Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Stingray Car Security

Stingray Car Security Gauge holders for ford falcon b series to fg to fgx supplied delivered Australia wide. Triple, double, fpv,single din radio aftermarket radio fascias and ngagauge /turbosmart eboost gauge holders .Message us now!! Website Link

Old 17-06-2009, 08:49 AM   #1
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 
Talking Dynamat car soundproofing and audio improvement

We now have added a new line of product to our product base..the famous range of dynamat padding. Dynamat helps reduce vibration in the car,reduce road noise and enhance the sound from stereo speakers. We are currently building the website up but have already started listing products so please feel free to have a look. We are hoping to have the dynamat page completed in the next few day.

http://www.stingraycar.com.au/dynamat.htm
Attached Images
File Type: jpg speaker.jpg (14.6 KB, 178 views)

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2009, 09:28 AM   #2
The Monty
Just slidin'

Stav, how heavy is dynamat?
Old 27-06-2009, 10:12 AM   #3
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I tried picking up a pack of it.. its not like lifting cement but its not light either, dunno how to describe it.

The pack i.e. 5 or so sheets seems heavy to pick up. A pack will do a single boot so if you do doors etc its going to add a few kilo's

Last edited by Stav; 27-06-2009 at 05:30 PM.
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2009, 11:59 PM   #4
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Bumped by me

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Old 14-07-2009, 12:10 AM   #5
data_mine
GT-P With An Ego
Donating Member2

Good call Stav.

I highly recommend dynamat for anyone who wants to get serious about their stereo.

Ford Performance Club of ACT
data_mine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2009, 08:44 PM   #6
Stav
Smile

Thanks DataMine.It is about time some great products were introduced to our products list..Yes they are an awesome product

Old 23-07-2009, 12:20 PM   #7
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

I've been meaning to Dynamat my doors for ages. Good to know we can now get it through you!
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2009, 04:56 PM   #8
BOSHOG
avenge me

how much do you think the $299 extreme pack will do?

a whole car? ive never used it before
BOSHOG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2009, 06:16 PM   #9
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Chip Foose recommends Dynamat

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2009, 06:34 PM   #10
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is that what it looks like when you open your boot?...Not sure I'm fussed on the look
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2009, 08:07 PM   #11
data_mine
GT-P With An Ego
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSHOG

Really depends on how big a car, what parts you do, and how 'dead' you want them.

There's 2 and a bit boxes in my car*, and I've seen cars with 6-7 boxes worth in them.

As a guide, there's 3 layers on my boot lid, 1 layer in the rest of the boot/wheel well etc. 2 layers on the outside door skin of each door, and one layer on the inner skin of each door. There's also a layer on the floor under the rear seat (helps cut exhaust noise). You can knock on one of my doors and it sounds like a solid core wooden door - so 'really dead'.

starting on the doors

If you're starting out, do the panels where your speakers are (this prevent rattle caused by the speakers, and helps increase sound pressure. i.e. the front doors. And if you've got a sub, do the boot lid (prevent rattles, and increase sound pressure). After that, doing the rest of the car to help cut road noise. Less noise means your stereo has less to compete against.

*I compete in car audio 'sound quality' comps, so probably use more than most people would.

** hope you don't mind a little hijack Stav.

Old 23-07-2009, 08:09 PM   #12
data_mine
GT-P With An Ego
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT0132
Is that what it looks like when you open your boot?...Not sure I'm fussed on the look
That's easily fixed with the factory boot lid carpet.

You'd never know (until you realise the extra weight of the lid).

Old 23-07-2009, 08:17 PM   #13
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by data_mine
That's easily fixed with the factory boot lid carpet.

You'd never know (until you realise the extra weight of the lid).

Ok, I thought that may be the case, then I though, well, with all that sound deadening material how could the boot lid carpet possibly fit over the top?
Youve out my mind at ease, so thanks !

Really keen on this stuff.

STAV can you PM me a quote as follows

1. Dynamat front doors

2. Speaker upgrade front doors (can you quote using 2-3 brands you'd recommend?)

3. DYnamat rear parcel shelf

4. Speaker upgrade rear shelf (can you quote using 2-3 brands you'd recommend?)

5. Sub replacement...an upgrade to the factory sub

6. Dynamat boot

Include installation

Cheers
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2009, 10:29 PM   #14
capthowdy

STAV can i also get a quote for following with installation

1. Dynamat front doors

2. DYnamat rear parcel shelf

Thanks
capthowdy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2009, 01:48 PM   #15
Stav
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by capthowdy
STAV can i also get a quote for following with installation

1. Dynamat front doors

2. DYnamat rear parcel shelf

Thanks
Yes I will do it very soon .I have been inundated with alot of work.Have it to you tonight thanks.

