity is the result
TZENU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2011, 03:22 PM   #82
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
GT0132's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Miranda, NSW
Posts: 6,694
Default Re: New to cycling

Sam

Just on the weight loss need, a lot of your progress is related to diet change.

I have been a regular gym goer, jogger, cycler etc for years..For about 20 years on and off I've done roughly 45 min a day a mix of cardio and weights..plus on weekends a 8k jog. I used to be able to eat and drink what I wanted within reason without worrying about adding weight. In the past 18 months though my weight has started to creep up to the point where I'm now 7kg overweight.

So about 6 months ago went to see a personal trainer 2 days a week for 13 weeks who started me on a program of circuit training involving weights. I did 45 min of cardio the other 3 days and 2 days rest. While I became much fitter and being able to benchpress twice what i could at the start I didn't lose one gram of weight. My problem?...I love my food too much, especially chocolate and deserts.

I don't use the trainer anymore but now but I made 2 night time meals a week out of 7 a vegetarian (ssteamed vegies with no sauces) , cut lunch down to one sandwich instead of two with tuna instead of meat and have fruit salad and muesli/yogurt for breakfast. I lost 5kg in a month. I could never give up beer and wine though. Any diet plan has to work around that little obstacle
__________________
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW


NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2011, 03:25 PM   #83
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander
 
geckoGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Loving the Endorphine Machine
Posts: 7,458
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 
Default Re: New to cycling

Much better. They have better quality bushings in the deraileurs, better quality chain and sprockets, bearings in the brake pivots instead of bushes and will tolerate moderate to high mileage much better.

Function is similar to 105 but Ultegra retains its optimum function a lot better, 105 will lose function more rapidly as the lower quality pivot points wear and become sloppy.

Ultegra also has a reasonable weight saving too.

In the Shimano upper levels the line up is 105, Ultegra and Durace. The difference between Ultegra and Durace is often questioned because in terms of quality the difference is not huge. The difference between 105 and ultegra is a different story. Put it this way, I would love to find a cost effective way to get my daughter off her 105 equipped bike and onto a Ultegra equipped bike.
__________________
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional!
geckoGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2011, 03:30 PM   #84
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
ratter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Pit Lane
Posts: 11,507
Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. 
Default Re: New to cycling

Ultegra is better than 105, Dura-Ace is better than Ultegra, Di2 is better again
__________________
Pit Lane Performance
20 Rosella St Frankston 03 9783 8122

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2011, 03:36 PM   #85
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander
 
geckoGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Loving the Endorphine Machine
Posts: 7,458
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 
Default Re: New to cycling

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter
Di2 is better again

That is open to a lot of discussion, they fight about that on cycling forums for hours.
__________________
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional!
geckoGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2011, 03:38 PM   #86
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..
 
Sam_Boss260's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 4,035
Default Re: New to cycling

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT0132
Sam

Just on the weight loss need, a lot of your progress is related to diet change.

I have been a regular gym goer, jogger, cycler etc for years..For about 20 years on and off I've done roughly 45 min a day a mix of cardio and weights..plus on weekends a 8k jog. I used to be able to eat and drink what I wanted within reason without worrying about adding weight. In the past 18 months though my weight has started to creep up to the point where I'm now 7kg overweight.

So about 6 months ago went to see a personal trainer 2 days a week for 13 weeks who started me on a program of circuit training involving weights. I did 45 min of cardio the other 3 days and 2 days rest. While I became much fitter and being able to benchpress twice what i could at the start I didn't lose one gram of weight. My problem?...I love my food too much, especially chocolate and deserts.

I don't use the trainer anymore but now but I made 2 night time meals a week out of 7 a vegetarian (ssteamed vegies with no sauces) , cut lunch down to one sandwich instead of two with tuna instead of meat and have fruit salad and muesli/yogurt for breakfast. I lost 5kg in a month. I could never give up beer and wine though. Any diet plan has to work around that little obstacle

Thanks Pete. I know diet is a big part of my problem, as I just eat way to much. So I have really cut down on my portion sizes, restricying carbs and cutting the sweets and desserts down.

As to beer? Same as you, some things I simply can't cut out.

But I really need to focus on some regular exercise, as this will be a big factor, as I don't do any at all, which is sooo bad. So I have to suck it up and start doing some serious exercise now.


Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoGT
Teschner is a very good brand and make bikes up to the $10,000 dollar bracket. They are very popular here in Bris with roadies and for a good reason, they are good frames and that bike is a very good buy, it is easily a $4000 bike. Ultegra components are competition level stuff and will last many years if you are doing regular fitness type rides.

If you don't buy it I will, it would be great for my daughter.
Thanks Gecko. Part of me is crapping my pants about the cost, but then part of me also says that in 6 or 12 months time I don't need to upgrade or change. Just get good gear now and stick with it. But your sentiments reinforce that it is a pretty good bargain.
Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2011, 03:40 PM   #87
blueoval
cynical bastard
 
blueoval's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 19,065
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 
Default Re: New to cycling

Interesting information guys. I'm learning a lot just from this thread alone.

Sorry to Sam for hijacking the thread. I am just enthusiastic about cycling that's all and the more I can learn, the more I can be aware with other products out there.
__________________
Cheers
Shav

CURRENT RIDES: MY07 SUBARU LIBERTY GT PREMIUM

MY12 SUBARU FORESTER X


MY18 SUBARU XV 2.0i-S

CLICK FOR DETAILS HERE

my other toys: 2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 Ultegra/FSA road bike

2015 Cervelo S5 VWD with DuraAce groupset


My Photography thread- HERE
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2011, 03:42 PM   #88
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
ratter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Pit Lane
Posts: 11,507
Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. 
Default Re: New to cycling

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoGT
That is open to a lot of discussion, they fight about that on cycling forums for hours.
yeah I know, just like we have arguments about whether to go turbo or V8

The only downside I can see with Di2 is battery and wiring connectors, everything else is a positive, just too dear for me
__________________
Pit Lane Performance
20 Rosella St Frankston 03 9783 8122

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2011, 05:21 PM   #89
TZENU
XY Driv3r
 
TZENU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 3,022
Default Re: New to cycling

IMO after test riding an Avanti equipped with Di2, it felt alot smoother than the mechanical shift but whether it is worth the extra i'm not so sure.

They have an Ultegra Di2 system which is due late October, which hopefully, is a smaller premium over the Ultegra 6700 (mechanical) system in comparison to the premium you pay for Dura Ace Di2 over the Dura Ace 7900 (mechanical) system
__________________
Genuine Faker NOW BROKEN
Imagniation is a human element creativity is the result
TZENU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2011, 05:56 PM   #90
blueoval
cynical bastard
 
blueoval's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 19,065
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 
Default Re: New to cycling

I've been browsing ebay and I spotted this for sale.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Azzurri-U...item415d6cb901

Thoughts?
__________________
Cheers
Shav

CURRENT RIDES: MY07 SUBARU LIBERTY GT PREMIUM

MY12 SUBARU FORESTER X


MY18 SUBARU XV 2.0i-S

CLICK FOR DETAILS HERE

my other toys: 2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 Ultegra/FSA road bike

2015 Cervelo S5 VWD with DuraAce groupset


My Photography thread- HERE
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +11. The time now is 10:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Other than what is legally copyrighted by the respective owners, this site is copyright www.fordforums.com.au
Positive SSL