Old 24-07-2009, 05:36 PM   #16
genebaby
Abuser of Charvels

I've got some Dynamat still waiting to go in my car....soooo lazy. I did get the parcel shelf done recently though.

Daily - Mitsubishi Triton Exceed - White

Weekends: S3 Mitsubishi 380 VRX - Mawson White - Stock

Retired: Venom BA XR8 - build thread

Last edited by Stav; 24-07-2009 at 10:24 PM.
genebaby is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2009, 10:23 PM   #17
Stav
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSHOG

Done properly you should be able to definately do all of your doors .I estimate 1/1/2 sheets per door. Back parcel tray another 2 sheets. So thats 8 sheets right there.It depends how much you want to cover in the door.You could try 1 sheet a door and then have 5 sheets left. It should be enough to cover 1/2 of your floor space in that instance. I estimate youll probably need another 3 to 5 sheets to finish the interior. Best way is to get 2 boxes and have a little left over.

Old 24-07-2009, 10:26 PM   #18
Stav
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by data_mine
Really depends on how big a car, what parts you do, and how 'dead' you want them.

There's 2 and a bit boxes in my car*, and I've seen cars with 6-7 boxes worth in them.

As a guide, there's 3 layers on my boot lid, 1 layer in the rest of the boot/wheel well etc. 2 layers on the outside door skin of each door, and one layer on the inner skin of each door. There's also a layer on the floor under the rear seat (helps cut exhaust noise). You can knock on one of my doors and it sounds like a solid core wooden door - so 'really dead'.

starting on the doors

If you're starting out, do the panels where your speakers are (this prevent rattle caused by the speakers, and helps increase sound pressure. i.e. the front doors. And if you've got a sub, do the boot lid (prevent rattles, and increase sound pressure). After that, doing the rest of the car to help cut road noise. Less noise means your stereo has less to compete against.

*I compete in car audio 'sound quality' comps, so probably use more than most people would.

** hope you don't mind a little hijack Stav.
Youre ok young friend

Old 26-08-2009, 12:29 PM   #19
xb351coupe
Ped Pepper Coupe

Guys,

I've done my coupe in this, floor, firewall & roof... no doors and its used 3 packs.. so 27 sheets. I does not go as far as you think. All up about $700 worth.

xb351coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2009, 12:58 PM   #20
Polyal
Now with more Chrome
Donating Member2

^^^FAR OUT!

I picked some stuff up this morning from my brother who works in a spray shop, ill see what the brand is, I think I have enough to do all the doors. Might get some more and do the boot later.

As far as installation goes, he told me that they put it on the underside of the door skins, not straight on the frame/metal work.

What do you guys think?
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2009, 02:31 PM   #21
data_mine
GT-P With An Ego
Donating Member2

Test as you go.

Add some dynamat, knock the panel, see if it still 'rings' (sounds like metal). Once it sounds 'solid' you're done.

Old 26-08-2009, 02:35 PM   #22
Polyal
Now with more Chrome
Donating Member2

Well I would be inclined to put it straight on the metal work as the extra weight on the door skins (trims) might put to much stress on the clips that hold them in..maybe..not sure.
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2009, 07:42 PM   #23
Dave_Obsession
Resident AFF detailer

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Helpful and detailed posts on car care. 

so how heavy is dynamat??
Old 27-08-2009, 09:41 PM   #24
Stav
Smile

Dynamat works best when it is placed and rolled onto metal.It actually absorbs the tininess and sound that way .

Old 30-01-2013, 05:23 PM   #25
kilsabbeR
Starter Motor

Default Re: Dynamat car soundproofing and audio improvement

to cover the doors do you only place dynamat around the speaker hole and behind it or???
kilsabbeR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2013, 06:56 PM   #26
data_mine
GT-P With An Ego
Donating Member2

Default Re: Dynamat car soundproofing and audio improvement

Everywhere.

If you knock it with your knuckle and it sounds hollow/metal dynamat it, until it sounds solid.
Really pay attention to large flat surfaces, the outer door skin, surfaces with lots of bends and folds are already pretty strong. Give it all a light knock and you'll hear what I mean.